Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Bruins season ticket holders are not forced to buy playoff games.......... Patsies season ticket holders are not forced to buy playoff games.........
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Bruins season ticket holders are not forced to buy playoff games.......... Patsies season ticket holders are not forced to buy playoff games.........
      According to the ticket office, they remain optional for BU too.

When the time comes, we will be able to purchase or not purchase.

All is well.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Only because they know they can sell them out anyways. They force you to buy what they can't sell out otherwise (NFL preseason games) if the seating bowl for Bruins playoff games looked like what BU looks like for theirs you can't convince me Jacobs wouldn't be doing everything in his power to force season ticket holders to pay for their seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          Load one batch with all the charges up beforehand and after the 2nd game either push charge all or delete it; the the ticket office staff can go home before the players have taken their skates off. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it is complicated. Holding onto credit money for months shouldn't be the norm for businesses in 2014, in my opinion at least.
          No, I'm saying do what you initially suggested - wait till they make the playoffs at end of season and do 1 charge. Not hold onto money for several months. I just think it will be more trouble than it's worth to do one charge for two games and a second one for the third game, especially when it's over a weekend and the third game isn't known till 9pm-ish or so the night before.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I feel there is too much whining about this. If the cost is so bothersome, don't buy them. Go in to the games you want to go to and buy it at the ticket window. It's pretty simple.

No offense, but this comes off like the elitist attitude the ticket office has for a team that got its @ ss fed to it on a nightly basis last year in front of its fans. The concept of cost vs value needs to enter into the equation, not "we're doing you a favor by taking your money". Fans can rightfully point out the convenience of having season tickets needs to be offset with charging 25 bucks or whatever to watch the Under-18 game or all 3 games of the playoffs which people with lives may not be able to attend.

If BU was banging out the arena full to capacity, hey the market dictates the price. However they're playing to a 1/3rd full arena and still charging NHL level prices for the product, not including screwing fans on parking as well. A little humbleness might go along way towards getting a better fan atmosphere back.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              No offense, but this comes off like the elitist attitude the ticket office has for a team that got its @ ss fed to it on a nightly basis last year in front of its fans. The concept of cost vs value needs to enter into the equation, not "we're doing you a favor by taking your money". Fans can rightfully point out the convenience of having season tickets needs to be offset with charging 25 bucks or whatever to watch the Under-18 game or all 3 games of the playoffs which people with lives may not be able to attend.

If BU was banging out the arena full to capacity, hey the market dictates the price. However they're playing to a 1/3rd full arena and still charging NHL level prices for the product, not including screwing fans on parking as well. A little humbleness might go along way towards getting a better fan atmosphere back.
              Why is that elitist? My point is - season tickets cost x-amount. That's the price. Are they too expensive? Apparently for some people, yes. So, don't buy them. That sends a message. You can still go to games that you want, not worry about paying for tickets to games you don't care to see. Don't come here after deciding to purchase them and ***** and complain that the person next to you only paid $10 because the team is having an off year and the Arena is looking to fill the place. Boo-frickin'-hoo. You didn't know that the team would be having an off year. How AWFUL for you!! You paid $16 more dollars. But because you have season tickets you didn't have to worry about getting a ticket to the BC game that everyone wanted to go to. It's a trade off. If more people give up their seats because they think they cost too much and they're annoyed that they have to pay for playoff tickets up front, they might actually rethink their policy and make the changes that people are crying about.

And NHL level prices? Please. I wish I could pay what I pay for a BU game to go see the Bruins. And park for the same amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Why is that elitist? My point is - season tickets cost x-amount. That's the price. Are they too expensive? Apparently for some people, yes. So, don't buy them. That sends a message. You can still go to games that you want, not worry about paying for tickets to games you don't care to see. Don't come here after deciding to purchase them and ***** and complain that the person next to you only paid $10 because the team is having an off year and the Arena is looking to fill the place. Boo-frickin'-hoo. You didn't know that the team would be having an off year. How AWFUL for you!! You paid $16 more dollars. But because you have season tickets you didn't have to worry about getting a ticket to the BC game that everyone wanted to go to. It's a trade off. If more people give up their seats because they think they cost too much and they're annoyed that they have to pay for playoff tickets up front, they might actually rethink their policy and make the changes that people are crying about.

And NHL level prices? Please. I wish I could pay what I pay for a BU game to go see the Bruins. And park for the same amount.
                I'm not enamored with many aspects of HAA, but after shelling out between $111.00 and $127.00 for a crappy balcony seat to several Bs games this year, I can't, in good conscience, complain too much about BU ticket prices.

$199.00 (young alumni) for a full season of games is ok with me. Plus, 10 years of ya pricing is pretty generous.
                Last edited by RoughEmUp; 05-02-2014, 04:48 PM.
                Go BU!

Comment

Did I mention that playoff tickets are optional again this year (as they should be)? It's also nice that for those who do elect to get them, that they will be invoiced in the spring for them. So the box office seems to be moving in the right direction on this one.

Some of the complaining I think comes from the fact that there was a point in the not too distant future where the price / value made getting season tickets a "no brainier" and they definitely have drifted away from being at that point over time.

Comment

last row in both rinks was a cheaper ticket price for kids for bruins games than bu games

Comment

I'm still wondering why they ardently stick to the single-price system across the entire arena. Why not designate sections in the upper corners as lower priced seats, offer those at a lower season ticket price if they want, but more importantly, offer them as lower single-game price tickets. Use those seats to boost attendance for crappy games by further discounting those (only) and that way the season ticket holders don't have anything to complain about because they paid a little more, but it's for a better seat. Charging the same price for fifth row center ice as last row in the corner is a bit puzzling and probably dissuades some from attending games.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        I'm still wondering why they ardently stick to the single-price system across the entire arena. Why not designate sections in the upper corners as lower priced seats, offer those at a lower season ticket price if they want, but more importantly, offer them as lower single-game price tickets. Use those seats to boost attendance for crappy games by further discounting those (only) and that way the season ticket holders don't have anything to complain about because they paid a little more, but it's for a better seat. Charging the same price for fifth row center ice as last row in the corner is a bit puzzling and probably dissuades some from attending games.
                        The best thing to help attendance will be a winning team. I agree though, I'm not sure why they don't do this. One group I think this could really help with is non-season ticket holder young alumni. I'm trying to picture how many games I would have attended one, two and three years out of college at today's single game ticket prices. I'd guess not very many.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Did I mention that playoff tickets are optional again this year (as they should be)? It's also nice that for those who do elect to get them, that they will be invoiced in the spring for them. So the box office seems to be moving in the right direction on this one.

Some of the complaining I think comes from the fact that there was a point in the not too distant future where the price / value made getting season tickets a "no brainier" and they definitely have drifted away from being at that point over time.
                          You should be happy that you don't have to join the Friends of BU Hockey to be able to purchase season tickets, like North Dakota ($135).

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            You should be happy that you don't have to join the Friends of BU Hockey to be able to purchase season tickets, like North Dakota ($135).

Sean
                            A lot of this stuff will be a product of what the market will bear. I would guess that over the past few years there have been more people opting out of their season tickets than there have been new people wanting season tickets.

I'm not a member of friends of hockey but that is primarily because I'll always make any donations to the friends fund of the sport that I participated in while at BU rather than the hockey program.

I'd hope that if they ever moved towards something like this that they would consider donations to another sport to be equal for the "right to buy" hockey tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              A lot of this stuff will be a product of what the market will bear. I would guess that over the past few years there have been more people opting out of their season tickets than there have been new people wanting season tickets.

I'm not a member of friends of hockey but that is primarily because I'll always make any donations to the friends fund of the sport that I participated in while at BU rather than the hockey program.

I'd hope that if they ever moved towards something like this that they would consider donations to another sport to be equal for the "right to buy" hockey tickets.
                              you get points for giving.
                              but you get points for being a foh
                              points for being a season ticket holder
                              points for playing
                              points for being a bu alum

these 'terrier loyalty points' are the basis for allocating beanpot & ncaa tickets.
                              they were also the basis for picking the seats you wanted when bu moved into haa.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                you get points for giving.
                                but you get points for being a foh
                                points for being a season ticket holder
                                points for playing
                                points for being a bu alum

these 'terrier loyalty points' are the basis for allocating beanpot & ncaa tickets.
                                they were also the basis for picking the seats you wanted when bu moved into haa.
                                I meant if they ever required a donation (as Sean mentioned) that I would hope they would "count" your donation to another sport.

Are these loyalty points worth anything anymore? Does anyone ever actually get turned away for beanpot tickets?

Comment

Working...
                                X