Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    The biggest incoming forward is the transfer Andrew Tegeler. He is 6'2" and 200 lbs. He transferred from UMass and in between played a season with Vernon Vipers of BCHL. I am not sure, but it seems like he would be considered a junior with two years left to play in NCAA.

Nolan Vesey is listed as 6' and 175 lbs. Joe Widmar is listed as 6' 205 lbs. And as you mentioned Jack Musil is listed as 6'1" and 175 lbs. Ryan Badger is listed at 5'10" and 180 lbs.

Liam Pecararo is the smallest at 5'9" and 150 lbs. But he also seems to have played and scored well in the USHL, so I imagine he is a player that despite his size he will be an effective forward for Maine.

Never know what the recruits are until they start playing though. But according to what I am looking at(assuming nobody leaves the program or is cut) there will be 6 extra forwards, 3 extra defensemen, and 2 extra goalies. I think this will set up a healthy competition in practice where people have to work hard to make the line up. This, and another year under the belt for the top players, and another year of coaching by the new staff should improve the line up overall.

So the future seems to bring more size to the line up. And that doesn't help now. So maybe the future should be pulled into only 7 PM Saturday night.

I think it would be great if Maine gets that W and then gives it everything they've got when they travel to Providence for the quarter finals. If they close out the season with the effort they showed for most of the final period last night... win or lose this fan would consider the season was good progress.
    According to the USHL website, Pecararo is 5'11-164lbs. Vesey and Widmar are also listed at 6'1 and 6'2 respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by daaabears View Post
      According to the USHL website, Pecararo is 5'11-164lbs. Vesey and Widmar are also listed at 6'1 and 6'2 respectively.
      This one says 5'9" and 150 lbs...

http://www.waterlooblackhawks.com/in...id=51&pid=368&

I can't find the page you are mentioning. Got a link?

Comment

Originally posted by blackbear80 View Post
        I had read somewhere that tourney ticket prices were set by HE, and tourney ticket revenue went to HE.

Any idea how ticketing works at the 1-3 seeds, since the visiting team is unknown?
        I saw the PC hockey account tweet that tickets would go on sale tomorrow against the lowest remaining seed (probably Maine). They aren't waiting to find out who they are playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          I saw the PC hockey account tweet that tickets would go on sale tomorrow against the lowest remaining seed (probably Maine). They aren't waiting to find out who they are playing.
          Highest, right? The lowest goes to BC, next lowest to Lowell, and the highest of those playing next week to Providence. Unless I have completely misunderstood the whole thing, which wouldn't be the first time.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            This one says 5'9" and 150 lbs...

http://www.waterlooblackhawks.com/in...id=51&pid=368&

I can't find the page you are mentioning. Got a link?
            http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...seasonid=11221

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
              Highest, right? The lowest goes to BC, next lowest to Lowell, and the highest of those playing next week to Providence. Unless I have completely misunderstood the whole thing, which wouldn't be the first time.
              Yes, highest. I think that was just a typo.

Comment

The team with the lowest number next to its name in the standings goes to Providence

PC tickets are $15 and, like Maine, they are available online now - assuming you're willing to gamble on a Maine win next Saturday.

Tickets for the Saturday game can be purchased here

Comment

The team with the lowest number next to its name in the standings goes to Providence

PC tickets are $15 and, like Maine, they are available online now - assuming you're willing to gamble on a Maine win next Saturday.

Tickets for the Saturday game can be purchased here
                  Thanks for posting. Hopefully I didn't tempt fate by buying mine. I figure with the size of their rink there is a decent chance of tickets selling out before Saturday's game. Even though Maine hasn't been going great the last few weeks there still feels like a lot more excitement than we've seen in a long time.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Good save. You should have been a goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Thanks for posting. Hopefully I didn't tempt fate by buying mine. I figure with the size of their rink there is a decent chance of tickets selling out before Saturday's game. Even though Maine hasn't been going great the last few weeks there still feels like a lot more excitement than we've seen in a long time.
                      drew they never sell out at PC I live 2 min away..you can here crickets their too.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                        drew they never sell out at PC I live 2 min away..you can here crickets their too.
                        Drew, they never sell out at PC. I live two minutes away. You can hear crickets there too.
                        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                          I hate to think we're supporting the awful Hockey East officiating with our ticket purchases, but I suppose it's one of those necessary evils...
                          Maybe they could invest some of the $$ in vision tests.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                            Drew, they never sell out at PC. I live two minutes away. You can hear crickets there too.
                            It's that UHN edumacation, ab.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

It's that UHN edumacation, ab.
                              LOL. thiere gioing to loose aineway to Marrimeck

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                                LOL. thiere gioing to loose aineway to Marrimeck
                                come on.

Comment

Working...
                                X