Clear All

• Re: 2014 Frozen Four Info Thread

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    you from there originally?
    nope, i'm nawth shoar guy, Melrosian to be more specific

Comment

Originally posted by PuckLuck81 View Post
      The NCAA blew it scheduling this event the same weekend as The Masters. This is the most watched golf event on the calendar every year and where most of the viewing public will be tuning in on Thursday and Saturday. Why they don't schedule the Frozen Four on the same weekend as the men's basketball tourney is beyond me. Schedule the semi's on Friday night and the Championship game on Sunday afternoon. Make it an NCAA Championship weekend and capitalize on the basketball interest vs trying to run away from it!!! Trying to create a "hockey weekend" will never work because there is just not as much interest in Men's college hockey as there is in Men's college basketball or football. Embrace the NCAA basketball Final Four - don't hide from it!!!
      The Master's is no where near the competitive draw for the Frozen Four as the NCAA Basketball Tournament even between days.
      Used RCA television $60
      Monthly Cable bill $40
      Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
      P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

There will probably be a beer garden outside the arena that you can get to from inside the arena.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Got another TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE! email from the NCAA this morning for all sessions and individual games. Must be a real hot ticket lol

Comment

Hope that is the case as it was in Tampa, but there was no beer garden in Pittsburgh!

Comment

• Originally posted by BobF View Post
              Hope that is the case as it was in Tampa, but there was no beer garden in Pittsburgh!
              Can't believe I didn't know that about Tampa . I was really thirsty. Didn't know you could leave the arena to have a beer and get back in

Comment

Good news, the weather has finally perked up in the Philly area. It looks like close to 60 today with bright sunshine and and a warming trend through the week. I'm not an advocate of long-range forecasts but the trend looks good(mid-sixties) The region has finally started to green up.

Comment

Originally posted by hobeydog View Post
                  Good news, the weather has finally perked up in the Philly area. It looks like close to 60 today with bright sunshine and and a warming trend through the week. I'm not an advocate of long-range forecasts but the trend looks good(mid-sixties) The region has finally started to green up.
                  Good to hear. Sun sounds nice! BTW, it look like the Sioux pre-game gathering will be at the ballpark after all. And thanks for posting the local knowledge!
                  Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    Can't believe I didn't know that about Tampa . I was really thirsty. Didn't know you could leave the arena to have a beer and get back in
                    It was set-up just outside the arena, so you never left, as the area was roped off and there were two or three beer tents set-up. Would be nice if they did this everywhere just to get fresh air, though it was also a smoking area too, so fresh air was hard to find depending upon your vice!;-)

Comment

Possible transit strike in Philly, bring your walking shoes.

Comment

Arena holds 19,000+, about 1,000 more with standing room. I went to the Wf Arena website and tickets were available for all games
                        Doesn't the championship game usually sell out?
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                          And they don't serve alcohol at the event. Well, unless you pony up the dough for the VIP deal thing.
                          Fuck. That.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                            Not at all, it’s a natural evolution, with cataclysmic events in 2005 and 2010.

Looking at the history:

2000 (Providence), 2001 (Albany): last times FF was in a “small” rink. Tickets were hard to get, many folks who wanted tickets were unable to get them. There was a healthy, even lucrative secondary market. Scalpers saw FF tickets as a good investment. Fans of specific teams saw FF tickets as a no-risk purchase; if their team made it, they have a ticket; if their team didn’t make it, they could sell it at face price, or more. In fact it was risky not to buy tickets; if your team did make it, you either couldn’t get tickets or you’d pay a huge markup.

2002 (St. Paul), 2003 (Buffalo), 2004 (Boston): Good locations and teams kept demand fairly brisk. Some cracks in the armor appeared in Buffalo, where scalpers weren’t doing well. Tickets were available at face or below.

2005 (Columbus): Combination of so-so location and bad luck of having four distant teams from the same conference, a couple not having large traveling fan bases was disaster for the scalpers; premium seats at face or below. Some fans of specific teams got badly burned; they literally were not able to give their tickets away and had to eat them.

2006 (Milwaukee), 2007 (St. Louis), 2008 (Denver), 2009 (Washington): Nice locations, mix of teams. Milwaukee particularly benefited from success of Wisconsin, but scalpers weren’t investing as much and fans of specific teams who had gotten burned in Columbus no longer saw FF tickets as a no-risk purchase. In fact, they had discovered that if their team made it, they could probably get a ticket on the secondary market at a reasonable price.

2010 (Ford Field): Incredibly stupid decision by NCAA basically killed what was left of the secondary market. No reason whatsoever to buy a ticket ahead of time, except habit, and some long time attendees boycotted or attended and were turned off.

2011 (St. Paul), 2012 (Tampa), 2013 (Pittsburgh): Reasonably successful, but “lottery” started to look more like a “pre-sale”. Fewer investor/scalpers, very few fans of specific teams bought tickets as a hedge. Movement to tiered pricing eliminated one of the benefits (better seat at single price) of buying ahead of time.
                            Wait, what happened in 2010?
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Wait, what happened in 2010?
                              It was held at a football field with 3/4 of the stadium tarped off
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                It was held at a football field with 3/4 of the stadium tarped off
                                Oh, I thought it was some sort of ticket policy. Either way, it was Detroit. I think that's a mistake in and of itself.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X