Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Their only 3 wins in their final 9 games came against the worst team in Hoc East. With or without "His" players whom he was 15-10 with at one point, the finish is unacceptable and Red will be the first to say so. I don't care who they played.

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
      Their only 3 wins in their final 9 games came against the worst team in Hoc East. With or without "His" players whom he was 15-10 with at one point, the finish is unacceptable and Red will be the first to say so. I don't care who they played.
      Now, let's get some talent, like we used to have.

Comment

Took 3 points from Lowell, beat BC, split with likely/possible NCAA teams UNH and Notre Dame. If anything the schedule looks better now with Vermont in the position they're in. I'm not buying they looked better than are because of the schedule.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Outshooting PC 12-1 in the third at the moment. Gilles is the difference in the series.

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Get close to the 5 minute mark you gotta pull the goalie. Take advantage of tv timeout. Gotta put fresh legs on right now with one intent, go at the goal hard.

C'mon Maine!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              Took 3 points from Lowell, beat BC, split with likely/possible NCAA teams UNH and Notre Dame. If anything the schedule looks better now with Vermont in the position they're in. I'm not buying they looked better than are because of the schedule.
              Come on. The BC and UML wins were in November. UHN sucks and yes they split with ND. I guess the point isn't proven either way. However the OOC schedule.......

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                OK, third period down by 3. Gotta rattle the goalie. Run it Lomberg, or whoever. Sorry but if you aren't cheating you are not trying. Gotta crash and try to rattle that goalie.

Sounds like a fan fight now. Hopefully the Mainuhs won some sort of a battle tonight.
                The fight was a mismatch. Some creep was cursing out our players as they came off after 2. A little kid was down there in a Maine jersey to give high fives to the guys, heard what this guy was saying and burst into tears. The guy, sensing weakness from a 5 year old, starting cursing the kid. Naturally rink security and Providence's finest did nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  The fight was a mismatch. Some creep was cursing out our players as they came off after 2. A little kid was down there in a Maine jersey to give high fives to the guys, heard what this guy was saying and burst into tears. The guy, sensing weakness from a 5 year old, starting cursing the kid. Naturally rink security and Providence's finest did nothing.
                  That is just awful. Well maybe when Maine head coach hears of this, that little kid can get to meet the players and have a good time meeting his idles. That fan must feel like a real winner.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                    Come on. The BC and UML wins were in November. UHN sucks and yes they split with ND. I guess the point isn't proven either way. However the OOC schedule.......
                    Yeah November, the point was made that the team looked better than they really are because they beat some creampuffs early on. Creampuffs people are picking for the Frozen Four.

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Congrats to PC on the win. Great season and go do some damage in the HE semifinals. You got a great team.

For the Black Bears, solid season. Didn't end as we all wanted. But, great play, and great moments throughout the season.

For my fellow fans, understand it is rebuilding and it is best to not sheeaat on things. Positive thoughts only please.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        Congrats to PC on the win. Great season and go do some damage in the HE semifinals. You got a great team.

For the Black Bears, solid season. Didn't end as we all wanted. But, great play, and great moments throughout the season.

For my fellow fans, understand it is rebuilding and it is best to not sheeaat on things. Positive thoughts only please.
                        Some very good positives for me is... we have a very young team. And despite what people think about goaltending losses we should be much stronger next season.

Now onto other sports, Maine baseball won big!

And onto the football free agents news:

Patriots signed Revis.
                        Patriots signed Browner.
                        Patriots resign Edelman.

Sign Blount now and some decent spot fills. Draft a solid nose tackle first pick and trade up for a stud TE second pick and maybe the Pats have what it takes???? You tell me...

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          Yeah November, the point was made that the team looked better than they really are because they beat some creampuffs early on. Creampuffs people are picking for the Frozen Four.
                          OK. I'm not going to get in a fight with you. We're both long time posters. And yes I'm pizzed too. They blew the season. But none of us expected they'd be in the position they were in before the Northeastern series, sitting 11 in the PWR and a coast into the NCAA's with a couple wins. So everyone got their hopes up and they got dashed. It sucks. It was a rollercoaster ride. Nobody on this board wants Maine to get back to the glory days more than me. But it's progress and some pride has returned. Another lesson in patients. I think we'll get back.

Comment

That was a gong show by Maine...real classy job by Red gooning it up!
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

It's fun having you guys in the rink. Better luck next year!

(PS. Alternator?!?! )

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I posted on Facebook earlier tonight asking if I had said last September that with two weeks left Maine would be in the running for home ice and an NCAA tournament berth, would you take it?
                                This is a disappointment only because the players overachieved early in the season. In retrospect the team could have accomplished more, but this was a very positive year for Maine Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X