X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Frozen Four Info Thread

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
    VIDEO & AUDIO RECORDING
    Video & audio recording equipment is not permitted in the Wells Fargo Center.
    (from the WFC website). THis may cause problems if your DSLR records videos (most do).

They let me in. Just an FYI
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
      There weren't big swaths of empty seats, like in may previous FFs (except for the Minnesota section during the first game, shame on you Minnesota). Either the NCAA or somebody did a better job of allocating the seats to the corporate and NCAA bigwigs who often don't show up (or they actually did show up). Pretty sure they didn't sell out, because I got another email Thursday morning saying there were still tickets available. Upper tier in the ends were pretty empty, except for the bands, but otherwise the empty seats were dispersed, so the place looked reasonably full, and gradually the lower bowl seats filled in, probably by upper bowl folks who moved down. The ushers didn't do much to prevent it (sometimes even during play ).

Very nice facility. Scarlet's right about the pizza -- you need two plates and two hands. And either the traffic is very well planned or we were extraordinarily lucky. We back to our hotel near the airport 15 minutes from the end of the game.
      For the record, the Union and BC sections were fairly empty as well during the Gopher-Sioux game...
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
        I thought Xfinity live was awesome too. Great pre-game spot. Union fans mostly stayed in their own area at Victory Beer Hall, but the overall atmosphere was perfect.
        Xfinity Live may be the best bar (or bar complex, I guess) I have ever been to. It was truly magnificent. The bathrooms were uber clean and they had an attendant. The beer was fairly cheap. THe crowds were rowdy. It was amazing.
        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I have to say, that pizza I had from L&Ss was not that great. Not sure if it was just the one I had or not. The sauce tasted like spaghetti-o's sauce, the crust was soggy, the cheese was Chuck-E-Cheese greasy. Yuck. The fries though at one of the stands were incredible.
          The pizza at the rink looked like a sargento covered doormat, BTW with are crab fries?
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            The pizza at the rink looked like a sargento covered doormat, BTW with are crab fries?
            It wasn't. It was a big slice of heaven that I intend to order again on Saturday. Just went to Pat's for a steak wit with whiz. Ate it in the cab to the train station for the trek back to AC. And proceeded to drip the grease and cheese on myself. It was delish!!

Comment

XFINITY LIVE is spectacular but I don't see any comments about Chickie's and Pete's which is another incredible sports bar, not right at the Sports Complex but walkable for most(less than a mile). Walk north on Broad Street toward Center City to Packer Ave(at the Expressway) turn left(west) and you're there...very highly rated by ESPN and the originator of crab fries. With the warm weather(my thermometer reads 76), the place should be hopping tonight with the Friday night crowd and Phillies pre-game.

I recommend pizza with some trepidation because tastes vary, but there is an authentic South Philly pizza place a couple of doors from C&P's called Celebre's. They also have strombolis and lots of other Italian menu items and you can buy a reasonably-priced bottled beer there. It's very casual and quintessential South Philly. All I can say is I've been going there for thirty years.

Also, a couple of more doors down is Termini's a well-known Philly bakery. The cannolis are outstanding.

Have fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnturkey View Post
                NCAA/governing body of college sports.
                You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, eh?
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, eh?
                  Anyway have a bead on tickets for Sat. night? We have a bunch of Union fans coming in and are trying to get seats together. If you have seats or know fans selling in large(ish) blocks please let me know.

jakemalloy@live.com

Thanks. Go U!

Comment

For the record, the Union and BC sections were fairly empty as well during the Gopher-Sioux game...
                    Yes, entirely fair comment. I take back the "shame on you, Minnesota"; instead, I say "Good for you, North Dakota". Their section looked pretty full both games.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Krinkle cut french fries with a seasoning mixture that was originally the leftovers from the summer crab season at the restaurant, from what I gathered on their website. Going to to try them out tonight.

Comment

I've had a number of great meals out here.

4 Fathers - honest Abe sandwich. Fries are some of the best I've ever had
                        DiNic's - roast pork with provolone. Outstanding meat. I'm going back for the brisket tomorrow.
                        Jim's Steaks - I didn't even need to bother with the other two gut rot factories. The steak sandwich delivered. Probably could have used a bit of salt and pepper when grilling. But overall very good.

Also, getting the subway tokens was a mistake. I've walked **** near everywhere this weekend with the exception of the Battleship New Jersey and the stadium.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                          Krinkle cut french fries with a seasoning mixture that was originally the leftovers from the summer crab season at the restaurant, from what I gathered on their website. Going to to try them out tonight.
                          French fries with Old Bay seasoning for $12 just doesn't do it for me. I thought it was deep fried pieces of crab, then we might be talking. The braciole sandwich in the arena is interesting and quite spicy ( grilled split sausage lined with hot peppers and topped with beef shank and provolone), I wished I had gone for the traditional sausage and peppers, which I did not find until I had already eaten.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Got a question for folks who went to the games Thursday. When we went in, we got a free goody of some sort. But I have no idea what it is. It's made out of stretchy cloth, joined along an edge. Pardon my stupidity, but can anyone tell me what it's supposed to be?

Comment

I've had a number of great meals out here.

4 Fathers - honest Abe sandwich. Fries are some of the best I've ever had
                              DiNic's - roast pork with provolone. Outstanding meat. I'm going back for the brisket tomorrow.
                              Jim's Steaks - I didn't even need to bother with the other two gut rot factories. The steak sandwich delivered. Probably could have used a bit of salt and pepper when grilling. But overall very good.

Also, getting the subway tokens was a mistake. I've walked **** near everywhere this weekend with the exception of the Battleship New Jersey and the stadium.
                              DiNic's is great. We ate there yesterday and went back today. Where are you staying that you can walk everywhere? I guess downtown.
                              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

At Windsor suites next to city hall and Comcast center.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X