Daniel Webster adding D-III varsity men's and women's hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Webster adding D-III varsity men's and women's hockey

Daniel Webster, located in Nashua, N.H. will be adding men's and women's hockey for the 2014-15 season and will be seeking ECAC affiliation in 2015-16.

So what makes sense for Daniel Webster...ECAC Northeast has eight teams already, ECAC East has 10, ECAC West has six...

What would make the MOST sense for all parties involved IMHO, would be asking Skidmore to move to the ECAC West (which is all NY and one PA team) so they have seven teams and can have an autobid.

Then add Daniel Webster into the ECAC East and you maintain your perfectly symetric leagues for travel partners etc.

Now, will Skidmore make the jump? They are already affiliated with Hobart in the Liberty League.

Discuss.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Daniel Webster adding D-III varsity men's and women's hockey

Best spelling team in DIII is all I got.
    If it stops the whining in the West, sure why not.

Comment

I'm assuming you're talking ECAC-W?

Glad to have one more. With them and Aurora in the next couple years, we're, what, about 3 teams or so from a 12-team tournament?
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Technically if they allow us to round up we would be one away...

75/6.5 = 11.538

If they make us get to 12 exactly we're still four more teams away.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Acording to Wikipedia, this is a for-profit school of about 600 students. I don't expect to see much from this athletic program, but that's okay... As long as they play, they inch us closer to 12 teams!
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
            Acording to Wikipedia, this is a for-profit school of about 600 students. I don't expect to see much from this athletic program, but that's okay... As long as they play, they inch us closer to 12 teams!
            25% of their students major as Air Traffic Controller - 7% as Sport and Fitness Administration/Management.

Founded as “New England Aeronautical Institute” in 1965, it is now part of ITT Educational Services.
            Last edited by norm1909; 02-26-2014, 08:07 PM.
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
              25% of their students major as Air Traffic Controller - 7% as Sport and Fitness Administration/Management.

Founded as “New England Aeronautical Institute” in 1965, it is now part of ITT Educational Services.
              It is right down the street from where my oldest son used to live. IIRC, they're right next to a small airport. But, which rent a rink would they use?

But they'd be a minnow in the ECAC - E shark tank. Better would be to put them in the -NE and promote a team out of the -NE into the -E. And, if Skidmore moves out, who partners with Castleton?

What about the deadline for the Saints to poop or get out of the ECAC-E?
              Last edited by joecct; 02-26-2014, 10:26 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Daniel Webster Eagles have reached the finals of the NECHA tournament four times in the past six seasons, winning its first championship in 2007. They play at the Conway Arena.

And a nod of the hat to cooperalls.
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  But they'd be a minnow in the ECAC - E shark tank. Better would be to put them in the -NE and promote a team out of the -NE into the -E. And, if Skidmore moves out, who partners with Castleton?
                  You mean like Lebanon Valley? How did that work out?
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

It is right down the street from where my oldest son used to live. IIRC, they're right next to a small airport. But, which rent a rink would they use?

What about the deadline for the Saints to poop or get out of the ECAC-E?
                    That was a "soft" deadline that ended before it even started. The deadline was stated either last year or the year before that they had 2 years to do such and then a year after that, they said "just kidding" you guys are fine.

Although, the deadline is no longer in play, I do believe both Saint Anselm and Saint Michael's have actively looked at dropping down to Division III....Might be all about just finding the right league to play in...
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      You mean like Lebanon Valley? How did that work out?
                      If Leb Valley had recruited properly they would not have been in dormat mode. They kept recruiting like they were still in the -NE which resulted in an Epic Fail.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If this is true, I can't imagine that money for recruiting, providing equipment, etc., should ever be a problem. Take a look at the building in the picture further down in the article.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101452976

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post

Believe it or not, I went there in 1969. It's located at the airport and your right about it being for Air Traffic Controllers. Used to be a 2 year school back then. While it was a very small school back then they did have soccer, basketball, and baseball teams that all played a full sch. When it was N.E. Aeronautical Institute they also had pilot tranning classes. It would be logical to have Skidmore join the west and D.W. take their place, which is why it probably won't happen. Interesting none the less.

Comment

If Leb Valley had recruited properly they would not have been in dormat mode. They kept recruiting like they were still in the -NE which resulted in an Epic Fail.
                            The point is they continued to operate like a NE school. Who's to say the next school forced to move out won't do the same?

The last thing we need to do is to LOSE schools because of forced realignment.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

It's a pretty easy solution. The ECAC West needs to hire folks from Neumann to recruit a team(s) to the ECAC West. We all know how well they recruited players. They can probably offer up some pretty good deals to schools like they did the players and have the NCAA just turn a blind eye again.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                              X