Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Backing into home ice for the playoffs with NU and UNH losing their games

Comment

How many at the game tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
        How many at the game tonight?
        Well, just a couple fries short of a happy meal... if you listened to Larry all night like I did.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
          I'm following this on HEOnline from 3500 miles away in Europe on a biz trip. I'm pretty surprised and really disappointed that Red didn't have this team tuned up and revved up for this tonight. Inconsistent with much of the season not to show up tonight.
          They haven't played near as consistently or as well this second half of the season as in the first half. Of course, the schedule was tougher. But yeah, maybe the Notre Dame weekend did kill whatever confidence, burgeoning ability, and overall positive attitude this team had. Just got into their heads and they haven't managed to shake it.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
            Backing into home ice for the playoffs with NU and UNH losing their games
            They're gonna have to do some serious backing at this rate with bc, pc, nu and uml ahead of them, in fact they might want to try one of them forward type gears. . Give PC credit, they played a great game. I can't see Maine beating them tomorrow night either. Fork in 'em., they didn't get it done as sad as it is
            Last edited by all bear; 02-28-2014, 08:37 PM.
            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
              yep... if things hold the way they are in HE, it'll be fun tomorrow

BU 3 - NU 0
              MC 2 - UNH 0
              UVM 0 - UML 0
              Of course it's be more fun if we came back and won this game.

Comment

PC gets home ice with a tie tomorrow night...crazy
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Feeling your pain. At least your boys lost to a competent opponent.

Across the board, northern new England a no-show today. OK, Vermont put up a fight.
                  Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                    They're gonna have to do some serious backing at this rate with bc, pc, nu and uml ahead of them, in fact they might want to try one of them forward type gears. . Give PC credit, they played a great game. I can't see Maine beating them tomorrow night either. Fork in 'em., they didn't get it done as sad as it is
                    Does a win tomorrow not guarantee home ice?

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      Well your gonna insist on playing your third pairing the most when one of them is known to have his blonde moments. Even so much as to play him on the power play. Let him take penalties, that are obvious to everyone, over and again. Refuse to call a timeout when necessary.

Sorry but for the first time this season I was not impressed with the coaching staff.

You have Schurhammer back in the line up. You have the pairing with the top plus minus on the team. You insist on playing Rutt's pairing despite two dumb penalties and then have his log power play time on top of it.

Something is fishy and it smells old.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                        They get home ice with a win
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                          It does, but they'll have to be a bit better...

Comment

That was gross. No excuses. They are now in a 1 and done scenario. Get home ice or play golf.

Comment

Well, not the greatest result out there tonight, that's for sure. I know it's not cool to make excuses, but it did seem like tonight was one of those nights where a little more size might have came in handy against the strong defensive coverage Providence had going tonight. It just seemed like they were out muscled out there and weren't able to get the quality chances that it takes to win a hockey game. Despite out shooting them I really don't think that Gillies was really all that tested. And, of course, the Pep Band sounded great, as always.

Comment

One RS game left, and Maine controls it's opportunity to gain home-ice..? That's much more than I would've hoped for in October.

Seen PC once this year, and that's a good team. If Maine wants to win tomorrow, they have to take away Gillies' eyes and hope to prevail 2-1. (He's right there with Ouelette in terms of his skill-set.) Bad penalties are not gonna fly and the D has to give Marty a fair shake, if that's going to happen.

That game will be a war. Wish I could see it.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-01-2014, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X