This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Final Game at Ritter/Playoffs <<<<<

Holy Cross has a pretty impotent offense, so if we play decent defensively as we have the last two weeks, I think we will be okay. Especially with Garbowsky back to bolster scoring.

However, I don't want a 3 game win streak to get us (as fans) overly confident, either. Holy Cross could just as easily win a game or the series..they were the better team on the season and also the better team vs RIT. Two and a half weeks ago several people expressed doubts that'd we'd see another RIT win all season...now we're talking playoff sweeps..

RIT has to play some of their best hockey of the season to move on.
    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      Pardon me for hijacking the RIT thread to talk about RIT instead of where a non-RIT player went.
      Agreed.

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      You're pardoned and I think you're right. It'd be great if they can close it out in two
      I will be happy if they win the series. # of games it takes is not a concern for me right now.

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      Rotolo goes as his defense goes. He made the saves he had to make these last three wins, but his defense never really left him out to dry, either, as they've done in the past. If they do that, he'll let in goals.
      This describes all but the elite goalies in the nation which Rotolo (at this time) certainly is not. And from a freshman in his first playoff games, if he stops the "one's he should" and maybe gets one or two that he shouldn't then really that is all that can be asked of him. The D will be the key to winning this series.

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
      Agreed.

Seeing how RIT is finally almost all healthy, this is a totally different team mentally and physically then when RIT played Holy Cross early this season. Also if you look at the stats, Holy Cross is 3-10-2 this year playing at home. This is demoralizing for them and great for a hot RIT team. Add 100 plus loud RIT fans in their barn. All these factors lead me to believe RIT takes it in two games.
      It's amazing what a three game winning streak can do for the outlook of the fans!

Certainly RIT is on the up swing and I hope they can win this series. But it will take more than beating a decent AF team and taking two from a mediocre and stumbling down the stretch Canisius team for me to get too excited about the prospects of getting by HC. If the D can stay tightened up, Garbo plays well, and they play hard for 60 minutes then they can win. Otherwise it will be more of the same that we have seen for most of the season.
      My Four Favorite teams:
      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
        RIT has to play some of their best hockey of the season to move on.
        Good thing that playing better hockey won't be hard to do seeing their performance all year long. haha
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
          Agreed.

Seeing how RIT is finally almost all healthy, this is a totally different team mentally and physically then when RIT played Holy Cross early this season. Also if you look at the stats, Holy Cross is 3-10-2 this year playing at home. This is demoralizing for them and great for a hot RIT team. Add 100 plus loud RIT fans in their barn. All these factors lead me to believe RIT takes it in two games.
          I called over for tickets to Saturday's game, they said there are plenty available so it may come down to just those 100 RIT fans there and a sprinkling of HC fans.
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            I called over for tickets to Saturday's game, they said there are plenty available so it may come down to just those 100 RIT fans there and a sprinkling of HC fans.
            I watched HC last week at Army. They are a good team, good offense, good defense, and a good goalie in Ginn who loves to handle the puck which as we know can be an asset or a momentum killer. Nobody stands out as the "go to" player however they play a solid game with no well defined weaknesses. That said, if RIT can match the intensity of last week and bring their "A" game, nobody will be surprised if RIT wins this series.

A couple of weeks back when RIT was at AF, I had time to watch a Union game on Time Warner Cable. It was between periods and a Union player was being interviewed about the teams success. What he said was interesting. He said the hardest thing about playing D1 college hockey was getting up for every game and that the success that Union has had can be attributed to the fact that the coaching staff has been able to successfully motivate that team night in and night out.

I thought about that and have to agree that this young man hit it on the head. Every team in the AHA has talent, and pretty similar talent at that. Sure some are a little better and some are a little worse and we see that in the ebb and flow of each teams performance in the standings each year. But as a coaching staff, if you can consistently motivate that talent, your team will believe that every night they step on the ice they have a chance to win regardless of who they are playing. I think that motivation helps explain why an AIC can beat a Quinnipiac or a Sacred Heart can beat a UMass-Lowell.

Here's hoping that the RIT coaches can motivate this talented group of RIT players into the next round of the AHA playoffs.
            Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 03-07-2014, 11:46 AM.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
              A couple of weeks back when RIT was at AF, I had time to watch a Union game on Time Warner Cable. It was between periods and a Union player was being interviewed about the teams success. What he said was interesting. He said the hardest thing about playing D1 college hockey was getting up for every game and that the success that Union has had can be attributed to the fact that the coaching staff has been able to successfully motivate that team night in and night out.
              This doesn't surprise me. Bennett is an excellent coach.
              My Four Favorite teams:
              RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
              Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

I don't recall this being posted before; apologies if it has:

RIT SportsZone segment featuring past RIT players, including Niagara Coach Dave Burkholder: http://youtu.be/gmIvtdtjSX8
                TIGERS HOCKEY
                Rochester Institute of Technology

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                  Pardon me for hijacking the RIT thread to talk about RIT instead of where a non-RIT player went. I have a feeling this weekend goes 3 games. RIT will need to step up the offense a bit. Holy Cross was the only team to come from behind to beat RIT this year. Rotolo has to be going in with confidence with 3 excellant efforts against pretty good teams. He will need to be on his game for the Tigers to pull off the minor upset. My X Factor for the Tigers is Garbowsky. It was good to see him out there, but now we need him to contribute on the scoresheet.
                  Komey, I wish you still predicted what was going to happen with the weekend to come.

I am actually excited about this one.
                  Prediction:

Friday
                  RIT 2-1 Holy Cross

Saturday
                  RIT 3-2 Holy Cross
                  R I T HOCKEY
                  Frozen Four
                  Elite Eight
                  NCAA Tournament
                  2010-2015-2016
                  RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Forgive me for putting up another loose connection to the RIT Men's Hockey team, but only a league run by Bob DeGregorio could have a goaltender of the year award winner who did not make either the first or second all star team. Anyone else see that? What a joke!
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Final Game at Ritter/Playoffs <<<<<

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                      I will be happy if they win the series. # of games it takes is not a concern for me right now.
                      Exactly. Who cares if it takes 2 or 3 to win it? Of course, it would be really great if the Tigers had two very serious wins tonight and tomorrow night.
                      RIT TIGERS
                      Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                      Frozen Four 2010
                      The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

My 2 cents, it's great that Garbowski, and his leadership, is back on the ice, but the presence of Adam Mitchell in front of the net is something that has been sorely missed. Nobody else seemed to fill that role in his absence. That line of AMitchell/Smith/Thompson was fun to watch. It bodes good things this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                          Forgive me for putting up another loose connection to the RIT Men's Hockey team, but only a league run by Bob DeGregorio could have a goaltender of the year award winner who did not make either the first or second all star team. Anyone else see that? What a joke!
                          Apparently GOTY is a statistical award, but surely she should have at least made second team. It's pretty bad when the third-place team in the league only has one player in the supposed top twelve.

Powers &8^]

Comment

There we go, one down, one to go!
                            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Great win for the TIGERS last night!

DO NOT FORGET TO CONGRATULATE RIT WOMEN!
                              R I T HOCKEY
                              Frozen Four
                              Elite Eight
                              NCAA Tournament
                              2010-2015-2016
                              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

That was a good effort. Rotolo made some HUGE saves to keep RIT in the game, which is something that has been missing most of the year. It's clearly a differant team than what we have seen a lot of the year. Hopefully they can finish off the Crusaders tonight and not have to worry about a deciding 3rd game where anything can happen.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X