2/28, 3/2 Wolverines vs Buckeyes Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2/28, 3/2 Wolverines vs Buckeyes Thread

Only 10-14F, but people are pretty tired of it here. Given the option to see OSU or staying home, well, I bet people will stay home. We'll walk to the game, but I do know that the sidewalks have more than their share of glare ice, we will be late, certainly.

Are you coming up? Not sure outside of wT and myself who you have met.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Only 10-14F, but people are pretty tired of it here. Given the option to see OSU or staying home, well, I bet people will stay home. We'll walk to the game, but I do know that the sidewalks have more than their share of glare ice, we will be late, certainly.

I'd rather be at the game friday... but unfortunately i got scheduled to be in Chicago for a customer visit and will not be back for the game.

I don't know why you are wringing your hands about Clare. Yes, he is slow and at crunch time his stick turns to a noodle, but other than that he is a big body that clogs space, if he isn't pylon-ed. To be honest, he did have a nice set up saturday on the PP (WHY is he on the PP?) for PDG's first goal. IIRC, DeJong got sat saturday with Guptill.

This week I imagine Gups will be back in and that the d pairings will be: Downing- Serville Clare- Sinelli DeJong/Chiasson- Lohan

I wouldn't look for anything different on the first three lines: Copp-Compher-DeBlois Guptill-Nieves-PDG Hyman-Motte-Moffatt Kile-Lynch-Selman / Allen /Shuart
      Or some combo there abouts.

Comment

Only 10-14F, but people are pretty tired of it here.
        I hear you. While it wouldn't even occur to me to skip the game, I certainly agree that winter has been much more exhausting than usual.

Given the option to see OSU or staying home, well, I bet people will stay home. We'll walk to the game, but I do know that the sidewalks have more than their share of glare ice, we will be late, certainly.
        The early starts do make things tough. On our end, it's tough to criticize that because of the significant uptick in our television appearances. Seems like an acceptable trade. On your end, Michigan obviously had more extensive coverage on FSD in years past, so the cost/benefit probably doesn't look as good.

In practical terms, the choice may come down to seeing the whole game on BTN, or going to the rink and missing the entire first period. For those with that issue, I can certainly understand the decision to stay home.

That'd be great, but no can do. I'll be part of the BTN audience that's messing up your schedule.

I do hope to see you guys in Philly...

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          Sunday's game is Downtown at Nationwide Arena.
          That's not what MGoBlue.com said but I went and checked the nationwide events page and I have just notified MGoBlue to change it.

Why aren't they playing it at vca? And why did they paint their blue lines gray if the game is at Nationwide? (saw it on the B1G Hockey facebook)
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

National Weather Service is forecasting a low for Thursday night in Ann Arbor of -12. High of 10 and low of 7 on Friday.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
              That's not what MGoBlue.com said but I went and checked the nationwide events page and I have just notified MGoBlue to change it.
              Those were the right things to do.

Why aren't they playing it at vca?
              The State High School Wrestling Tournament has the building all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                That'd be great, but no can do. I'll be part of the BTN audience that's messing up your schedule.

I do hope to see you guys in Philly...
                Well, we will see you in Philly for sure, then.

I'm ok with the early start time- and normally would prefer it. I very much appreciate the entire expansion of TV coverage- two games on BTN, the games on CBS, and a game on NBCSN.

Hope the games are well played on both sides- watching OSU play Wisconsin, it appears that that you, too, have altered your style of play which matches Minny, Wisco, and our style. Even if we play bad, it still leaves us with a fun and quick game to watch.

Comment

I dislike the early start time. Part of that may be needing to be at Yost an hour early to claim a seat with my friends. So, to be at Yost by 5:30 I have to leave my house by 5. Can't go straight from work, 'cause I have to go home and let dog out and feed her. Which means trying to leave work by 4. Fortunately, I have a job where I can leave early on a Friday. Also, getting to the bar/restaurant at 9 or 9:30 has typically been more crowded than getting there at 10. Not a fan.

pgb - see you in Philly.

As for Kevin Clare, I respect that he is a better hockey player than I could ever be and that he is a large body on a relatively small team, but every time he is on the ice I worry that something dumb will happen.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    As for Kevin Clare, I respect that he is a better hockey player than I could ever be and that he is a large body on a relatively small team, but every time he is on the ice I worry that something dumb will happen.
                    Clare has been a nominal player, falling far below expectations out of the USNDT. But, at this point, we have no choice. Chiasson is a turnover machine, too. Bennett has been better most nights but has had some awful turnovers this season, none worse than against Ferris and Penn State. Serville =Clare. DeJong, Downing and Lohan are all freshmen with upside and even at this point in the season are still making some freshmen mistakes. Lohan has only played nine games now. Sinelli is a converted forward and is holding his own. Spencer Hyman or Mike Szuma haven't seen any ice time. That is our defense.

Besides, after April you won't have Clare to kick around anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      Clare has been a nominal player, falling far below expectations out of the USNDT. But, at this point, we have no choice. Chiasson is a turnover machine, too. Bennett has been better most nights but has had some awful turnovers this season, none worse than against Ferris and Penn State. Serville =Clare. DeJong, Downing and Lohan are all freshmen with upside and even at this point in the season are still making some freshmen mistakes. Lohan has only played nine games now. Sinelli is a converted forward and is holding his own. Spencer Hyman or Mike Szuma haven't seen any ice time. That is our defense.

Besides, after April you won't have Clare to kick around anymore.
                      All I ask is two things:

1) look before you pass.

2) pass with authority.

Both of those will result in a LOT less nasty turn overs.

Too bad we don't have 4 blue liners that we can lean on the entire game like we did back in '98 during the FF.

Comment

Hope the games are well played on both sides- watching OSU play Wisconsin, it appears that that you, too, have altered your style of play which matches Minny, Wisco, and our style. Even if we play bad, it still leaves us with a fun and quick game to watch.
                        Coaches do have to fit systems to the available talent. But yes, we have more speed and skill up front than we've had at other points in time. It's been great to see and I'm certainly hoping Coach Rohlik and his staff can continue landing that type of player.

I'm intrigued by the notion that there's an emerging B1G style of play, and will have to give that one some further thought. My first reaction is that Wisconsin maybe isn't as up tempo as you're suggesting. Certainly Coaches Eaves gets excellent players, but he often employs a pretty conservative game plan. Then again, maybe that impression is based mostly on past seasons. We are, after all, less than one year into the new era.

Comment

Question for the Michigan fans: Who do you think we'll see in net this weekend? Do Nagelvort and Racine each get a start or are we likely to see only one of the two, and if so which one?

Question for the OSU fans: How many goalies have you gone through this season?
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

Well, we will see you in Philly for sure, then.

I'm ok with the early start time- and normally would prefer it. I very much appreciate the entire expansion of TV coverage- two games on BTN, the games on CBS, and a game on NBCSN.

Not sure I would group WI's trap game with MN and MI's style of play. Even if they were able to alter it for a game or two, it won't take long to revert back to the only style they know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              Not sure I would group WI's trap game with MN and MI's style of play. Even if they were able to alter it for a game or two, it won't take long to revert back to the only style they know.

So you're here too?

Cold turkey to binge. I like your style.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                So you're here too?

Cold turkey to binge. I like your style.

Following me around? I guess you're obsessed with me, not just our program.

I have a stereotype to live up to... so I'm trying my best. Although I actually had a point with this one... sort of. So it's just just a straight troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X