Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Has anyone heard of Badger or Musil not coming? Larry's article doesn't mention either of them on next year's team.
    i thought that was interesting as well...

i checked on musil's twitter and both of their elitehockeyprospects pages and there's nothing that indicates they aren't coming.

at first i thought the point might have been about adding size, but he mentions pecararo too...wonder what changed?

in any event bringing in those two players would have caused a lot of healthy scratches, and it's likely that gendron wants to have the classes balanced a little bit more...
    Last edited by umainesuperfan; 03-19-2014, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA
      gosh, when you put it like that, I have to wonder whether the players even know that you are a fan

I try to get to every away game, and every home game. Showing support at away arenas is one of the draws for Maine hockey.

Getting to too many away arenas in a season is simply not possible, and I have to say, that getting to Indiana in the winter is never going to be a goal of mine, but I would go, when possible, to support the Bears.

I hope that at least you send a card to your favorite players and let them know that you were cheering them on from your couch, while watching in HD
      So you are bashing me for not flying to South Bend to see them play? I think that I'll wait until the Irish come to Orono next season.

Comment

but YOU don't go to the games in Indiana, you watch on HD.

There is no reason why Maine cannot add a few out of conference games against ND, DU, CC and anyone else, but why would we want a league opponent to be located so far away? there is nothign wrong with the conference BEING provencial. (also why would ND want its playoffs to be in Boston? rather than somewhere much closer to home?)
        OK........... Do you have a point that you are trying to make???

As far as Notre Dame goes..........they get to play in front of a ton of alumni in the Northeast multiple times during the season. They know that Hockey East is "big time" with the championship always being played at the Garden in Boston. You don't think that they traveled in the CCHA??? They had to play in some pretty po-dunk places and still had to fly to many of their conference opponents. They could not join the Big Ten unless they joined for all sports. Any other questions?

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          You do realize the $$$ and commitment that Notre Dame has made to hockey, right? Jeff Jackson, Compton Arena........I could care less about their football program. The only program that matters is the one that plays Maine and right now they are kicking our *ss (and BC's as well )
          Good for them. Quinnipiac has Rand Pecknold and their own TD Bank arena. I wasn't saying add Quinnipiac, I was saying there was nothing Notre Dame brings that Quinnipiac doesn't, except a longer flight, a further unbalanced schedule, and no fans at the Garden. Heck, QPac even buys time on NESN for its games, a channel that many more Maine households get as compared to NBCSN.

There was nothing wrong with 10 team hockey east. Here's a dirty secret about all the realignment to get eyeballs on the product and new tv markets for conferences that has been going on in college sports: the same number of people are watching as did before.

There was no need to spread out to Indiana. It cost Maine valuable home games against decent teams. BC and BU mean something to Maine fans. Notre Dame doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
            Good for them. Quinnipiac has Rand Pecknold and their own TD Bank arena. I wasn't saying add Quinnipiac, I was saying there was nothing Notre Dame brings that Quinnipiac doesn't, except a longer flight, a further unbalanced schedule, and no fans at the Garden. Heck, QPac even buys time on NESN for its games, a channel that many more Maine households get as compared to NBCSN.

There was nothing wrong with 10 team hockey east. Here's a dirty secret about all the realignment to get eyeballs on the product and new tv markets for conferences that has been going on in college sports: the same number of people are watching as did before.

There was no need to spread out to Indiana. It cost Maine valuable home games against decent teams. BC and BU mean something to Maine fans. Notre Dame doesn't.
            LOL.......you keep banging that drum. You own stock in QU or what?

And by the way........most Maine households get both NESN and NBCSN.........and what about recruits and Maine fans across the rest of the country? Which network do you think they get?

Anyone that thinks that QU brings as much to the table as Notre Dame is a bit delusional. I'd love to see QU at Alfond next season.......then we could compare which opponent draws better, the Irish...or ???? (sorry forgot their nickname )

Comment

Notre Dame is a national brand in college sports (including hockey). They not only enhance their own program by joining Hockey East, but they also add even more prestige to the other league teams. Notre Dame recognizes this and they have a natural rival in another Jesuit school (BC). A premiere league like Hockey East with Notre Dame as a member, will continue to draw the best talent to all teams in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Notre Dame is a national brand in college sports (including hockey). They not only enhance their own program by joining Hockey East, but they also add even more prestige to the other league teams. Notre Dame recognizes this and they have a natural rival in another Jesuit school (BC). A premiere league like Hockey East with Notre Dame as a member, will continue to draw the best talent to all teams in the league.
                But not like Quinnipiac could........LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  LOL.......you keep banging that drum. You own stock in QU or what?

And by the way........most Maine households get both NESN and NBCSN.........and what about recruits and Maine fans across the rest of the country? Which network do you think they get?

Anyone that thinks that QU brings as much to the table as Notre Dame is a bit delusional. I'd love to see QU at Alfond next season.......then we could compare which opponent draws better, the Irish...or ???? (sorry forgot their nickname )
                  NESN? Or TSN, frankly.

My argument isn't that Quinnipiac should be in the league. My argument is that neither bring enough to the table to warrant having to create a horrible league schedule and make it so that every team doesn't visit every other team in a given year.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                    NESN? Or TSN, frankly.

My argument isn't that Quinnipiac should be in the league. My argument is that neither bring enough to the table to warrant having to create a horrible league schedule and make it so that every team doesn't visit every other team in a given year.
                    Well thankfully you are not in charge of the league.

Comment

did USCHO allow J.D. to pretend to have a Maine-fan screen name?

you might want to learn to follow along with the grown ups.

how many of the ton of alumni of which you speak, showed up at any Hockey East EAST rink this past season?
                      alumni, not fans like me, who like college hockey.
                      I don't know........I didn't go to Notre Dame away games, interview fans to see if they rooted for the Irish, and take head counts.

Anyway.......Irish are here to stay unless they eventually go to the Big Ten and I am happy about that. Sorry Quinnipiac fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Third kudo; you hit that one out of the park.

ND was a short-sighted inclusion for HE in the first place, considering the travel headaches and the future flight-risk. (And yes, even my fellow old-guys who are long-time ND fans don't give a s**t about its hockey program.)

The Q is already a better program than ND, and both it and UConn are right where they need to be in a geographical sense.... Who wants to go to Indiana, anyway, FCS?
                        What does the Football Championship Series have to do with any of this?
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

did USCHO allow J.D. to pretend to have a Maine-fan screen name?

you might want to learn to follow along with the grown ups.

how many of the ton of alumni of which you speak, showed up at any Hockey East EAST rink this past season?
                          alumni, not fans like me, who like college hockey.
                          Perhaps you'd like to start acting like one.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

So where did these two dolts come from ? Go home wherever Ta phk that may be
                            sure why not

Comment

Well maybe "IF" both Quinnipiac and Notre Dame can make the NCAA's they could be matched up and give us more to gab about. Good or Bad.

Comment

Personally I like having another team around such as ND who, like Maine, enjoy kickin BC's arse. . How about that Jeff Jackson ?
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X