Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

has anyone asked him yet???

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

waiting for the freep to confirm he is leaving

Comment

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
        Clearly there was someone on the inside that leaked supporting documentation to the Globe. Carmichael was a poor excuse for a journalist.
        Trying to follow the narrative here... someone leaked supporting documentation and she changed it? Or do you believe she shouldn't have gone looking for this information and should have just trusted Colby Cohen's stories of what happened and what didn't happen? Good journalists kind of have the responsibility to go looking for reliable information and reporting on it; that's what they get paid to do.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Trying to follow the narrative here... someone leaked supporting documentation and she changed it?
          Not changed it but by mixing uncorroborated hearsay with corroborated reports, she made the hearsay seem as factual as everything else. She also did not include the part where the TF looked into a number of these hearsay allegations and could not find any evidence they occurred.
          Last edited by BU2K; 06-04-2014, 09:27 AM.
          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
            Not changed it but by mixing uncorroborated hearsay with corroborated reports, she made the hearsay seem as factual as everything else. She also did not include the part where the TF looked into a number of these hearsay allegations and could not find any evidence they occurred.
            I think here in FantasyLand nothing is actually corroborated (maybe it is if Colby Cohen says so). Anyway...

She simply got a copy of the report and reported what it said. She didn't pass it off as fact. Here's a quote directly from her:

"there are multiple sources quoted in the report, saying the same things consistently, even though they were interviewed separately"

Are we going back to the tin foil hat theory of feminist BC fans that made up stories and somehow got themselves planted into the pool of people interviewed for the task force to push their anti-BU men's hockey agenda? It was Andy Glass, in the library, with a candlestick!!!!!!!!!!
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

She also included unsubstantiated items from the appendix that could not be corroborated. The mixture of fact and possible fiction is the point.
              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

OK.

At the end of the day, she did a pretty good job unearthing a document no one else did and reporting what was contained therein. But the smear campaign on her is nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  OK.

At the end of the day, she did a pretty good job unearthing a document no one else did and reporting what was contained therein. But the smear campaign on her is nice too.
                  If you consider being on the receiving end of a leaked document "unearthing" ok then.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    If you consider being on the receiving end of a leaked document "unearthing" ok then.
                    OK Then.

Comment

I recall putting up her original report, which laid out the items---then her next day which was a tad sensationalist. I held up how she rewrote her original with an added zing - without bringing anything new. No new facts, no new interviews.
                      I also admitted reaching out to her with ideas that she use to unearth crap, as the whole affair was fukin embarrassing. She (it appeared from what she wrote) was unable to get others to talk to her and applied broad conjecture. Unfortunately.

No need to rehash this as she had her shot and came up empty.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        No need to rehash this
                        Agreed. Yet here we are. So it goes in the offseason.

Comment

Next y'all are gonna try to convince me that a car dealer would try to upsell me because it would be to his own benefit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Agreed. Yet here we are. So it goes in the offseason.
                            Agreed. Here you are
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Agreed. Here you are
                              I think he is avoiding the Richardson discussion on his thread. Looks like Jerry is funneling players to Cav.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                                I think he is avoiding the Richardson discussion on his thread. Looks like Jerry is funneling players to Cav.
                                Or the student has become the master at stealing commits

Comment

Working...
                                X