Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    One RS game left, and Maine controls it's opportunity to gain home-ice..? That's much more than I would've hoped for in October.

Seen PC once this year, and that's a good team. If Maine wants to win tomorrow, they have to take away Gillies' eyes and hope to prevail 2-1. (He's right there with Ouelette in terms of his skill-set.) Bad penalties are not gonna fly and the D has to give Marty a fair shake, if that's going to happen.

That game will be a war. Wish I could see it.
    Umm...I think Gillies is at another level at his best when compared to Ouellette as PC fans doubt Gillies plays at PC after this season.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Umm...I think Gillies is at another level at his best when compared to Ouellette as PC fans doubt Gillies plays at PC after this season.
      Yeah Gillies was a far better tender last night and obviously has a bigger upside than Marty. The problem with Marty the last few games has been 0 defense. Everyone is allowed to skate into the crease with the puck whenever they feel like it. Its pathetic to watch.
      After last night look for Shore on a Milk Carton near you, Anthoine is right beside him. Please Red, take Anthoine and put him on 2nd or 3rd line and put Leen back with Shore. Also bring S Swavely back to 1st line also.
      Cam Brown looked good again last night but he isn't big enough or strong enough to make much happen after being a pest.

If Reds face gets any redder after a Rutt Penalty he will explode.

For a game that could have meant the season, the team didn't show up. Looks like they are back to last season status
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

You can thank UHN for extending our season 1 more game and giving them a second shot at redemption. Lets see if they play with the hand they're now dealt or if they fold it up and reach for the clubs.
        Last edited by all bear; 03-01-2014, 05:46 AM.
        sure why not

Comment

Though the stats say otherwise ???
          sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Well your gonna insist on playing your third pairing the most when one of them is known to have his blonde moments. Even so much as to play him on the power play. Let him take penalties, that are obvious to everyone, over and again. Refuse to call a timeout when necessary.

Sorry but for the first time this season I was not impressed with the coaching staff.

You have Schurhammer back in the line up. You have the pairing with the top plus minus on the team. You insist on playing Rutt's pairing despite two dumb penalties and then have his log power play time on top of it.

Something is fishy and it smells old.
            Which d pairing has the best +- over the last month? Which d pairing gave up a 2 on 1 and misplayed it into the fourth goal? Which d pairing gave up a goal in the first 30 seconds of the 2nd? After reading this I thought one player was the only one that received a penalty? Why is it when one player gets a penalty it's a "dumb penalty", whenever anyone else gets one it's a bad call? Do the refs only make bad calls against other players, but become extremely intelligent all of a sudden when assessing infractions against one particular Maine player?? As a side note, I guarantee that the coaching staff has forgotten more about hockey than you will ever know. It's fun to kibbitz, but sit back and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Post game conf with Red and Devin Shore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR21rzWPwd8

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                You can thank UNH ...
                You're welcome
                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                  Well, not the greatest result out there tonight, that's for sure. I know it's not cool to make excuses, but it did seem like tonight was one of those nights where a little more size might have came in handy against the strong defensive coverage Providence had going tonight. It just seemed like they were out muscled out there and weren't able to get the quality chances that it takes to win a hockey game. Despite out shooting them I really don't think that Gillies was really all that tested. And, of course, the Pep Band sounded great, as always.
                  Maine does not match up well with Providence at all, end of. I hope whatever happens tonight Maine isn't matched up with them in the quarters. Some people might think I'm crazy but I wouldn't mind finishing sixth and playing Northeastern in the quarters. If that doesn't happen I would like to see Maine finish fourth and play UNH in the quarters. What an exciting weekend of hockey that is going to be, even the 1-8 and 2-7 series are going to be absolute wars.

I have no inside info on this but I would bet some of the Maine dmen are carrying some fairly serious knocks. They have looked completely out of sorts the last couple weekends.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Hockey East refs should only accept half of whatever they're paid, because of the half azzed job they do. And what about that debacle at the end of game. No idea where to drop puck. Original call of high stick to Maine, then 5 min. major assessed to PC. Maybe a center ice faceoff, but I question the Maine zone faceoff.
                    Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    Wow, I watched that shift and I didn't see O'Connor with a hold.

I think the officiating is one sided. And it usually takes a lot for me to say that. Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                      Hockey East refs should only accept half of whatever they're paid, because of the half azzed job they do. And what about that debacle at the end of game. No idea where to drop puck. Original call of high stick to Maine, then 5 min. major assessed to PC. Maybe a center ice faceoff, but I question the Maine zone faceoff.
                      The officiating always has been and always will be inconsistent. Some kids are just better at getting away with stuff, the officials seem to want to make an example out of others. I've lamented this fact for a long time and wish that the refs had less impact on the outcome of games. For some reason I thought that the better the hockey, the better the officiating should be; but I see the same inconsistency and egos playing out in HE as in PW hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                        Both Millea's are locals to Providence...the linesman is a big time defense attorney and the ref is a firefighter in Pawtucket

Comment

IMO Red waited to long to reunite Shore, S. Swavely & Leen. They seem to be the best fit for 1st PP unit. And keep them together as a regular line.
                          Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Yeah Gillies was a far better tender last night and obviously has a bigger upside than Marty. The problem with Marty the last few games has been 0 defense. Everyone is allowed to skate into the crease with the puck whenever they feel like it. Its pathetic to watch.
                          After last night look for Shore on a Milk Carton near you, Anthoine is right beside him. Please Red, take Anthoine and put him on 2nd or 3rd line and put Leen back with Shore. Also bring S Swavely back to 1st line also.
                          Cam Brown looked good again last night but he isn't big enough or strong enough to make much happen after being a pest.

For a game that could have meant the season, the team didn't show up. Looks like they are back to last season status

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            One RS game left, and Maine controls it's opportunity to gain home-ice..? That's much more than I would've hoped for in October.

Seen PC once this year, and that's a good team. If Maine wants to win tomorrow, they have to take away Gillies' eyes and hope to prevail 2-1. (He's right there with Ouelette in terms of his skill-set.) Bad penalties are not gonna fly and the D has to give Marty a fair shake, if that's going to happen.

That game will be a war. Wish I could see it.
                            This will be the 4th game in which they could seal the deal and they can't seem to do it. They've exceed expectations but they're pizzing away all their efforts. It's great to say they are way ahead of schedule but chit you've got the opportunity....take it.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

This is the same reason Gillies numbers are so poor this year...bad defense plus everyone thinks he is injured.

Comment

Both Millea's are locals to Providence...the linesman is a big time defense attorney and the ref is a firefighter in Pawtucket
                                Wow... And Jean Yves-Roy is prohibited from officiating at Maine? What's the difference there? I was at the game last night and didn't see the hold on O'Conner either, but I have to think it was one of those calls where you wonder why they called that and failed to call some other ones right in front of them. There was a trip that happened that took place right in front of an official where a Providence guy just got his stick caught up in a Maine player's skates and he fell. The Maine player obviously got tripped up, and it wasn't an embellishment, and yet that wasn't called. I know that it all comes down to discretion, but it's hard not to think there was a bias involved too. Maine didn't put the effort in that they needed to to win, but it's dejecting to think that the officials aren't calling it both ways consistently.

Comment

Working...
                                X