Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Looks like UAA is coming in, per their schedule:

Fri, Oct 24 Maine at Orono, Maine 3:07 p.m.
    Sat, Oct 25 Maine at Orono, Maine 3:07 p.m.
    The times are Alaska time, which is four hours behind Eastern time.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      Sure.......as long as they are not Hockey East games.
      No matter what Conference there in,playing Quinnipiac @ Maine and @ Quinnipiac every other year would not be a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        No matter what Conference there in,playing Quinnipiac @ Maine and @ Quinnipiac every other year would not be a bad idea.
        I would assume the Union deal is a home-and-home so Union will be in Orono in 2015-16. Quinnipiac will have to wait.

Maine will be in Alaska Oct 10-11 and host Anchorage 24-25 so 17-18 would be a fine time for the pair @Union.

If Maine plays 18 home games (and they should) that leaves 5 open dates to fill. The road slate is full.

Comment

Providence is kicking azz.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Providence is kicking azz.
            YES they are...playing in your face hockey...blocking shots and winning all the puck battles,and Gillies is solid...2 goal lead would be hard to overcome the way Gillies is playing but with a 4 goal lead there's a lot of worry for the Q to over come going into the 3rd period.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA
              so who has more to prove, Nate's boys who were "deserted" after a year or two, or Nate, after "deserting" Union?

when was the last time a head coach faced his former players in the NCAA tournament?
              Well who knows..? Maybe you could give the 1st hand insight on tomorrows matchup between Union/PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                I would assume the Union deal is a home-and-home so Union will be in Orono in 2015-16. Quinnipiac will have to wait.

Maine will be in Alaska Oct 10-11 and host Anchorage 24-25 so 17-18 would be a fine time for the pair @Union.

If Maine plays 18 home games (and they should) that leaves 5 open dates to fill. The road slate is full.
                Probably a fair bet that an AHA team will be in for a 1-off.

So, two series left to schedule, plus exhibitions.

Comment

How come Harvard and Yale are never in the cards? Easy travel, not AHA doormats.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                    How come Harvard and Yale are never in the cards? Easy travel, not AHA doormats.
                    Brown and Dartmouth would be good options as well.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                      Shawn once said he couldn't get Harvard to come to Orono and I don't think they ever have. He never said why but surly they must have had their reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                        Shawn once said he couldn't get Harvard to come to Orono and I don't think they ever have. He never said why but surly they must have had their reasons.
                        Because Danato disliked Walsh for comments he made when Harvard was in the Championships years ago.

Comment

This had been nagging in my head for a little bit so I decided to look into it. Remember how Blaine Byron started off the season, and it looked like he was gonna be a big scorer on this team? yes, i know he's only a freshman, and he's got a lot of developing to do, so I'm not saying this disparagingly, or to put any pressure on the guy.

But after the new year, he had only 2 goals and 3 assists the rest of the season. This coincides with the injury he took in the Florida tourney, so I'm thinking he played with some sort of nagging injury for the rest of the season, which slowed him down greatly.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            This had been nagging in my head for a little bit so I decided to look into it. Remember how Blaine Byron started off the season, and it looked like he was gonna be a big scorer on this team? yes, i know he's only a freshman, and he's got a lot of developing to do, so I'm not saying this disparagingly, or to put any pressure on the guy.

But after the new year, he had only 2 goals and 3 assists the rest of the season. This coincides with the injury he took in the Florida tourney, so I'm thinking he played with some sort of nagging injury for the rest of the season, which slowed him down greatly.
                            He wasn't the same player after the layoff from that injury...plus he was not together a lot afterwards with Morgan & Brown...could be he was still hurting and played thru it...I see a lot of positives from him come next season...and I would expect that the Staff expects him to come thru also and there should be no reason why he can't be like the 1st half of this last season.

Comment

The reason the Ivies don't come to Orono is the lack of scheduling opportunities. Remember that the Ivies only play 29 games (instead of 34) and don't start play until after most D-I teams have already played their NC games in October. Harvard has even less of a schedule because they have the Crockpot and annual games with BU and BC aside from the Crockpot. That leaves them with only three NC games. Looking at the schedules of the Ivies, they prefer to play local teams in HEA and AHA in single games and rarely play 2-game series. Colgate might be the best bet to get a home-and-home series.

Maine should be trying to get Colorado College and Penn State/Michigan State in for weekends this fall. They would be good draws at the gate AND they are teams that were at or near the bottom of their conferences, which means they would be good additions for Maine's RPI (54% of which is made up of oppoppwin%).

Comment

The reason the Ivies don't come to Orono is the lack of scheduling opportunities. Remember that the Ivies only play 29 games (instead of 34) and don't start play until after most D-I teams have already played their NC games in October. Harvard has even less of a schedule because they have the Crockpot and annual games with BU and BC aside from the Crockpot. That leaves them with only three NC games. Looking at the schedules of the Ivies, they prefer to play local teams in HEA and AHA in single games and rarely play 2-game series. Colgate might be the best bet to get a home-and-home series.

Maine should be trying to get Colorado College and Penn State/Michigan State in for weekends this fall. They would be good draws at the gate AND they are teams that were at or near the bottom of their conferences, which means they would be good additions for Maine's RPI (54% of which is made up of oppoppwin%).
                                Trust me,Donato has NO love lost for Maine.

Comment

Working...
                                X