No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (2/28, 3/1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (2/28, 3/1)

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I thought Yale and Brown both had good video feeds.

Brown's announcers are SLU-level horrendous. I have already discussed my deep appreciation of Yale announcer Adlon Adams, at length, elsewhere.
    After watching their feed, Colgate's announcer has to burn his sheet of Corny Sayings.

"He stuck to him like gum underneath the seat at a movie theatre"
    Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Booked my hotel in New Haven and bought my tickets (SRO) to the Union/Yale game. Think there's a chance I'll be able to find an open seat?

Seems like I can choose to sit wherever I want for the Brown/Union game. Is there a place where the visiting fans usually sit?
      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
        After watching their feed, Colgate's announcer has to burn his sheet of Corny Sayings.

"He stuck to him like gum underneath the seat at a movie theatre"
        I'm OK with their broadcast team. Their PA Announcer, OTOH, needs to be sent back to the WWE.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
          Booked my hotel in New Haven and bought my tickets (SRO) to the Union/Yale game. Think there's a chance I'll be able to find an open seat?

Seems like I can choose to sit wherever I want for the Brown/Union game. Is there a place where the visiting fans usually sit?
          The GA side of the arena is behind the visitors' bench. Typically, away fans sit in sections A and B (aka the two sections nearest the visiting goal), but you should certainly be able to find room almost anywhere you go, if you want to follow your team around each period (that's what I always do at Meehan). The best view in the arena is behind the nets, where there is a concourse with railings overlooling the ice. This is where most of the diehard fans stand. These areas actually do fill up, however (which is why the place often looks so empty!).

With regard to Brown's stream: it used to be horrendous, but this year, the ILDN has really improved the quality. Near-HD video, but you'll have to deal with our, er, "enthusiastic" commentators.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post

UHM- I am in the top row of Aisle 9, which only has eight seats in the row, occasionally some season ticket holders do not show up. Stop by, I will be in the fourth seat wearing a blue north face with a Yale logo. Also, we will be having dinner at Anna Liffeys at about 5:20. Give me a call at 2039271341 if you need anything or want to meet up. Dave.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Just received an email from Yale Athletics which states there are a limited number of standing room tickets available for both nights this weekend.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

I'm OK with their broadcast team. Their PA Announcer, OTOH, needs to be sent back to the WWE.
                Laughing my azz off, Joe Caprio has been there for years, we just roll our eyes.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

They must have had a substitute PA announcer a couple weeks ago, because it wasn't the same style of voice.

Comment

So obviously it's tough to repeat as NC, and Yale lost top caliber players like Andrew Miller, but they also lost associate head coach Red Gendron who has gotten Maine back on the map. How much do you think Yale misses him if at all? The assistants do a lot of the heavy lifting and he's a well respected hockey lifer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      So obviously it's tough to repeat as NC, and Yale lost top caliber players like Andrew Miller, but they also lost associate head coach Red Gendron who has gotten Maine back on the map. How much do you think Yale misses him if at all? The assistants do a lot of the heavy lifting and he's a well respected hockey lifer.
                      I think he certainly is missed, I am not sure that his departure has been that much of an issue. supposedly his speciality was defense, and the Yale defense has been playing quite well this year, even shorthanded. I think Yale's major missing link is the number of finishers the team has on offense. You get past Agostino, Root and Wilson and there are not alot of snipers left . The loss of Borbounais has hurt the team as well. Injuries were also a major factor this year. Yale still has not had a 4 point weekend this year, this weekend would be a good time to start. The last 30 seconds of this press conference with Red are killer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2muVpFOmnSg
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

I'll be at the Brown game tonight (if we ever get going!!) with the princess entourage... LGR!
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Tomorrow is simple for RPI: Win, get 6th. Anything else, get 7th.
                          If Yale loses, they get 7th. A tie gets them 6th. A win coupled with a Clarkson loss (and loss ONLY) gets 5th, otherwise 6th.
                          Brown is in a clusterblank for positioning, and I don't feel like explaining it again. Win, and it's 8th. Anything else, adn it could be ANYTHING from 8th to 11th.
                          Union will remain 1st. Nothing to play for in terms of ECAC standings.

Comment

Working...
                          X