Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Frozen Four Info Thread

Let's hear the info you have!

Where is the main party zone/gathering place for FF fans in Philly?

Where are the hotels everyone is staying at?

I know, it can't compare to Tampa (which was the best of the best locations/set-ups), but what/where are you planning on being.

Re: 2014 Frozen Four Info Thread

I'm at the Loew's. No idea where that is in relation the arena. Hoping to go to Phils game Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      I'm at the Loew's. No idea where that is in relation the arena. Hoping to go to Phils game Friday.
      When buying phillies tickets on their site, enter "goodfortune" as a discount code. Gets you $6 off per ticket if you buy tickets under $38. Not bad.

Also, if you don't have tickets yet, Wells Fargo center continues to release club level seats almost daily.

Comment

Gotta be honest, not all that excited about staying in downtown Philly. I believe tailgating is an option this year, more than almost any other previous FF (aside from the inbred USCHO people tailgating in a Dairy Queen parking lot), which makes driving down from Mass with the grill and staying a few miles out in a cheaper hotel all the more attractive. Maybe hit up Atlantic City on Friday... or the whole friggin time... sounds like a good time to me.

Phils are in town in the same complex all Frozen Four so that will run some interference with traffic, parking, etc. Don't forget to bring your batteries to throw at opposing players inside Citizen's Park!
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          FF (aside from the inbred USCHO people tailgating in a Dairy Queen parking lot),
          It's very close to a Dairy Queen but it's not their lot
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I booked the Four Seasons in Center City Philadelphia. To get the the arena from there, it's about a 25 minute subway ride.

I'll be canceling my reservation if Union doesn't make it though.
            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by unionhockeymaniac View Post
              i'll be canceling my reservation
              fyp
              Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                fyp
                Word
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Gotta be honest, not all that excited about staying in downtown Philly. I believe tailgating is an option this year, more than almost any other previous FF (aside from the inbred USCHO people tailgating in a Dairy Queen parking lot), which makes driving down from Mass with the grill and staying a few miles out in a cheaper hotel all the more attractive. Maybe hit up Atlantic City on Friday... or the whole friggin time... sounds like a good time to me.

Phils are in town in the same complex all Frozen Four so that will run some interference with traffic, parking, etc. Don't forget to bring your batteries to throw at opposing players inside Citizen's Park!
                  I am expecting an invite to yer tailgate!!

Comment

Are the game times 5p & 8pm on Thursday?

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      It's very close to a Dairy Queen but it's not their lot
                      True
                      In fact I only used DQ as a reference point to find the lot!

Comment

Is there a poster's game this year being organized ? I used to play in it each year and had fun meeting posters in a fun game

UPS delivered my tickets today
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          Is there a poster's game this year being organized ? I used to play in it each year and had fun meeting posters in a fun game

UPS delivered my tickets today
                          "It's fun to be fun with the fun"?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            I am expecting an invite to yer tailgate!!
                            Only if Mary Carmichael can come.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              "It's fun to be fun with the fun"?
                              OK bust my balls picking on a fellow Asian )) Did you participate in this before ?
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                              X