Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

The press release:

ORONO, Maine (March 13, 2014) – Black Bear hockey fans in Bangor will have the distinct opportunity to watch two games in the Hockey East Quarterfinal Series due to a unique arrangement granted by Hockey East, Providence College and Cox Sports New England, as announced today by University of Maine Athletics and its multimedia rights partner, Learfield Sports.

Special clearance to carry the games locally has been provided to UMaine's television partner, Rockfleet Broadcasting III LLC / Bangor Communications LLC, by Cox Sports New England and the Black Bears' opponent, Providence College. Fans will be able to watch this Friday's game on WFVX FOX 22 and Saturday's game on WVII ABC 7. Both games are scheduled for 7 p.m. ET.

"We're extremely pleased to gain access to these two games and grateful to Hockey East, Providence College and Cox Sports New England for making it permissible, bringing the best of Maine hockey to fans in the Bangor viewing area," said University of Maine's Director of Athletics Karlton Creech. "We also thank our television partner, WVII ABC 7 & and Fox 22, for their continued strong support of the Black Bears and willingness to adjust their programming schedule so we can broadcast the Black Bears locally."

In addition to the TV broadcasts, Black Bear fans can catch the Hockey East Quarterfinal Series' game action and related programming via the Black Bear Radio Network. In the event of a Sunday game, fans are encouraged to check with Hockey East (www.hockeyeastonline.com) for local listings and availability.

Comment

All this talk about momma's 5-hole is making me a little queasy.

Now, Miranda Kerr's 5-hole.............................................. ..
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        So nothing for us southron fans?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          So nothing for us southron fans?
          Yes. Get off your butt and get on the bus tomorrow.

Join the collection of Maine fans bombing WPME and WMTW's twitter and Facebook asking them to carry the games. My suggestion is WPME (35) since they have no network programming to preempt and are running two old episodes of Monk.
          Last edited by Priceless; 03-13-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Join the collection of Maine fans bombing WPME and WMTW's twitter and Facebook asking them to carry the games. My suggestion is WPME (35) since they have no network programming to preempt and are running two old episodes of Monk.
            So they've just given up anyway.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

With the vast amount of alumni, not to mention the population distribution of the State located in southern Maine why should it take bombing via facebook and twitter to figure it out. Absolutely ridiculous. Yea, congratulations Karlton. 10% of the State will be able to watch. I'm pizzed! If for not other commitments this weekend we'd go to the games but come on....***

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                So they've just given up anyway.
                No. They didn't even consider it or try in the first place. It's the fact that the athletic dept doesn't realize that more people care about UMaine sports than the population located within the 50 mile radius of Orono. It is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                  No. They didn't even consider it or try in the first place. It's the fact that the athletic dept doesn't realize that more people care about UMaine sports than the population located within the 50 mile radius of Orono. It is absurd.
                  With the vast amount of alumni, not to mention the population distribution of the State located in southern Maine why should it take bombing via facebook and twitter to figure it out. Absolutely ridiculous. Yea, congratulations Karlton. 10% of the State will be able to watch. I'm pizzed! If for not other commitments this weekend we'd go to the games but come on....***
                  You don't know that. They may have asked and Providence, Cox or Hockey East said no. They may have thought that if they pushed their luck and brought it up one of those entities might have called off the whole deal. No, I don't know that, just like you don't know the opposite. However, it does behoove Cox to make the population center, and all those Maine alumni, shell out the $7.95 both nights rather than allow people to watch it for free.

Comment

You don't know that. They may have asked and Providence, Cox or Hockey East said no. They may have thought that if they pushed their luck and brought it up one of those entities might have called off the whole deal. No, I don't know that, just like you don't know the opposite. However, it does behoove Cox to make the population center, and all those Maine alumni, shell out the $7.95 both nights rather than allow people to watch it for free.
                    I'm not blaming you my friend. Just venting my frustration and you are right, neither of us knows the business logistics behind the deal. But it sucks at the end of the day. And if they ran the numbers I think they'd find that people aren't going to put the effort in to pay the $7.95 as opposed to turning on the TV. And TV produces advertising revenue etc. I'm not a rocket scientist but clearly the "ones in charge" aren't either.

Comment

I'm not blaming you my friend. Just venting my frustration and you are right, neither of us knows the business logistics behind the deal. But it sucks at the end of the day. And if they ran the numbers I think they'd find that people aren't going to put the effort in to pay the $7.95 as opposed to turning on the TV. And TV produces advertising revenue etc. I'm not a rocket scientist but clearly the "ones in charge" aren't either.
                      I would agree that TPTB don't have a clue. I wonder if anyone at the university considered having a watch party in the Portland area...

Comment

I would agree that TPTB don't have a clue. I wonder if anyone at the university considered having a watch party in the Portland area...
                        See now you're thinking. Cause that would be a huge hit. And the establishment that hosted that would be packed Fri Sat & sun if necs, but nope there is no marketing forethought in Orono. Jeezus maybe you or I should apply!!

Comment

See now you're thinking. Cause that would be a huge hit. And the establishment that hosted that would be packed Fri Sat & sun if necs, but nope there is no marketing forethought in Orono. Jeezus maybe you or I should apply!!
                          Doesn't former Maine hockey player Jeff Libby own a sportsbar in Portland? Rivalries? Seems like a perfect fit to me...

Comment

Doesn't former Maine hockey player Jeff Libby own a sportsbar in Portland? Rivalries? Seems like a perfect fit to me...
                            Yes he does. And it is Rivalries. He's a co-owner but yes perfect place, He l l any place in Portland would be a perfect place. I remember the 99 NC game. Every bar in Portland was packed and showing the game. I know I could pack a bar with all the people/alumni I know down here that want to watch this weekend.

Comment

Yes he does. And it is Rivalries. He's a co-owner but yes perfect place, He l l any place in Portland would be a perfect place. I remember the 99 NC game. Every bar in Portland was packed and showing the game. I know I could pack a bar with all the people/alumni I know down here that want to watch this weekend.
                              It's late in the game, but you may as well try. I'll post on twitter. Are you a member of the Facebook group? I can post on there if not.

Comment

It's late in the game, but you may as well try. I'll post on twitter. Are you a member of the Facebook group? I can post on there if not.
                                I'm not on the Facebook group. I'm not a big social media guy. I will help any way I can. Chris Sedenka on WJAB is my neighbor and he could help but it's almost midnight on thurs so I don't know what can be done at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X