2014 Frozen Four Info Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Please enlighten us as to this "government" you speak of.
    Lolz

Comment

• Re: 2014 Frozen Four Info Thread

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
      VIDEO & AUDIO RECORDING
      Video & audio recording equipment is not permitted in the Wells Fargo Center.
      (from the WFC website). THis may cause problems if your DSLR records videos (most do).
      Also, no smart phones will be allowed either.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Also, no smart phones will be allowed either.
        Fortunately mine's a dummy ( operated)
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The ridiculously large slice of Lorenzo & Sons pizza I had at the Wells Fargo Center was quite possibly the best pizza I've ever had, especially in an arena. And the chocolate ice cream? Awesome. Almost makes up for the insane people traffic jam on the concourse after the first game. God forbid there was an emergency or something.

Comment

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves last night and are eagerly anticipating the festivities and game on Saturday night. Those were two of the most entertaining games I have seen in some time and college hockey fans are the greatest.

We drove in from Jersey(took the grandson out of school about an hour early) walked through the Fan Fest and were in the building for warmups. The weather was great and plenty of partying was going on at the XFINITY LIVE outdoor bars.

Next for us will be the public skate on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

There weren't big swaths of empty seats, like in may previous FFs (except for the Minnesota section during the first game, shame on you Minnesota). Either the NCAA or somebody did a better job of allocating the seats to the corporate and NCAA bigwigs who often don't show up (or they actually did show up). Pretty sure they didn't sell out, because I got another email Thursday morning saying there were still tickets available. Upper tier in the ends were pretty empty, except for the bands, but otherwise the empty seats were dispersed, so the place looked reasonably full, and gradually the lower bowl seats filled in, probably by upper bowl folks who moved down. The ushers didn't do much to prevent it (sometimes even during play ).

Very nice facility. Scarlet's right about the pizza -- you need two plates and two hands. And either the traffic is very well planned or we were extraordinarily lucky. We back to our hotel near the airport 15 minutes from the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                There weren't big swaths of empty seats, like in may previous FFs (except for the Minnesota section during the first game, shame on you Minnesota). Either the NCAA or somebody did a better job of allocating the seats to the corporate and NCAA bigwigs who often don't show up (or they actually did show up). Pretty sure they didn't sell out, because I got another email Thursday morning saying there were still tickets available. Upper tier in the ends were pretty empty, except for the bands, but otherwise the empty seats were dispersed, so the place looked reasonably full, and gradually the lower bowl seats filled in, probably by upper bowl folks who moved down. The ushers didn't do much to prevent it (sometimes even during play ).

Very nice facility. Scarlet's right about the pizza -- you need two plates and two hands. And either the traffic is very well planned or we were extraordinarily lucky. We back to our hotel near the airport 15 minutes from the end of the game.
                The crowd was announced at the game, and is listed in the boxscore, at 17,311 which I believe is about right. A Flyer's game" packed house" will top 20,000 so my prediction was wrong, and it wasn't a sellout. I thought the the crowd was energized and the atmosphere good for a neutral site event.

Comment

• Smallest crowd with relation to capacity I have ever seen. Top of balcony was empty in both ends. Center ice VIP seats also empty.. They need ton give priority seat holders better selection of seats. Best games in a number of years.

Comment

Did anyone else catch the billboard still advertising ticket availability for the Frozen Four? Saw it as we were driving back to the hotel after last nights games.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                      Smallest crowd with relation to capacity I have ever seen. Top of balcony was empty in both ends. Center ice VIP seats also empty.. They need ton give priority seat holders better selection of seats. Best games in a number of years.
                      mookie is only a priority 6 and had decent lower bowl. not sure what else they can make available...
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I thought Xfinity live was awesome too. Great pre-game spot. Union fans mostly stayed in their own area at Victory Beer Hall, but the overall atmosphere was perfect.
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Best Sign: Fighting Whouix...

Comment

I had a great time with some Yale friends and about 300 Minnesota pals in the PBR bull riding bar at Xfinity live. If you have not seen the show there it is is worth checking out. I ended up paying an attendee $40 for a club level seat, about 15 minutes before the first game. If you can manage to get into that level, it is well worth the upgrade with a section bar and bartender, plus a waitress. $8 beers were not astronomical considering the prices at other northeast venues. Great hockey, great crowd and venue, what more could you ask for.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post

Knowing a few people in the Gopher's section, a lot of them stuck at XFinity Live until the Gophers did their red-carpet entrance, then they came in to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                The ridiculously large slice of Lorenzo & Sons pizza I had at the Wells Fargo Center was quite possibly the best pizza I've ever had, especially in an arena. And the chocolate ice cream? Awesome. Almost makes up for the insane people traffic jam on the concourse after the first game. God forbid there was an emergency or something.
                                I have to say, that pizza I had from L&Ss was not that great. Not sure if it was just the one I had or not. The sauce tasted like spaghetti-o's sauce, the crust was soggy, the cheese was Chuck-E-Cheese greasy. Yuck. The fries though at one of the stands were incredible.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X