Denver @ WMU: Hopefully our Broncos have more luck than your Broncos... :o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver @ WMU: Hopefully our Broncos have more luck than your Broncos... :o

Denver is coming to Lawson after a being swept by Colorado College, WMU knows what that feels like having a SOW and loss against CC two weeks ago. Denver sits at #26 in the Pairwise and 5th behind Western in the NCHC with 29 points. Last time these two teams played eachother the Pioneers came out on top with a sweep. Sweeping Western again and having the same luck with Miami a week later would put the Pioneers in a good position for the first NCHC tournement.

Western is coming off an unexpected weekend split with UNO. The Bronco's didn't show up to play until the 3rd period of the second game in the series. I assume Angry Murray ( a character normally reserved for the refs) paid a visit to the Bronco locker room at the end of the 2nd period because the Broncos came back from a 3-1 deficite to win the game 5-3. If thats what it took, I would like the players to see more of Angry Murray and less Andy Murray. Western sits at 22 in the pairwise and 4th in the NCHC, 8 points behind conference leader UND.

I'm hopeing the team shows up this weekend and earns all 6 points in front of the home crowd. If we fail to get home ice advantage for the conference Tournament this will be the last game at lawson for the season.
    Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Re: Denver @ WMU: Hopefully our Broncos have more luck than your Broncos...

I am thinking split this weekend

Comment

I don't know what to expect from DU this weekend after crapping the bed against CC last weekend. They have been resilient all year long having only been swept twice before last weekend and that was early in the season. They lost both games in the Alaska Tourney on 10/18 & 19 and lost 2 to UNO at DU on 11/1 &2. They did not look very good against CC last weekend and Monty made it well known he was disappointed in their performance. I would expect a tough week of practice and the team to come out firing on Friday. Hopefully, they can play with emotion this weekend and win the one on one battles.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Wmu might have a lot of empty seats with spring break starting friday.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut92 View Post
          Wmu might have a lot of empty seats with spring break starting friday.
          Word on the street is that they're offering free admission to highschool students. I am sure the core of the Lunatics (students with guaranteed seats around the penalty box and the Mayors) will be in attendance to educate the youngins...

It's a pity that Denver won't get to experience the Lunatics in full force. Go Broncos!
          Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Bump

Comment

Home ice on the line but after getting swept by a team as bad as CC, I am guessing Denver has packed it in. Broncos sweep.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

CC has improved a great deal,at this point any team can beat any team.

Comment

If the WMU Broncos play like the Denver Broncos, the Pios should sweep
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X