Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Boston Globe Article

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Not surprising since it is a story in the Globe about BU, but a pretty negative article. Seems to insinuate that the resignation was forced.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        Not surprising since it is a story in the Globe about BU, but a pretty negative article. Seems to insinuate that the resignation was forced.
        Well it is Bob Hohler so consider the source.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Well it is Bob Hohler so consider the source.
          ...and hence my comment last night about some who suspect President Brown (and/or his cronies) of having an "agenda". I suspect similar sources leaked what was supposed to have been confidential info from the task force findings to Hohler. It's possible a very well-paid rat might be occupying office space somewhere on Comm Ave/Bay State Rd.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            My intent here isn't to dismiss your assertion completely, but if Brown "hit" Parker, why does he still occupy a visible role at the university?

Let's face it, none of us will know the true "story behind the story" until Hoky informs us of it in his own cryptic way.
            Agreed that we won't know the entire story. However, I also think Brown is smart enough to know the value Parker's name and presence brings to the University that keeping him on in his current role placates many and helps bring in $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              ...and hence my comment last night about some who suspect President Brown (and/or his cronies) of having an "agenda". I suspect similar sources leaked what was supposed to have been confidential info from the task force findings to Hohler.
              Do you mean leaked info to Mary Carmichael?
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Do you mean leaked info to Mary Carmichael?
                Yes...BTW she's no longer at the Globe and is now writing in the biotech industry.

Comment

...and hence my comment last night about some who suspect President Brown (and/or his cronies) of having an "agenda". I suspect similar sources leaked what was supposed to have been confidential info from the task force findings to Hohler. It's possible a very well-paid rat might be occupying office space somewhere on Comm Ave/Bay State Rd.
                  I mean, there wasn't really anything leaked in this article. It just took the facts already out and then added quotes from people who don't like him to get more clicks.

Comment

Yes...BTW she's no longer at the Globe and is now writing in the biotech industry.
                    Ha, I just noticed that myself. Bright young lady. And very very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Ha, I just noticed that myself. Bright young lady. And very very nice.
                      Did you meet her one weekend at pine mattress back in the day?!?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                        It just took the facts already out and then added quotes from people who don't like him to get more clicks.
                        Hohler is very good at the latter (I'm sure w/o opposition from his editor(s)). As an investigative journalist I'm sure he's very adept at finding the "right" people to talk to in order to create the desired effect of his articles.

Comment

even BUSCHO with a not so flattering headline on the main page

Comment

I always felt that Ms. Carmichael came from wherever she had been to do a hit job.Having attended both TF hearings and submitted a 1 page statement,I found it interesting that promised confidentiality and privacy was breached. Clearly there was someone on the inside that leaked supporting documentation to the Globe. Carmichael was a poor excuse for a journalist. In any event I wish Mike Lynch all the best; he treated me cordially at all times.There's a reason your winshield is bigger than your rearview mirror becausethe world is ahead of us and we needen't live in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              even BUSCHO with a not so flattering headline on the main page
                              It's as if both this site AND the Globe want to get as many clicks as possible, you'd almost think their advertising revenue was tied to it or something.

Comment

Guys...we're not gonna know what happens until some kid with a BC blog tells us. We might as well just ignore the other media outlets.

Comment

Working...
                                X