No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (2/28, 3/1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (2/28, 3/1)

Discuss.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (2/28, 3/1)

At least need a point the first night at the very least. Need to wrap up a decent first round home ice and then get home healthy. Have to make sure we take care of business first-without looking ahead to the following weekend and the playoffs.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      At least need a point the first night at the very least. Need to wrap up a decent first round home ice and then get home healthy. Have to make sure we take care of business first-without looking ahead to the following weekend and the playoffs.
      Yeah a Friday point would be something different.
      "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

RPI cannot get the bye. With at least two points due to number of wins tiebreak OR a SLU loss, they can clinch first round home ice.

Union has nothing to play for. They have the top seed locked up.

Yale still has an outside shot at a bye. I say outside because of Cornell's opponents, as well because Cornell holds the tiebreak. They rquire not only to win out, but for Cornell to get no more than one point.

Brown is fighting to not have to travel in the first round. They control their own destiny towards this goal.

Comment

C'mon down!
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Yale still has an outside shot at a bye. I say outside because of Cornell's opponents, as well because Cornell holds the tiebreak.
            Yale actually has a better chance of QU losing both games and Yale winning out. highly unlikely as well, but more likely than Cornell losing both next weekend.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Union has nothing to play for.
              Union does have something to play for: to keep a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.
              Union College Hockey
              2014 NCAA National Champions
              2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Yale actually has a better chance of QU losing both games and Yale winning out. highly unlikely as well, but more likely than Cornell losing both next weekend.
                And that's exactly how I was able to get Yale to 3rd. Either either or the other may happen. And Cornell doesn't have to lose both, they can get a tie on one.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  I would just like to see Yale play two solid games in a row. Hasn't really happened a lot this season. At least not on the same weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                    Union does have something to play for: to keep a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.
                    And both Yale and Brown have something to fight for. Yale is in contention for a bye and trying to get themselves into a better PWR position. Brown usually gives Union fits.

I expect Bennett won't let these guys relax. Union needs to stay sharp, as they'll have a week off before hosting a QF playoff series.
                    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

The potential for a number one NCAA seed has to be a major factor so I assume RB will put all available first liners on the ice to try to assure that spot and hope for the bye week to rest the wounded. In my view the one player they absolutely cannot afford to lose is Colin Stevens who has developed into an elite goaltender. I'm sure they'd love to give him a game off but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                        The potential for a number one NCAA seed has to be a major factor so I assume RB will put all available first liners on the ice to try to assure that spot and hope for the bye week to rest the wounded. In my view the one player they absolutely cannot afford to lose is Colin Stevens who has developed into an elite goaltender. I'm sure they'd love to give him a game off but I don't see it happening.
                        Maybe Sak can play one game next weekend, but I also doubt it. Stevens will have the bye week to rest up.
                        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

I'll be at Yale–Union cheering for Yale and RPI–Yale cheering for RPI. Let's go teams that's I'll be cheering for!
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Someone had posted suggestions on where to park in New Haven to attend the Yale hockey game this coming Saturday, but I can't find it now. Could we have a reprise in this thread please?
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              Someone had posted suggestions on where to park in New Haven to attend the Yale hockey game this coming Saturday, but I can't find it now. Could we have a reprise in this thread please?
                              There is on street parking near the arena that requires paying a meter until 9pm. Meters do NOT have to fed between 9pm and 8am. Most around the rink accept debit cards so that you only have to feed it once. There is a parking garage behind the rink that fills up rather quickly for big games. The cost is $5 per car. Downside of garage is that it takes quite a while to empty after games and if you end up on a higher level, you might as well bring a six pack and post game until it clears out. I would advise arriving at least 45-60 minutes early to take advantage of either of these options. If you would like to park 1/2 mile away on city streets, there is a nice Irish Pub called Anna Liffeys at 17 Whitney Ave, New Haven, CT 06510 , which is a great spot for pregame or postgame food and drink. http://annaliffeys.com/ Hopefully this link will show walking diresctions from Liffey's to Ingalls. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Anna...d41.316792!3e2
                              Last edited by LTsatch; 02-24-2014, 10:54 AM.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X