Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lowell @ Vermont, 2/28 and 3/1: Let the games commence!

Originally posted by ULowell'81 View Post
    I don't buy JCarter's assertion nor yours on this topic either. While not every cheap shot gets called a team that has a propensity for that type of play gets a reputation which normally results in more penalty minutes. Statistically speaking since 2003-2004 (I though 11 years would represent a fair amount of your likely viewing history) Lowell has had only one season (2005-06) where they had more penalties called against them than their opponents and only two where it resulted into more penalty minutes (2004-05 and 2005-06). The overall numbers were UML: 2286 penalties/5228 minutes versus Opponents: 2462/5778. I suppose I could drill down further and compare majors, 10 minute, game/gross misconducts, and match calls but the three years I did review (2003-2006) showed them to be about even.

I'm not calling them choirboys by any stretch but by comparison to the Lowell Chiefs of my undergrad days the current iteration seem more like a bunch of pussycats...at least to my admittedly biased eyes.

You can't go bringing stats into a UVM - UML thread... believe me I've tried and SCottk and PatRonICK have made it clear that stats are not welcome.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      I always wondered what kept UML fans going to the games. Now I get it. Sleep through the snooze fest, then awaken in time to see the fireworks at the end. Brilliant!
      Given how they have been under Norm, its kind of true to be honest. Usually in terms of both the season and game-by-game I usually see a slower start early and we pick up towards the end. The third period tends to be the fun one for us as BC learned against us.
      I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

I don't buy JCarter's assertion nor yours on this topic either. While not every cheap shot gets called a team that has a propensity for that type of play gets a reputation which normally results in more penalty minutes. Statistically speaking since 2003-2004 (I though 11 years would represent a fair amount of your likely viewing history) Lowell has had only one season (2005-06) where they had more penalties called against them than their opponents and only two where it resulted into more penalty minutes (2004-05 and 2005-06). The overall numbers were UML: 2286 penalties/5228 minutes versus Opponents: 2462/5778. I suppose I could drill down further and compare majors, 10 minute, game/gross misconducts, and match calls but the three years I did review (2003-2006) showed them to be about even.

I'm not calling them choirboys by any stretch but by comparison to the Lowell Chiefs of my undergrad days the current iteration seem more like a bunch of pussycats...at least to my admittedly biased eyes.
        My comments? All I said was that it wasn't really late ("at the whistle") but it was a bit thuggery but nothing to go nuclear over. Whoever went in 2nd is up for the thuggery.. 1st guy in was fine. As for the Charlestown quote that was just making fun of the situation.. there have been far worse missed calls on the grand scheme of things. On a 1 to 10 this is about a 3 in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
          My comments? All I said was that it wasn't really late ("at the whistle") but it was a bit thuggery but nothing to go nuclear over. Whoever went in 2nd is up for the thuggery.. 1st guy in was fine. As for the Charlestown quote that was just making fun of the situation.. there have been far worse missed calls on the grand scheme of things. On a 1 to 10 this is about a 3 in my book.
          It was for the "Chiefs" reference only; apologies for missing the tongue implanted in the cheek.

Comment

It was for the "Chiefs" reference only; apologies for missing the tongue implanted in the cheek.
            I think you're supposed to respond like jcarter did and tell Kdaddy you're going to provide him with tissues? Not sure

Comment

Originally posted by HawkUnderground View Post
              I think you're supposed to respond like jcarter did and tell Kdaddy you're going to provide him with tissues? Not sure
              This is a Vermont Lowell thread, if you want to be friends and get all touchy feely do it with yourself (probably the case already) or with the other Lowell fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                This is a Vermont Lowell thread, if you want to be friends and get all touchy feely do it with yourself (probably the case already) or with the other Lowell fans.
                Plus you've already offered to provide them with the tissues...how much more hospitable can you get?

Comment

Originally posted by BTV802 View Post
                  Plus you've already offered to provide them with the tissues...how much more hospitable can you get?
                  I said I was sorry too... dam Lowell fans, you would think that they would a.) have thicker skin and b.) be more appreciative when I guy apologies and offers a tissue...

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Now the shiite is getting deep... hold on and let me get out my waders. Hellebuyck is an excellent goalie but best goalie in the country... he isn't even the best goalie in the league.

But it ought to keep the discussion going for a while... well done on a nice flame
                    Best save percentage in the country. Deal with it. Oh, wait, Vermont fans don't like things like stats and facts.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      Best save percentage in the country. Deal with it. Oh, wait, Vermont fans don't like things like stats and facts.

Good for him, but he still isn't the best goaltender in the league. Deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        Vermont is 7-3 in HE this year on the road and have won 5 straight. They have played much better on the road then at home which
                        one UML poster tried to use as reason UML would win last week which didt work out so well.

Also your previous post on how UML is a better scoring team then Vermont is now false as Vermont passed UML in GPG several games ago.
                        And with only 5 goals in its last 4 games that killer OFF seems to have gone cold.

And your claim to the better goalies didnt hold up last week did it, while the stats show that yours are overall better he definately got outplayed
                        by Hoffman and after Saturday I think teams now know they just need to back up on Hellybuck to score more.
                        You're either taking too many drugs or you're not medicated enough, I can't figure out which it is.

You heard it here first, folks! Hellebuyck, the national leader in save percentage, the sophomore who in 46 career games has more shutouts (10) than loses (9) was outplayed by Hoffman (despite shutting out Vermont on Friday night, because only Saturday counts) and has been exposed by Vermont for the rest of the college hockey world to dissect and emulate.

Log off and take a nap while the adults finish the discussion, would you please?
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

You're either taking too many drugs or you're not medicated enough, I can't figure out which it is.
                          A lowell fan complaining some one else is on drugs... that's rich.
                          You heard it here first, folks! Hellebuyck, t) was outplayed by Hoffman (despite shutting out Vermont on Friday night, because only Saturday counts)
                          Um we could review stats... for the weekend you know both Friday and Saturday...

Hellebuyk 1 win 1 loss
                          Hoffman 1 win 1 loss

Hellebuyck 1.5 GAA
                          Hoffman 1.5 GAA

Hellebuyck .943 sv%
                          Hoffman .949 sv%

So ya.... Hoffman played as well or better then Hellebuyck on the weekend by every statistical measure.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                            A lowell fan complaining some one else is on drugs... that's rich.
                            To be fair there is a reason they call it Groovy UV and why our student section counts down to 4:20 on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by BTV802 View Post
                              To be fair there is a reason they call it Groovy UV and why our student section counts down to 4:20 on the clock.
                              At least both of our fanbases can remember the game being played. Down at Amherst its all a blacked out blur.
                              I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Does that count only shots from inside the zone or those from center ice?
                                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Working...
                                X