X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
    It's called a throwback jersey. From the 80-81' season. I thought they looked better than the mercyhurst games. Brighter white, instead of that dirty white the seapups wear at home. And the anchorage fans don't even know what they are cheering for when they say let's go seawolves. What is that?
    I personally don't like the creamish jerseys either, if you're gonna go white, go clean white. All that pearl and cream colored jerseys don't transfer well to hockey jerseys. Are you talking about our alternate jersey, that says Alaska Anchorage?:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...niform-UAA.png

The educated fans does, much like your average UA_ fan knows about the nanook. Course it's easier since your polar bears plastered everywhere, and it actually resembles a real creature. I guess whoever decided about your logo thought they'd make it easy for ya'll square dancing folk.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      You should have kept those jerseys in the 80's. You are referred to Alaska for a reason, sports! Or is all that wood smoke not letting you see the actual picture. Here I will spell it out for you again. Your sports teams are called Alaska. Alaska. You know that state you live in. So why the eff chant UA_ if Alaska was specifically made for sports?
      Because chanting UA doesn't have the same ring.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
        I personally don't like the creamish jerseys either, if you're gonna go white, go clean white. All that pearl and cream colored jerseys don't transfer well to hockey jerseys. Are you talking about our alternate jersey, that says Alaska Anchorage?:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...niform-UAA.png

The educated fans does, much like your average UA_ fan knows about the nanook. Course it's easier since your polar bears plastered everywhere, and it actually resembles a real creature. I guess whoever decided about your logo thought they'd make it easy for ya'll square dancing folk.
        I don't like UAA's creamish colors either. Actually they look pale yellow to me. But there are some people who really like them, so to each his own. Still way better than the camo crap that UA_ had when they played Ferris for military appreciation weekend.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
          And believe it or not but people buy the jerseys because the funds support the program. Guess you just aren't used to that concept.
          Leave it to UA_IceAngel to start personal attacks, it's okay though. Most folk here are used to you taking anything as a personal attack. I'm sure their is something in psychology that refers to leaving yourself out of an argument, and not attacking your opponent, but attacking your opponents thoughts/opinions. It makes you look like a 12 year old kid trying to look tough on the internet.
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Leave it to UA_IceAngel to start personal attacks, it's okay though. Most folk here are used to you taking anything as a personal attack. I'm sure their is something in psychology that refers to leaving yourself out of an argument, and not attacking your opponent, but attacking your opponents thoughts/opinions. It makes you look like a 12 year old kid trying to look tough on the internet.
            Ok guess I need to be more specific next time or just not reply with a quote. It was geared towards "you" in the sense of the entire UAA fan base.

Comment

Andddd you taking anything I say that serious makes you look just as silly. It's the internet, I don't see how you, wait I mean ANYONE, can take anything I say seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                I don't like UAA's creamish colors either. Actually they look pale yellow to me. But there are some people who really like them, so to each his own. Still way better than the camo crap that UA_ had when they played Ferris for military appreciation weekend.
                The camo from 2 years ago I thought was much better. But this years were okay. It's all matter of opinion. Just like I think anything with a green and yellow (ugly color combination) seawolf is crap.

Comment

But to end my postings for tonight...I guess I will start using or or 'jk' so you can all tell I'm kidding or being sarcastic. I don't have any personal hate or true disliking towards any UAA fan even though I despise your team and University.

Comment

You should have kept those jerseys in the 80's. You are referred to Alaska for a reason, sports! Or is all that wood smoke not letting you see the actual picture. Here I will spell it out for you again. Your sports teams are called Alaska. Alaska. You know that state you live in. So why the eff chant UA_ if Alaska was specifically made for sports?
                    And she refers to the "lower 48" as the "states" lol. Gotta love UA_ !
                    Last edited by Wolfman; 03-11-2014, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Because chanting UA doesn't have the same ring.
                      Suze, they COULD chant " U-of-A" but they refuse lol
                      Last edited by Wolfman; 03-11-2014, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Sounds like Morley is day to day.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Ok guess I need to be more specific next time or just not reply with a quote. It was geared towards "you" in the sense of the entire UAA fan base.
                          No matter how many times I run it through my head, I still don't get your logic. I mentioned your jerseys looked like crap, you say people actually buy them to support the program. Oh okay, that makes more sense I guess. I have to do this with nearly everything you say, I don't know why. UAA does auction some of there jerseys, the alternate ones, or the Kendall/Brice ones, sometime the UA_ ones...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                            Suze, they COULD chant " U-of-A" but they refuse lol
                            they are so befuddled, this is easy..which they need.......

Then the lady doing sign language Saturday after Cameron’s Goal pretty well summed up the new logo…
                            Easy for them to remember, ……..fit’s them to a “tee”, and most already scream or jester it. ........
                            Fairbanks University Better Known as F U as far as hand gestures most of _airbanks will need no training Tossing a ‘Texas Howdy” and
                            the double is allready known as the F U salutet.
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Andddd you taking anything I say that serious makes you look just as silly. It's the internet, I don't see how you, wait I mean ANYONE, can take anything I say seriously.
                              I guess you are my long lost sister, the one I would always bicker with. You know, good old sibling rivalry stuff.

But to end my postings for tonight...I guess I will start using or or 'jk' so you can all tell I'm kidding or being sarcastic. I don't have any personal hate or true disliking towards any UAA fan even though I despise your team and University.
                              We'd all appreciate it. You might be a little snappy too if your team had lost the Cup for the past 5 years (again), and seeing how we keep losing the Cup makes us Seawolf faithful wonder just how much the coaches and players really care about it. Which should makes us fans wonder just how much we should really care about it. Isn't it like a full handful of Cup losses due to a shootout now. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                they are so befuddled, this is easy..which they need.......

Then the lady doing sign language Saturday after Cameron’s Goal pretty well summed up the new logo…
                                Easy for them to remember, ……..fit’s them to a “tee”, and most already scream or jester it. ........
                                Fairbanks University Better Known as F U as far as hand gestures most of _airbanks will need no training Tossing a ‘Texas Howdy” and
                                the double is allready known as the F U salutet.
                                Perfect. But wait you're forgetting, another change to the name of their sports teams, they'll get even more confused!

Comment

Working...
                                X