Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
    That's why you need to start Sully on Sat win or lose Fri.

OK, let's play What If... 1. What if you are Red and 2. What if Marty is total stud Friday night and holds the Friars to 1 goal or shuts them out in a Maine win?

What do you do Saturday night with your entire season on the line? Start Sully?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      OK, let's play What If... 1. What if you are Red and 2. What if Marty is total stud Friday night and holds the Friars to 1 goal or shuts them out in a Maine win?

Come back with Sully...let him prove what he can do. Give him a chance to be a hero. If he's not up to it, you go back to a rested and focused Marty on Sunday. If Marty's Saturday stats are that bad, theres no advantage to having him possibly lose on Saturday, and then what kind of mental shape would he be for Sunday? Not very good. In reality,imo you would have to see how much he is tested friday and see how ready he feels for a saturday return.
      Last edited by all bear; 03-12-2014, 08:46 AM.
      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
        Come back with Sully...let him prove what he can do. Give him a chance to be a hero. If he's not up to it, you go back to a rested and focused Marty on Sunday. If Marty's Saturday stats are that bad, theres no advantage to having him possibly lose on Saturday, and then what kind of mental shape would he be for Sunday? Not very good. In reality,imo you would have to see how much he is tested friday and see how ready he feels for a saturday return.
        That's a reasonable and rational response. In this scenario, with Saturday not being an elimination game, I think that makes sense. All speculation at this point, but we'll know soon enough.

FWIW, if any are not too familiar with Providence, Atwells Ave (Federal Hill) has alot of great restaurants. Try Constantino's and their fantastic salumeria next door called Venda Ravioli. Blows away anything in the Boston area by far. Venda is a mandatory stop on any trip I take to Providence. And with a Garmin or GPS, it's not a far ride over to Schneider Arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post

Marty
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post

Sully.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
              Sully.
              Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Marty

Glad we cleared that up.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                To the same team.
                +1

Though in fairness, it'll be easier to sneer once Maine hockey gets back to the NCAAs...
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

• Nugnes.
                  sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Marty
                    I have no doubt u will see Marty Saturday.....but stats are stats. Chit, I betcha ole sully is undefeated on Saturdays
                    Last edited by all bear; 03-12-2014, 01:42 PM.
                    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                      Suppose he said...

“This is a bigger stage than when Maine hockey plays in the national championship game,”
                      Maine head football coach Jack Cosgrove, Aug. 30, 2008. (Bangor Daily News)
                      More Maine Football related news now breaking from the Bangor Daily...

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/03/1...ng-in-florida/

“We were very saddened to learn that a University of Maine student has been arrested in connection with the death of one person and the injury of another in Florida,” said Kenda Scheele, UMaine assistant vice president and senior associate dean for students. “Our thoughts and prayers are with those whose lives have been forever changed by this horrific incident.”

“This is very hard to comprehend,” said UMaine football coach Jack Cosgrove. “We extend our deepest sympathies to the victims and their families and friends connected to this tragedy.”
                      Last edited by blackbearbandie; 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I have no doubt u will see Marty Saturday.....but stats are stats. Chit, I betcha ole sully is undefeated on Saturdays
                        who got you where you are? I can see Red pulling Marty if he stinks the place up but I doubt anyone but Marty starts.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          who got you where you are? I can see Red pulling Marty if he stinks the place up but I doubt anyone but Marty starts.
                          Is this a trick question ?? I'll go with my momma - final answer.
                          Last edited by all bear; 03-12-2014, 02:57 PM.
                          sure why not

Comment

Even though it's snowing heavily, it looks like the Coach's show is still on that's scheduled for tonight. Here's the link for webstreaming: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/maine.portal# 103.9 within range of Bangor

Comment

Is this a trick question ?? I'll go with my momma - final answer.
                              Well, even though it was out there, and I wanted to finish off a good check...

I'll assume momma was a great goalie that only let a "wicked wrister" get by her...

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA
                                isn't "who got you where you are" a double edged sword? Marty shut out last place Merrimack, but Didn't Marty also lose 3 straight at the end of the season, letting in a few stinkers?
                                yes,but there is a reason Marty has started all the games but 1 or 2. If you watched those games you saw some of the worst D ever. I doubt ken Dryden in his prime wins those games

Comment

Working...
                                X