X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

UAA won the Alumni game today.
    Way to go guys!
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-08-2014, 11:18 PM.

Comment

3-1 UAA! Keep it up boys
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
        Let's D up tonight boys. And Suze their camera work is better than ours.
        Are the UA_'s camermen paid professionals or students? Anybody know?
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
          I know it is just a game, but I got to kind of side with Jim James on this. It is a rivalry and our performance was dismal and embarrassing. I am a DIE-HARD UAA fan, took my flag to Iraq, my make shift "office" in the field of Tikrit, Iraq sported UAA stuff. This was Saddam Heusen's home town, I had had his area DRAPPED in UAA insignia!!!! All my guys knew I was a UAA Fan, I really put UAA on the map in my squadron.

If they saw a performance like that against our rival, I would be ridiculed all the way back home to Louisiana! We are not talking about UAA against Minnesota, or UAA against UND, we are talking about UAF!!!! To be blown out was just a kick in the nuts.

I was very disappointed because a lot was on the line for this game. We really could have had home ice for the first time ever with a win and maybe a tie tonight. We really need to show up tonight and beat the nooks.
          Perfectly said for me too!

Comment

If we win, we will be in 6th place and play UA_. If we lose, we will be in 7th place and play Minnesota State. If we tie, since we spilt 4 games with Northern Michigan we will be in 7th place since NMU has more conference wins, we will play Minnesota State since UA_ will have more points then Bowling Green. Three different outcomes, only two possible teams to play if I did everything correctly!
            Last edited by AKSWF; 03-09-2014, 12:29 AM. Reason: whoops

Comment

Also I've been at Alaskana's chat for 15 minutes now, nobody is there except me.

Comment

****, good job winning the skills competition. See you guys next week. It was a good weekend of hockey.

Comment

Shootouts suck. No Pinkie. See you next weekend.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Tip of the hat to UAA on a heck of a rebound game.

Shoot out or not, half a decade feels good.

I have a feeling we will see three games next week.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Tip of the hat to UAA on a heck of a rebound game.

Shoot out or not, half a decade feels good.
                      I'm must take a polite exception here. Over the course of the much heralded Governor's Cup "series", I believe you'll find the record to distinctly not accurately reflect what one might think 13-8 means. How many of these things have been won by shootouts? 6 now? 5 to UA_ and 1 for UAA? It's just not a rational way to look at it. What's the records over the last 21 years (since we already know the all-time record is in UAA's favor by a substantial margin)????

Comment

I am very happy for the win! Lets take care of business next weekend!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          I'm must take a polite exception here. Over the course of the much heralded Governor's Cup "series", I believe you'll find the record to distinctly not accurately reflect what one might think 13-8 means. How many of these things have been won by shootouts? 6 now? 5 to UA_ and 1 for UAA? It's just not a rational way to look at it. What's the records over the last 21 years (since we already know the all-time record is in UAA's favor by a substantial margin)????
                          The last 10 years the W-L record is well into UAA's favor as UAF went 3 seasons without even winning a game and there's been what? 4 shootouts? 3 in the last 4 four for sure.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            The last 10 years the W-L record is well into UAA's favor as UAF went 3 seasons without even winning a game and there's been what? 4 shootouts? 3 in the last 4 four for sure.
                            And in the last five seasons it's 10-6 UAF. As for the shootouts, they are what they are. UAA agreed to it.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

You know, I will say this: We complain about the shootouts, mostly because we never win them, but those are the rules. Fact of the matter is, we've lost 5 years in a row again. Shootouts, whatever, we've lost. Something has to change at UAA. And I know we're in a transition with the program but this is the one thing that has to change immediately. There's no patience on this one, it has to stop. So no complaining about the shootouts. Instead, what do we do so this never *ing happens again?
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                And in the last five seasons it's 10-6 UAF. As for the shootouts, they are what they are. UAA agreed to it.
                                No argument there. We agreed to it. We can't change it. We lost.

edit: The numbers in the last 5 does not shock me. Flat out we haven't been good enough in this series the last 5 years. I mean we've lost 3 shootouts but there's been a handful of games that UAA has gotten blown away and not been good enough.
                                Last edited by Jimjamesak; 03-09-2014, 01:46 AM.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X