Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
    I go with Sully tomorrow night. Not that Ouellette was the problem tonight, but he obviously hasn't been good on Saturday nights and Sully has won 3 times the playoff games he has.
    completely agree

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
      I noticed this also, very unprofessional on Hansen's part. No way the ref should be talking to the goalie during play. It looked like he was warning him for the water bottle falling off the top of the net, and then the puck's in the net.....
      Hansen put the water bottle back on the net just before PC scored the first goal, don't think he was taking to Marty until after the goal. You can clearly see him pick up the bottle and place it on the net before the goal. Maybe, Maine should have tied their water bottle to the net like most teams do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_KxG1uarUI
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
        PC was better in the first and a more crisp team overall but they're not worlds better than Maine. Not beat them 4 in a row in games that matter better. To go out that way would be very disappointing and frustrating.
        I've only seen PC once this year (vs. The Q), but I do consider them to be a contender for the FF just on the basis of that one game... The Friars don't score much, but they can skate, and their back-end is extremely solid.

As Priceless said some days ago, tonight's game was crucial for Maine, and that didn't happen for the Bears. I'd be surprised to see this series go three, and absolutely astounded if Maine advances.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          I've only seen PC once this year (vs. The Q), but I do consider them to be a contender for the FF just on the basis of that one game... The Friars don't score much, but they can skate, and their back-end is extremely solid.

As Priceless said some days ago, tonight's game was crucial for Maine, and that didn't happen for the Bears. I'd be surprised to see this series go three, and absolutely astounded if Maine advances.
          I hope you are wrong about that! I have enjoyed watching quite a few Black Bears games on cable TV this season!
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            Ouelette was fine tonight...wasn't on him this loss. The reason Maine lost was the fact they were not ready to play when they got off the bus.
            Correct, Maine stunk in the 1st period, they played much better in 2nd and 3rd. I thought Marty was the difference between a 2 goal lead in the 1st and a 5 goal lead. PC just walked in on him like they did in Orono. I doubt Red goes with Sully but we'll see. I think the team would protect him better but not sure it matters at this point.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

At this point I think you have to come back with Marty and give him a chance to win one . Only way I would have played Sully tonight would have been a Maine win last night. Maine has got to grab a lead in this one tonight by coming out with intensity then buzzing PC the entire night without letup. Its the only formula for beating a bigger and stronger opponent that plays lights out defensively.
              Last edited by all bear; 03-15-2014, 06:42 AM.
              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I do agree that Providence is a well put together team and is capable of winning when they need to. But, I do think that Maine has made them look better than they really are. I don't think it's just that Maine doesn't match up well against their style of play, it seems to be somewhat psychological for Maine when it comes to games that mean something. It was back to "gripping the sticks too tight" and not making good passes or smart decisions with the puck. I've seen Maine play much better hockey this year and I know they're capable of much better play than what they've showed the last three games against Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                  I do agree that Providence is a well put together team and is capable of winning when they need to. But, I do think that Maine has made them look better than they really are. I don't think it's just that Maine doesn't match up well against their style of play, it seems to be somewhat psychological for Maine when it comes to games that mean something. It was back to "gripping the sticks too tight" and not making good passes or smart decisions with the puck. I've seen Maine play much better hockey this year and I know they're capable of much better play than what they've showed the last three games against Providence.
                  PC takes Maine out of their game,they don't allow Maine to skate and they make going over their Blueline impossible...plus they make a little to no miscues in their own end and of course Gillies is solid...Maine can beat them but they need to be able to skate and that has not happened a whole lot in the 3 games they've played PC this season.

Comment

Recap of the game at Maine Hockey Journal

http://mainehockeyjournal.com/?p=20688
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Last night I was following the game on Twitter. Saw several people post (including Larry) that Devin was not on the bench at the end of the first or when the second started. This morning no one has reported on his status! Did he return to the game last night? Would seem to be a pretty big story were Maine to lose Shore, and today radio silence. Very confused that I have read nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                        Last night I was following the game on Twitter. Saw several people post (including Larry) that Devin was not on the bench at the end of the first or when the second started. This morning no one has reported on his status! Did he return to the game last night? Would seem to be a pretty big story were Maine to lose Shore, and today radio silence. Very confused that I have read nothing?
                        Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                        Shore is back out there in the second
                        as my wife would tell me, "did you look with your eyes open?"

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                          At this point I think you have to come back with Marty and give him a chance to win one . Only way I would have played Sully tonight would have been a Maine win last night. Maine has got to grab a lead in this one tonight by coming out with intensity then buzzing PC the entire night without letup. Its the only formula for beating a bigger and stronger opponent that plays lights out defensively.
                          The only way Sully should play tonight is if Marty were injured. As I watched last night's game it appeared Marty may have been partially screened by his own D on two of the goals.

Comment

According to an article I read, Red said Devin had to use the bathroom while Shore said he had an equipment issue.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Bob,

It's tough to report on his status when Red makes a joke about him using bathroom and Devin jokes about equipment issue. Gendron has said multiple times he won't comment on injuries so unless someone gets some inside info, it's tough to accurately report on injuries unless it's an obvious one suffered on ice.
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                                Bob,

It's tough to report on his status when Red makes a joke about him using bathroom and Devin jokes about equipment issue. Gendron has said multiple times he won't comment on injuries so unless someone gets some inside info, it's tough to accurately report on injuries unless it's an obvious one suffered on ice.
                                I thought I saw shore holding his throat getting off ice very slowly. My guess he took a stick to the throat
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X