X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Yikes, you definitely sound like an ACC graduate with that sentence.
    You got that right........graduate...............better than 10 years and still plugging away..........maybe a transfer to the UA_ Kuskokwim Campus in beutiful downtown Bethel would get you over the hump and rumor has it ...."Better Pickings".
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-02-2014, 01:38 AM.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

The best defense is a good forecheck. Control the puck, control the game.

And from what I saw, your offense was not explosive, the Ferris defense was terrible.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
        UAA has its work cut out for it. Lets face it, Alaska is absolutely on fire. UAA will be forced to make changes to defend against (shocking words, I know) an explosive offense. I expect that UAA will be watching of video and have a surprise or two up their sleeves. Hopefully it won't come down to Kamal resorting to the tactics CJ Mott did.
        I don't think I've ever seen a goalie act quite like that. Playing like he wanted to be a Defenseman and then whining everytime someone touched him, when he was way out of the net. And that was before he attacked Jared Larson on the breakaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          JUST LOSE!!!!!
          haha
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post

Truth be told, my username was generated when I created the account and it’s too hard for me to change it. I don't post here incredibly frequently.
            Fixed your post.....
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
              I don't think I've ever seen a goalie act quite like that. Playing like he wanted to be a Defenseman and then whining everytime someone touched him, when he was way out of the net. And that was before he attacked Jared Larson on the breakaway.
              Did Jared Larson score ? no ....good play goalie.....

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                Did Jared Larson score ? no ....good play goalie.....
                Actually the puck went in the net. They didnt count it because in the goalies diving act his helmet came off. Just before the puck rolled in. Yeah.... "Good play"

Comment

You got that right........graduate...............better than 10 years and still plugging away..........maybe a transfer to the UA_ Kuskokwim Campus in beutiful downtown Bethel would get you over the hump and rumor has it ...."Better Pickings".
                  Psh it'll only be 9 years technically :-p

I have a beautiful daughter and amazing husband as a result from my absence from school soooo, yeah, I don't take offense to your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                    Actually the puck went in the net. They didnt count it because in the goalies diving act his helmet came off. Just before the puck rolled in. Yeah.... "Good play"
                    Just like how he went behind his own net when the players were going to play the puck and Motte got knocked over. He was doing anything and everything to draw a penalty for being touched in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                      Just like how he went behind his own net when the players were going to play the puck and Motte got knocked over. He was doing anything and everything to draw a penalty for being touched in the slightest.
                      good play goalie.........

Comment

good play goalie.........
                        That's right! We shouldn't forget the good playing from the goalie last week against the sea puppies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          The best defense is a good forecheck. Control the puck, control the game.

And from what I saw, your offense was not explosive, the Ferris defense was terrible.
                          No, they weren't terrible. They made mistakes, certainly, but they are definitely a decent team. UAA only scored on them 5 times last weekend, which was enough for ferris to sweep.

I don't think the last two governor cup games will be easy for either team, and I'm not sure if a sweep is going to happen either way. I do believe the nooks have a solid edge here. They are riding so much momentum. This is not the nanook team you're used to seeing, top-heavy with talent. Every line is a threat. Any mistake UAA makes could be turned into a goal. A lot of the Nanook game has turned into wreaking havoc to generate those opportunities. UAA is more like us that ferris is, so it's a bit of a wildcard as far as knowing how the systems will go against each other.

I personally hope that it works out that nooks get home ice in the playoffs and anchorage has to come back up after losing the gov cup for a fifth year in a row.

Even if anchorage takes the cup, I don't think I'd be too sad. 4 out of 5 wouldn't be too bad. UAA would be like that fifth dentist that no one talks about.

That all said, I'm glad UAA is doing well this season. Two strong programs colliding is what makes the cup exciting. We'll see if I have to change my signature after next weekend. I'm not sure I remember how to do that... it's been so long...
                          The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            UAFHockeyFan314 - couldn't you come up with a user name that had a few more characters in it? Or are you trying to say there are 314 UAF hockey fans? Come to think of it, looking at the Carlson last night, me thinks that might be the case.

Hey, take a tip from UAA, close off the balcony ... it improves the atmosphere.
                            Don't close the balcony... That's where all the fun is!
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Anybody know if Spirit is making the trip? With full security?
                              _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                              No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                                No, they weren't terrible. They made mistakes, certainly, but they are definitely a decent team. UAA only scored on them 5 times last weekend, which was enough for ferris to sweep.

I don't think the last two governor cup games will be easy for either team, and I'm not sure if a sweep is going to happen either way. I do believe the nooks have a solid edge here. They are riding so much momentum. This is not the nanook team you're used to seeing, top-heavy with talent. Every line is a threat. Any mistake UAA makes could be turned into a goal. A lot of the Nanook game has turned into wreaking havoc to generate those opportunities. UAA is more like us that ferris is, so it's a bit of a wildcard as far as knowing how the systems will go against each other.

I personally hope that it works out that nooks get home ice in the playoffs and anchorage has to come back up after losing the gov cup for a fifth year in a row.

Even if anchorage takes the cup, I don't think I'd be too sad. 4 out of 5 wouldn't be too bad. UAA would be like that fifth dentist that no one talks about.

That all said, I'm glad UAA is doing well this season. Two strong programs colliding is what makes the cup exciting. We'll see if I have to change my signature after next weekend. I'm not sure I remember how to do that... it's been so long...
                                UAA is statistically even across the board with us except in one glaring spot: goals for.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X