Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

J.D. Carrabino, Brendan Collier only BU players cut to date.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...ch-david-quinn
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      J.D. Carrabino, Brendan Collier only BU players cut to date.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...ch-david-quinn
      You misspelled "Mike79" as "sources".

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        You misspelled "Mike79" as "sources".
        Actually I did not. I have my own sources but thanks for that.

Comment

That's too bad, if there's any player that can claim he didn't have a chance to prove himself, it's Carrabino. Hopefully he sticks around, it looks like the players and coaches like him. Maybe he can play on the club team and stick around the way Eruzione Jr did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't Stop, Hammer Time View Post
            That's too bad, if there's any player that can claim he didn't have a chance to prove himself, it's Carrabino. Hopefully he sticks around, it looks like the players and coaches like him. Maybe he can play on the club team and stick around the way Eruzione Jr did.
            It is a curious move to me, but we don't know what the coaches saw in practice. His limited playing time at Clarkson is curious, but I don't know the circumstances there. Wish him well whatever happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              It is a curious move to me, but we don't know what the coaches saw in practice. His limited playing time at Clarkson is curious, but I don't know the circumstances there. Wish him well whatever happens.
              Injuries were a contributing factor to his lack of PT at Clarkson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                Based on Mich and MSU's schedules looks like they will be returning here Oct 24 and 25. Which also makes sense because that is the weekend we visited them last year

Mich/MSU Oct 24 and 25
                Harv Nov 25
                @RPI Dec 13
                Union Early Jan (2nd, 3rd, or 4th)
                Wisc Jan 9 and 10

Based on HE schedule Colgate would probably have to be either before Mich/MSU or Thanksgiving weekend. As would the 2 "mystery" games.
                UNH is 2/13 and 2/14

Comment

Mich/MSU Oct 24 and 25
                  Maine Nov 21
                  Harv Nov 25
                  @RPI Dec 13
                  Wisc Jan 9 and 10
                  UNH is 2/13 and 2/14

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Mich/MSU Oct 24 and 25
                    Maine Nov 21
                    Harv Nov 25
                    @RPI Dec 13
                    Wisc Jan 9 and 10
                    UNH is 2/13 and 2/14
                    HE schedules that have been released seem to very closely mirror last year's with just 2 UConn games scattered in and generally the home and away games flipped from last year. This would make the 2015 part of 2014-5 be:

Jan 2/3/4 Union
                    Jan 9+10 @ Wisc
                    Jan 16 BC
                    Jan 17 UML
                    Jan 23+24 @ UVM
                    Jan 30 UMass
                    Feb 2 Beanpot
                    Feb 8 @UML
                    Feb 9 Beanpot
                    Feb 13/14 UNH home and home
                    Feb 20/21 ND
                    Feb 27/28 NU home and home

Figuring out the fall portion is a bit harder as there are more individual games than weekend series with a single opponent, but I think you can at least pencil in a Merrimack home and home the weekend before RPI, the PC home and home over halloween weekend, and at BC for one game the weekend after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      HE schedules that have been released seem to very closely mirror last year's with just 2 UConn games scattered in and generally the home and away games flipped from last year. This would make the 2015 part of 2014-5 be:

Jan 2/3/4 Union
                      Jan 9+10 @ Wisc
                      Jan 16 BC
                      Jan 17 UML
                      Jan 23+24 @ UVM
                      Jan 30 UMass
                      Feb 2 Beanpot
                      Feb 8 @UML
                      Feb 9 Beanpot
                      Feb 13/14 UNH home and home
                      Feb 20/21 ND
                      Feb 27/28 NU home and home
                      BU has been scheduled to play Northeastern the last weekend of the regular season for the past five seasons and 7 of the past 9. I have followed BU for the past 29 seasons and I would like to see BC at the end of the regular season, like in the past. In the early years of Hockey East, BU and BC met at the end of the season 6 out of the first 7 and 11 of the first 17, but now they haven't played at the end of the season for 13 straight. Below is BU's last regular season opponent since the start of Hockey East:
                      1984-85 BC
                      1985-86 BC
                      1986-87 UML
                      1987-88 BC
                      1988-89 BC
                      1989-90 BC
                      1990-91 BC
                      1991-92 MC
                      1992-93 PC
                      1993-94 PC
                      1994-95 BC
                      1995-96 BC
                      1996-97 UNH
                      1997-98 MC
                      1998-99 BC
                      1999-00 BC
                      2000-01 BC
                      2001-02 Maine
                      2002-03 Maine
                      2003-04 UNH
                      2004-05 UNH
                      2005-06 NU
                      2006-07 NU
                      2007-08 PC
                      2008-09 PC
                      2009-10 NU
                      2010-11 NU
                      2011-12 NU
                      2012-13 NU
                      2013-14 NU

Furthermore, over the last 5 seasons only two other teams, UMass Lowell and Vermont, have played each other 3 times, with the remaining teams not playing any other team more than twice. So there really is no valid reason for BU and NU to always play each other at the end ot the regular season. I hope that in the future BU will play BC again at the end of the regular season, as well as other Hockey East teams

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Sean has a good point

It would be nice to get those Ws earlier in the yr.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                          Furthermore, over the last 5 seasons only two other teams, UMass Lowell and Vermont, have played each other 3 times, with the remaining teams not playing any other team more than twice. So there really is no valid reason for BU and NU to always play each other at the end ot the regular season. I hope that in the future BU will play BC again at the end of the regular season, as well as other Hockey East teams
                          If BU and NU are the only teams playing during the final weekend with this frequency I'm going to assume the two schools have asked HE to schedule them this way, otherwise I don't know why they would have kept doing it while switching up everyone else. If my assumption is correct you may not get your wish as soon as you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            If BU and NU are the only teams playing during the final weekend with this frequency I'm going to assume the two schools have asked HE to schedule them this way, otherwise I don't know why they would have kept doing it while switching up everyone else. If my assumption is correct you may not get your wish as soon as you would like.
                            For what it is worth, I noticed that the Hockey East Schedule really didn't change much from year to year over the past several years. (except for last season when we went to 20 league games) I'm not sure if that was at BU's request, or if the easiest thing for the people creating the schedule to do was to just dust off the previous years schedule, tweak it as needed and then send it out again. Remember when it all of a sudden became a "tradition" for us to play BC on the first weekend of December?

Personally I"d like to see the schedule varied more from year to year as far as when we play people.

Comment

So according to some of the schedule leaks, looks like BC is @ BU while the kids are on break?

That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                So according to some of the schedule leaks, looks like BC is @ BU while the kids are on break?

That sucks.
                                Where did you see this?

Comment

Working...
                                X