Minnesota hosts Penn State: 2/28 & 3/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota hosts Penn State: 2/28 & 3/1

Minnesota hosts Penn State this Friday night at 8pm and Saturday night at 6pm, Friday is on the BTN and Saturday is on NBC Sports Network. Penn State is coming off a split at Michigan, Minnesota is coming off a bye.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota hosts Penn State: 2/28 & 3/1

Bring on the Penn St fa.....errrr, never mind. Bring on the SUCS, Michigan, sconnie, and possibly UND fans. Maybe Biddco too.

A sweep of this series would all but wrap up the regular season title for the Gophers.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

In arrogant SCSU thinking (and grammar) I 'except' a sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        In arrogant SCSU thinking (and grammar) I 'except' a sweep.
        I too except a sweep, but I accept that every weekend. The wife and little'uns will be gone and that makes me grin, expect I wish it were an opponent that, well, exited me more. JBSU proud.
        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

At least with this series being at home we'll be able to follow the puck along the boards. Finding a puck against boards with yellow at the base is much easier than a navy one like PSU has. Wonder who made that decision as I'm not sure I've ever seen a dark color base.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
            At least with this series being at home we'll be able to follow the puck along the boards. Finding a puck against boards with yellow at the base is much easier than a navy one like PSU has. Wonder who made that decision as I'm not sure I've ever seen a dark color base.
            The Wisco fans I sat by at the Excel didn't have that excuse. They paid little attention to the game talking earnestly about the most inane things. One would then turn to the other asking where the puck was.
            "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
              The Wisco fans I sat by at the Excel didn't have that excuse. They paid little attention to the game talking earnestly about the most inane things. One would then turn to the other asking where the puck was.
              Sounds like you sat by some of the more knowledgable Wisko fans.
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Hey, it's tough to follow a game between stuffing your face with bratwurst and shoving your snout into a beer cup.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  Sounds like you sat by some of the more knowledgable Wisko fans.
                  Yes. With them it can always be worse...
                  "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

How did people start calling it the Excel? I see it far too often.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      How did people start calling it the Excel? I see it far too often.
                      Drives me nuts. I blame it on phones and tablets autocorrecting, though.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Drives me nuts. I blame it on phones and tablets autocorrecting, though.
                        Not sure I buy that, though... Do people not read what they wrote before they post?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          Not sure I buy that, though... Do people not read what they wrote before they post?
                          *snicker* *chortle *guffaw*

Yeah, right.

MN sweeps. we get more goals than we get points this weekend. With ease.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wisco fans never have that excuse. I guess we should be impressed they knew a big part of the game is knowing where the puck is. that's a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              Wisco fans never have that excuse. I guess we should be impressed they knew a big part of the game is knowing where the puck is. that's a start.
                              I was thinking the fact that they knew what the puck WAS is enough to mark them as knowledgeable for Wisco fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X