Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red White Bleeding Blue...

Terrible call on Shore for embellishment where they pulled a player off for both teams.

Comment

PC Wins 3-2

Gendron chases after the official hollering and official runs off. That call on Shore was awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Terrible call on Shore for embellishment where they pulled a player off for both teams.
        I realize that HEA officials s**k, but that one was bad enough to make you think bias.

Comment

That sucks. They're going to get buried in the PWR now. Ugh.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

I am not entirely sure, but now given how things are it seems like more than likely Maine hosts Merrimack for one game. If they win, they would travel to play Providence on their ice.

Interesting.

Comment

• Great third period by the whole team. The whole place was going nuts. If they play like that they'll be very tough to beat any where.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                I am not entirely sure, but now given how things are it seems like more than likely Maine hosts Merrimack for one game. If they win, they would travel to play Providence on their ice.

Interesting.
                If only Northeastern could have won one game this weekend...
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  That sucks. They're going to get buried in the PWR now. Ugh.
                  Yep. Gonna have to make it to at least the finals at the Garden to have a shot. Tuff task seeing how they'll most likely play BC in the semi's if they make it that far. They're toast. I honestly don't see them beating Mack next week.

Comment

What a waste of an entire season IMO. 4 shots a home ice culminating by getting swept at home. I'm befuddled. Can you say choke....collapse....ugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                      Great third period by the whole team. The whole place was going nuts. If they play like that they'll be very tough to beat any where.
                      If they'd played like that all weekend they'd have won both.

Comment

Maine will host Merrimack next weekend. NBCSN has the Paralympics on Saturday, so they will want BU/ND on Friday night. If the league goes with 2 games on Saturday, obviously Maine would play then. If 2 games on Friday, I'm guessing Maine gets that game and UMass/Vermont gets Saturday.

Should they win, they will go to #3 Providence. I believe any shot at getting an at large berth to the NCAA tournament is gone. Win the Hockey East tournament or else.

ETA: It has been announced that Maine will host Merrimack on Saturday at 7:00pm
                        Last edited by Priceless; 03-01-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbear80 View Post
                          I realize that HEA officials s**k, but that one was bad enough to make you think bias.
                          Providence was the better team this weekend. Their D was on its game. Maine just wasn't able to get much done. They looked slower than they usually do and Providence got the best of them. Maine legit lost. But...

The officiating was atrocious.

How can Hockey East take itself seriously when it assigns two officials from the city of Providence to work the last regular season series of the weekend in a game that Providence is playing?

I'm glad Gendron did what he did and I wonder how outspoken he'll dare to be.

Does anyone have any input on that high-sticking incident? I forget the Maine player who did it, but there was a high-stick and he didn't touch the puck and they still blew the whistle. Is that in the rules?

Providence was the better team this weekend, but the officiating was abhorrent.

Comment

They finished where I thought they would finish, 6th. Sure did get my hopes up though and they got dashed. Team hasn't looked good for awhile and I think the loss to ND killed them mentally. They weren't the better team this weekend, they were beat to the puck consistently for 5 periods. PC went into the neutral zone trap in the 3rd tonight and that allowed Maine back in. Nothing you can do about lack of talent. I hope whoever is coming in for Dmen can actually play D as next years team won't be as good as this one with marty gone. They can beat MC but will they? I'm not that confident. Wherever they go on the road they get smoked.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Thanks Red Gendron, No, shame on you Red. 5 on 3 for a full 2 minutes. How the hell is your third leading scorer on the bench and not on the ice. The kid had 2 points in the game both assists. Shame on you for not fully assessing your players. Your job is to run a good practice, manage your bench, and manage your players. Please do your job and let your players do theirs.
                              Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                              PC kills it.

Comment

Yeah, that 5 on 3 was pretty embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X