X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Just like how he went behind his own net when the players were going to play the puck and Motte got knocked over. He was doing anything and everything to draw a penalty for being touched in the slightest.
    He did that last weekend as well. Hard to believe the refs fall for it. But when he skated out to the blue line and attacked the Nanook player, well I have never seen anything like that. He certainly didn't live up to expectations. The Nanooks played well, but Motte looked absolutely off his game, so there's that. If he had been on one of his hot streaks it would have been a different outcome.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Ferris had an off weekend. If I were you guys that's how I would spin it too.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        Ferris had an off weekend. If I were you guys that's how I would spin it too.

Go Nooks!
        That's not spin. It's an honest assessment of their play. Maybe it's time for another lesson of "The Seawolves remind the Nanooks that the Nanooks are not as good as they think they are."
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          That's not spin. It's an honest assessment of their play. Maybe it's time for another lesson of "The Seawolves remind the Nanooks that the Nanooks are not as good as they think they are."
          This coming from the fan of a team whose 3 out of their 11 conference wins were against Alabama. Let's not forget the tie with Alabama either.

Comment

This coming from the fan of a team whose 3 out of their 11 conference wins were against Alabama. Let's not forget the tie with Alabama either.
            Yes, but I'm not thinking my team is the greatest thing since sliced bread like you guys are.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Yes, but I'm not thinking my team is the greatest thing since sliced bread like you guys are.
              I don't see anyone saying that. I see fans complimenting the style of play and performance of a great group of guys who have worked hard all season and are now finally seeing the results they want.

Comment

I don't see anyone saying that. I see fans complimenting the style of play and performance of a great group of guys who have worked hard all season and are now finally seeing the results they want.
                Well, you guys seem to be acting like you're gonna roll over UAA, that you're team is unstoppable, that you guys are playing so well. Well, it's time to come to Earth.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

We played well and were rewarded with points. Not always the case. But we needed to just to make the playoffs so we know we aren’t the greatest thing since sliced bread. You’re just too used to projecting your teams own insecurities towards past arrogant conference foes long forgotten in the nWCHA. Anything can happen in the Governor's Cup series. It’s a new conference, a new day, a great day to be a Seawolf fan. Don’t worry, be happy…”

Are you guys bringing an Econo-van packed full of Seawolf fans north for our comeuppance?

Go Nooks!

Comment

Congrats to the UAA hockey team ... who are at this very moment shaving their heads to raise money for childhood cancer research. According to their St. Baldricks web page, they have raised more than their goal, $35,137 so far. I'm sure it will be a lot more when the event is over! Well done guys, we are proud of you!! Now go get some hats!
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'll tip my hat to the Seawolves. Good job guys.

Comment

Just added to that total with a donation of my own. Happy to put it to a good cause.
                        Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

And we thoroughly enjoyed the nooks when they did their CPR group dance!
                          now back to hating!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                            And we thoroughly enjoyed the nooks when they did their CPR group dance!
                            now back to hating!!!!!
                            Hey, you're not allowed to say things I agree with...

But yes, back to the important things in life.....Seawolves suck!!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              We played well and were rewarded with points. Not always the case. But we needed to just to make the playoffs so we know we aren’t the greatest thing since sliced bread. You’re just too used to projecting your teams own insecurities towards past arrogant conference foes long forgotten in the nWCHA. Anything can happen in the Governor's Cup series. It’s a new conference, a new day, a great day to be a Seawolf fan. Don’t worry, be happy…”

Are you guys bringing an Econo-van packed full of Seawolf fans north for our comeuppance?

Go Nooks!
                              The Econo is coming. But we've also rented a U-Haul. Not for more fans though. Alaska Hockey and I plan on making a nice score at the mall on Saturday morning.
                              _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                              No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Congrats to the UAA hockey team ... who are at this very moment shaving their heads to raise money for childhood cancer research. According to their St. Baldricks web page, they have raised more than their goal, $35,137 so far. I'm sure it will be a lot more when the event is over! Well done guys, we are proud of you!! Now go get some hats!
                                Well done SeaWolves!
                                Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X