Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    You guys looking for some help on the powerplay?

Hear Mike Sullivan is available, he has a stellar track record the past couple of years.
    He has to get in line behind Sacco waiting for Quinn's call.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

So the 'please renew your season tickets' email arrives, providing us with a taste of next year's schedule. Just a thought: maybe the schedule should precede the email? Tell me what I'm buying beforehand!
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        Eichel signs LOI with BU so the season ticket renewals probably get sent out tomorrow.
        Ha! Only one day off. You can't (or can you?) make this stuff up.

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
          So the 'please renew your season tickets' email arrives, providing us with a taste of next year's schedule. Just a thought: maybe the schedule should precede the email? Tell me what I'm buying beforehand!
          I've always thought they should have the schedule prior to ticket comiemt.

I like the return of the Tuesday before thanksgiving game.

It wasn't clear to me from the website of there is a way to opt out of the hockey east playoff tickets. There is a note that says those will be invoiced later... I just hope they are not mandatory... Hopefully we can opt out.
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-01-2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

22 Hockey East
            2x Beanpot
            2@ Wisco
            @ RPI
            Mich
            MSU
            Union
            Colgate
            Harvard (assume at home)

That would be 32 total, 16 at home (Not counting the Walter Brown Arena game)

2 more to figure out? Sound about right so far?

Comment

On the season tickets... I also liked that they listed complimentary tickets to some basketball games as a benefit. Maurice Watson transferring out is a sting though.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                It wasn't clear to me from the website of there is a way to opt out of the hockey east playoff tickets. There is a note that says those will be invoiced later... I just hope they are not mandatory... Hopefully we can opt out.
                To me it looks like they are mandatory but won't be invoiced until the spring once BU knows how many games they're hosting. That's how it should be done in my opinion at least. You commit do going, BU doesn't have to hold your money for them for almost a year and then deal with all this credit nonsense.

Charge my card for 2 games as soon as BU clinches home ice, charge me for game 3 as soon as game 2 ends and the series is 1-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  To me it looks like they are mandatory but won't be invoiced until the spring once BU knows how many games they're hosting. That's how it should be done in my opinion at least. You commit do going, BU doesn't have to hold your money for them for almost a year and then deal with all this credit nonsense.

Charge my card for 2 games as soon as BU clinches home ice, charge me for game 3 as soon as game 2 ends and the series is 1-1.
                  I sent an email for clarification. Personally I'm hoping they are not "mandatory" and that you can opt out of them.

Comment

I sent an email for clarification. Personally I'm hoping they are not "mandatory" and that you can opt out of them.
                    If you're in town what are the chances you don't go? Do you have plans for either of the two weekends it would be?

Not calling you out specifically, I've just never understood why across the board Hockey East sees an attendance drop for the playoffs, when the games supposedly mean more.

Comment

If you're in town what are the chances you don't go? Do you have plans for either of the two weekends it would be?

Not calling you out specifically, I've just never understood why across the board Hockey East sees an attendance drop for the playoffs, when the games supposedly mean more.
                      Not speaking for anyone else, but for me:

I live 45 minutes out of town, so heading to Agganis 3 nights in a row is a lot. I'm also a skier, and March is typically the best skiing in New England, so I like to have that option open. The financial commitment is not insignificant (now as many as 4 games x 4 seats x $22 per ticket = $352) particularly when my kids like going to the games, but not so much that they want to go 3 nights in a row.

The other thing is that those tickets are easily available, so I almost always go to one of the playoff games, but I'd prefer to just walk up and buy a ticket for what I want to go to, rather than commit to the full playoff schedule 10 months in advance.

Comment

my kids
                        I don't know what "kids" are but I assume it has a lot to do with why you and I make different decisions.

Comment

This is an interesting conversation, one I've had discussions about with certain folks. Mostly because of posters here complaining about how the Arena discounted tickets for certain games after he/she paid full price and how that wasn't good. I see something similar with this playoff ticket situation.

As a season ticket holder, you buy a full season for the guarantee you have a ticket to every game. In a perfect world, the Arena wouldn't have to discount tickets to get butts in the seats, there would be a limited number available for individual game and same day purchases. That's why you get season tickets, to not have to worry about it, to have your seat in the Arena. That's why it doesn't bother me personally when the Arena did those discounted seats. I didn't have to worry about the extra time to go buy one, worry if there would be one available and where it would be. It's the tradeoff I make.

Same with the playoff tickets. I'd rather know I have them. If I don't go, that's on me. I do like the idea of them not charging you till they know, but I really think asking them to only charge for two, then the third, is too much to ask for. Too confusing for everyone all around.

I feel there is too much whining about this. If the cost is so bothersome, don't buy them. Go in to the games you want to go to and buy it at the ticket window. It's pretty simple.

Comment

I don't know what "kids" are but I assume it has a lot to do with why you and I make different decisions.
                            Believe me, you haven't lived until you have tried to help a 5 year old manage his assortment of chicken finger dipping sauces in the stadium seats at a game!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              This is an interesting conversation, one I've had discussions about with certain folks. Mostly because of posters here complaining about how the Arena discounted tickets for certain games after he/she paid full price and how that wasn't good. I see something similar with this playoff ticket situation.

As a season ticket holder, you buy a full season for the guarantee you have a ticket to every game. In a perfect world, the Arena wouldn't have to discount tickets to get butts in the seats, there would be a limited number available for individual game and same day purchases. That's why you get season tickets, to not have to worry about it, to have your seat in the Arena. That's why it doesn't bother me personally when the Arena did those discounted seats. I didn't have to worry about the extra time to go buy one, worry if there would be one available and where it would be. It's the tradeoff I make.

Same with the playoff tickets. I'd rather know I have them. If I don't go, that's on me. I do like the idea of them not charging you till they know, but I really think asking them to only charge for two, then the third, is too much to ask for. Too confusing for everyone all around.

I feel there is too much whining about this. If the cost is so bothersome, don't buy them. Go in to the games you want to go to and buy it at the ticket window. It's pretty simple.
                              I've had no issue with the discounted tickets... I also don't think the simple question "Would you like to purchase playoff tickets in advance" is all that confusing for anyone.

Automatically including them in the package is a increased expense that has to be taken into consideration that may or may not affect people deciding to purchase season tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I do like the idea of them not charging you till they know, but I really think asking them to only charge for two, then the third, is too much to ask for. Too confusing for everyone all around.
                                Load one batch with all the charges up beforehand and after the 2nd game either push charge all or delete it; the the ticket office staff can go home before the players have taken their skates off. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it is complicated. Holding onto credit money for months shouldn't be the norm for businesses in 2014, in my opinion at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X