Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
    I realize you probably weren't legitimately asking what happened to him but it appears he is in the ECHL with the Toledo Walleye
    Apparently a Walleye is a fish because I had to look that up too once I saw the team name. 15 assists in 47 games, -13 +/- isn't exactly lighting it up though
    Yeah, he's in Toledo. I saw him play during the New Years' Eve game in my home town of Ft. Wayne (go Komets!) and he was rather unremarkable. It was fun to cheer against him.

And walleye are good lake fish for eatin.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
      And walleye are good lake fish for eatin.
      mookie can't believe he didn't know what a walleye is?!?!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Wow

Since nov bu is (wait for it) ----

1-14-3

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Wow

1-14-3

That's Alabama-Huntsville territory. My God.

And thanks for fixing my math Mookie. Math is hard.

BU Hockey: 9 in a Row Coming Up!
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Wow

1-14-3

Peaking in Nov is so UNH.

Remember when BU used to peak right around the 2nd Monday in February before nosediving? It's not the same without a proper GroundDog Day and the March hanger-ons that found the 1 permutation of results out of 6 million possibilities that would get BU in the NCAAs.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Remember when BU used to peak right around the 2nd Monday in February before nosediving? It's not the same without a proper GroundDog Day and the March hanger-ons that found the 1 permutation of results out of 6 million possibilities that would get BU in the NCAAs.
              You laugh ()
              But a slow day at work had Mookie going through spreadsheets and I found one from last season that I does and updated pwr based on outcomes. If Merrimack had won one more game dying the yr bu was in

Comment

Remember when BU used to peak right around the 2nd Monday in February before nosediving? It's not the same without a proper GroundDog Day and the March hanger-ons that found the 1 permutation of results out of 6 million possibilities that'd would get BU in the NCAAs.
                The BC guys love to say that and it has absolutely no basis in fact. I have followed BU since 1971 and if anything they have been slow starters who come on strong at Beanpot time and finish the reg season strong certainly was the case up through the mid 2000s . Total fallacy by BC fans like Mav and Westy St whos history go way back to the 2000 season . And as everyone knows I never pass up a chance to slam this program

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  The BC guys love to say that and it has absolutely no basis in fact. I have followed BU since 1971 and if anything they have been slow starters who come on strong at Beanpot time and finish the reg season strong certainly was the case up through the mid 2000s . Total fallacy by BC fans like Mav and Westy St whos history go way back to the 2000 season . And as everyone knows I never pass up a chance to slam this program
                  First Jofa post I've liked in a long time! Nice job!

Hey, Mookie, get a ****ing life!

#46 in the power, #1 in your heart.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    First Jofa post I've liked in a long time! Nice job!

Hey, Mookie, get a ****ing life!

#46 in the power, #1 in your heart.
                    Cheers to that. Good point Jofa.

Bomber.... Pssst... It's "Pairwise" not "power"

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Bomber.... Pssst... It's "Pairwise" not "power"
                      newbies....

Comment

No basis in fact.

1998-1999
                        Win % through BP: .444
                        Post BP Win %: .333
                        Trophies won after BP: 0

1999-2000
                        Win % through BP: .709
                        Post BP Win %: .590

2001-2002
                        Win % through BP: .714
                        Post BP Win %: .650

2002-2003
                        Win % through BP: .633
                        Post BP Win %: .625

2004-2005
                        Post BP Win %: .545

2005-2006
                        Win % through BP: .678
                        Post BP Win %: .750
                        Trophies won after BP: 1

2006-2007
                        Win % through BP: .689
                        Post BP Win %: .450

These seasons all saw a drop in win % after a victory on the 2nd Monday in February with the exception of 1 season, the one season they grabbed postseason hardware (hooray we peaked in March!). Combined record after the BP vs teams over .500 of these BU teams listed: 19-24-7.

fal·la·cy
                        [fal-uh-see]
                        noun, plural fal·la·cies.
                        1. a deceptive, misleading, or false notion, belief, etc.: That the world is flat was at one time a popular fallacy.
                        2. a misleading or unsound argument.
                        3. deceptive, misleading, or false nature; erroneousness.
                        4. Logic. any of various types of erroneous reasoning that render arguments logically unsound.
                        5.Obsolete , deception.

RIGHT!
                        Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 02-27-2014, 08:33 PM.
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Hey Jofa, Do you like apples?

http://cursivecontent.com/wp-content...hem-apples.png

Comment

No basis in fact.

1998-1999
                            Win % through BP: .444
                            Post BP Win %: .333

1999-2000
                            Win % through BP: .709
                            Post BP Win %: .590

2001-2002
                            Win % through BP: .714
                            Post BP Win %: .650

2002-2003
                            Post BP Win %: .625

2004-2005
                            Post BP Win %: .545

2005-2006
                            Win % through BP: .678
                            Post BP Win %: .750
                            Trophies won after BP: 1
                            I
                            2006-2007
                            Win % through BP: .689
                            Post BP Win %: .450

These seasons all saw a drop in win % after a victory on the 2nd Monday in February with the exception of 1 season, the one season they grabbed postseason hardware (hooray we peaked in March!). Combined record after the BP vs teams over .500 of these BU teams listed: 19-24-7.

fal·la·cy
                            [fal-uh-see]
                            noun, plural fal·la·cies.
                            1. a deceptive, misleading, or false notion, belief, etc.: That the world is flat was at one time a popular fallacy.
                            2. a misleading or unsound argument.
                            3. deceptive, misleading, or false nature; erroneousness.
                            4. Logic. any of various types of erroneous reasoning that render arguments logically unsound.
                            5.Obsolete , deception.

RIGHT!
                            As I said your history goes back to 2000 talk about a newbie ! See you had another busy day at work today? Teller window slow ? Oh no sorry that's your buddy . Actually I don't see any post Beanpot "nosedives" except from the already awful 99 team. 600 winning pct isn't a nosedive. Psst "we already knew there werent any trophies" . So just to be clear to all, the "successful" BC grad spent his day looking at every BU score over 7 seasons and the record of their opponents that they were playing . Bravo Mav!
                            Last edited by Jofa; 02-27-2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Do you think college hockey was invented in 1998? Now go wipe the snot from your nose spanky .

Comment

Do you think college hockey was invented in 1998? Now go wipe the snot from your nose spanky .
                                Who are you and what have you done with Jofa?!

Comment

Working...
                                X