Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    That is not a block that varsity athletes frequent.

Also in an interview yesterday afternoon Quinn said that tonight would have the same lines as last Saturday, sooooo no offense to Mike79 but we may be getting a bit ahead of ourselves.
    I think he was being tongue in cheek. The party was not yesterday, the court date for the fraternity members was.

Comment

Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Its kinda hard to lug a keg out the window with you when you're running from the cops!

Or so I've been told...
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Its kinda hard to lug a keg out the window with you when you're running from the cops!

Or so I've been told...
        My brother in law was once drinking at a house party and was playing a video game with a couple people when the cops came in and raided the place. Almost everyone bailed, but by brother in law just sat there playing the video game thinking 'well, screw it.'

The cops came over and were like "were you drinking?"

"Yup."

"Are you 21?"

"Nope."

They just looked at each other and told him to get home, since he didn't run.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
          I think he was being tongue in cheek. The party was not yesterday, the court date for the fraternity members was.
          I heard it from a player's parent. It seems believable to me that DQ would want to take a strong stand on this type of stuff. The team is 8-20. The majority of the players won't have any role with the team in one week. what's he care? I guess we'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike79 View Post
            I heard it from a player's parent. It seems believable to me that DQ would want to take a strong stand on this type of stuff. The team is 8-20. The majority of the players won't have any role with the team in one week. what's he care? I guess we'll see...
            OK, what you wrote has no relevance to my post you quoted but whatever.

1) Unless BU has 12 studs coming in, I wouldn't say "a majority." Also, though you are right in that a number of players will see diminished ice time next year, but some will remain on the roster. There are always injuries, WJC, etc. that the team will still need many of these players. Will some players disappear from the roster? Sure, it is plausible. Far less than a "majority" though.

2) He would care that there are 2 games left to play. 9 players suspended would mean these 2 games will be canceled. If it is an egregious enough offense sure. But Quinn wouldn't be flippant about canceling 2 games. If he does do that, I hope BU tells me by Noon so I can make other plans!

Comment

2) He would care that there are 2 games left to play. 9 players suspended would mean these 2 games will be canceled. If it is an egregious enough offense sure. But Quinn wouldn't be flippant about canceling 2 games. If he does do that, I hope BU tells me by Noon so I can make other plans!
              Maybe Quinn just really doesn't want to go back to South Bend. Burlington is beautiful this time of year
              GO BU

Comment

1) Unless BU has 12 studs coming in, I wouldn't say "a majority." Also, though you are right in that a number of players will see diminished ice time next year, but some will remain on the roster. There are always injuries, WJC, etc. that the team will still need many of these players. Will some players disappear from the roster? Sure, it is plausible. Far less than a "majority" though.

Why cancelled?

Just means he skates X number of players

"My team is on the court"
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Wow...good one! Gene Hackman from "Hoosiers"

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Why cancelled?

Just means he skates X number of players

If BU skates with 2 forward lines and 2 defensive lines, I am headed to T's right after the Parker ceremony!

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

If BU skates with 2 forward lines and 2 defensive lines, I am headed to T's right after the Parker ceremony!
                      What have they been skating with for the past couple months?

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Not that we seem to be taking this rumor seriously, but BU Athletics is still promoting this game on Facebook as of 20 minutes ago.

Comment

If this is truly a curfew violation, assuming no laws were broken and they weren't doing anything egregiously bad, couldn't this be handled by a couple of weeks of 6am suicides?
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                            I think that would be a fitting lineup to send out for Parker night (along with the reason behind it )
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              My brother in law was once drinking at a house party and was playing a video game with a couple people when the cops came in and raided the place. Almost everyone bailed, but by brother in law just sat there playing the video game thinking 'well, screw it.'

The cops came over and were like "were you drinking?"

"Yup."

"Are you 21?"

"Nope."

They just looked at each other and told him to get home, since he didn't run.
                              So in high school we're boozing it up in the cemetary figuring nobody would be there to bother us (I hope ). Sure enough, the cops show up uninvited. My idiot friend tells me "run", but I'm thinking...well, my car is here, so I'm not sure how exactly I get out of this one. Anyway, 20 people run, the 3 of us with a vehicle stick around, and the police politely informs us to get the $%^^ out of there before he calls the $$%# paddy wagon. No problem, hop in my car with my idiot friend who decided to stick around and drive away. As I pull out of the bone yard and drive up the street I noticed about 10 kids dashing from behind one gravestone to another trying to stay out of site of the searchlight on the police cruiser as it went through the cemetary. I was laughing so hard I almost went off the road. Good times.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                If this is truly a curfew violation, assuming no laws were broken and they weren't doing anything egregiously bad, couldn't this be handled by a couple of weeks of 6am suicides?
                                A couple of weeks of 6am suicides? The season will probably be over in less than one week. Which of the seniors would show up for those "gatherings"?

Comment

Working...
                                X