This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Come on people lighten up, it's really not that big of a deal. Fans do that at sporting events all the time.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
      Come on people lighten up, it's really not that big of a deal. Fans do that at sporting events all the time.
      Oh come on, let us have our fun! People may do it all the time, but it's not often caught on camera ... just ask Dave Hakstol. Besides, considering where she was sitting, she should have known it might end up on video!
      Last edited by Suze; 03-09-2014, 10:51 PM.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
        Maybe I could use the term Continental US? Nah, no thanks. I'll say what I want when it comes to that issue, we all have our own ways that we refer to those other states and I definitely don't plan on changing it to please you. Thanks for the history lesson though.
        No prob on history lesson! You are that one that contributes to the notion that Alaska is another country from lower 48ers. But, since you go to UA_, we understand! Lol. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
          No prob on history lesson! You are that one that contributes to the notion that Alaska is another country from lower 48ers. But, since you go to UA_, we understand! Lol. :-)
          Not taking sides here...yep we're a state...nope those outside really don't understand
          Just sayin..............

Comment

Comment

If people are too naive to learn the true facts about Alaska and the statehood status/location of it then I really don't care about what they think anyways. Also, if the teachers in the world fail to properly inform their students on the real location and status of our statehood then that is in no way my fault either.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                If people are too naive to learn the true facts about Alaska and the statehood status/location of it then I really don't care about what they think anyways. Also, if the teachers in the world fail to properly inform their students on the real location and status of our statehood then that is in no way my fault either.
                For being off the coast of Mexico it sure is ****ing cold here.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

That area was actually the one that probably had the most UAA fans, well at least in the balcony.
                  I'm guessing the students were only there on Saturday. They were sitting in the next section over from where i sat. Disappointing they weren't there on Friday. Definately the largest uaa crowd I've seen in fairbanks. Wonder how many will be coming back the second weekend in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                    I'm guessing the students were only there on Saturday. They were sitting in the next section over from where i sat. Disappointing they weren't there on Friday. Definately the largest uaa crowd I've seen in fairbanks. Wonder how many will be coming back the second weekend in a row.
                    They were there both nights. They came on a bus that left Anchorage Friday morning and brought the students back home today.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Maybe I could use the term Continental US? Nah, no thanks. I'll say what I want when it comes to that issue, we all have our own ways that we refer to those other states and I definitely don't plan on changing it to please you. Thanks for the history lesson though.
                      Continental US doesn't make much sense. Apparently people don't know that Alaska is on the same continent as the lower 48. People don't understand that when they only ship things to the "continental US". Maybe they really do think Alaska is an island off Mexico .

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        They were there both nights. They came on a bus that left Anchorage Friday morning and brought the students back home today.
                        I know they didn't have much to cheer about friday, but I was expecting something at least before the puck dropped. They were much louder before the game on Saturday. And throughout the game of course.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                          Continental US doesn't make much sense. Apparently people don't know that Alaska is on the same continent as the lower 48. People don't understand that when they only ship things to the "continental US". Maybe they really do think Alaska is an island off Mexico .
                          I've had customer service reps ask me if Alaska is part of the US! Many are indeed ignorant.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            For being off the coast of Mexico it sure is ****ing cold here.
                            I almost spit coffee on my laptop over that one.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

"For being off the coast of Mexico it sure is ****ing cold here."

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              I almost spit coffee on my laptop over that one.

GFM
                              Ole Squarebanks comes up with some good ones once in a while.
                              I attribute his warped sense of humor to living in the Mad/Zoo.

This series should be a barn burner. Both teams wanting to exert their will on the other.
                              UA_ getting last change is a definite advantage however I'm confident Matt will come up with a lineup and game plan to stifle some of that Nook firepower. Our guys have the ability to play with anyone and as demonstrated Saturday night these guys can win.
                              Our Seawolves have some pretty potent weapons of their own.
                              Hopefully we score first and set the Nooks back on their heels.
                              As proven during the season the Seawolves have the resiliency to recover from adversity and go on to win.
                              The goalies are hot for both teams, however we have more of them.
                              The series is going to be a dandy.
                              It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                "For being off the coast of Mexico it sure is ****ing cold here."

Ole Squarebanks comes up with some good ones once in a while.
                                I attribute his warped sense of humor to living in the Mad/Zoo.

This series should be a barn burner. Both teams wanting to exert their will on the other.
                                UA_ getting last change is a definite advantage however I'm confident Matt will come up with a lineup and game plan to stifle some of that Nook firepower. Our guys have the ability to play with anyone and as demonstrated Saturday night these guys can win.
                                Our Seawolves have some pretty potent weapons of their own.
                                Hopefully we score first and set the Nooks back on their heels.
                                As proven during the season the Seawolves have the resiliency to recover from adversity and go on to win.
                                The goalies are hot for both teams, however we have more of them.
                                The series is going to be a dandy.
                                It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!
                                While I am thankful for the work Cahill has done over the past few games and I won't take away from some of the big wins he's gotten us, obviously stopping those shots in the shootout are huge, I feel as though the defense the past few games (aside from Saturdays game) had been stellar and a crucial part in keeping the opposing teams offense at a minimal. So if the Nanooks can't come up with a way to bring that defense back or find a way to shut down UAAs offense then I can see a replay of Saturday happening.

I hate that things were flowing so well for the Nanooks and then Tyler Morley gets hurt so coach has to switch things around with the line-up and as soon as that happens they lose a game. Not saying any of those who came in on the line-up are bad players but it stinks that the momentum shifted so much just by one player getting hurt. Do any Nanook fans know what the extent of Morleys injury is? I saw him on crutches and someone around us said his leg was broken, but he looked relatively normal when he was getting in the picture for the cup. Hoping it's nothing too severe!

Comment

Working...
                                X