Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Mike79 View Post
    I heard Carrabino and Collier
    Odd that he'd cut the transfer D who didn't play. He must not have had good practice sessions. 6-6 D don't come along every day.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Odd that he'd cut the transfer D who didn't play. He must not have had good practice sessions. 6-6 D don't come along every day.
      when did he transfer? was it when parker was still head coach?

looks like the BC blogger had the right info about the new coaching staff for BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

looks like the BC blogger had the right info about the new coaching staff for BU.
        I believe he arrived on campus last fall but sat out all season because of transferring.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          I believe he arrived on campus last fall but sat out all season because of transferring.
          IIRC he announced he was transferring after Quinn took over, but at around the same time, so almost all of his conversations before deciding to come here were with the Parker, Bavis, Powers regime.

Either way, he had dressed for just 3 games in 2 years in the ECAC so could not have been promised much by anyone at BU.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Carrabino also only played 3 games in 2012-13 w/ Clarkson prior to transferring. Almost no game action in 2+ years. Also wonder if based on what Carrabino showed during practices this season and evaluated against returning plus incoming blue line talent, Quinn perhaps thought he wouldn't be much more than an 8th/9th d-man next season and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              IIRC he announced he was transferring after Quinn took over, but at around the same time, so almost all of his conversations before deciding to come here were with the Parker, Bavis, Powers regime.

Either way, he had dressed for just 3 games in 2 years in the ECAC so could not have been promised much by anyone at BU.
              That's pretty much how I remember it too. I didn't realize he had dressed for so few games though. (For Clarkson I think???). He couldn't have had a scholarship could he?

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                That explains why, with three defensemen--MacLeod, Hickey and Diffley--already committed for next season, BU added 6-4, 215 recruited walk-on Ori Abramson in January.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

If Collier is accurate, I'm a little surprised. He seemed to elevate his game in the last couple months. But I suppose on a talented team he was still destimed to be a 3rd-4th line guy, and for some guys, the talent and line slotting aren't a good fit.

Having been drafted, I would expect he will get other opportunities in D-1.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

will the Kid pleeeeeeeeaaaasse confirm the cuts
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

this was interesting to mookie.

san antonio rampage had these teammates this season.

ryan whitney (dob 2/19/83)
                      matt gilroy (dob 7/20/84)
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                        Harvard has always been that way (otherwise Drury would have gone there) so I have to assume he knew that.

What are the chances BU increased their financial commitment to the hockey program?
                        Speaking of Harvard, is Donato still there? He's got to have pictures of someone at this point.
                        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

RE https://twitter.com/Jack_Eichel11/st...13996323565568
                          Last edited by Bonino13; 04-29-2014, 08:20 PM.
                          2009 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
                          2009 Northeast Regional Champs
                          2009 Beanpot Champions
                          2009 Hockey East Regular Season Champs
                          2009 Hockey East Champions
                          Ice Breaker Champs
                          Denver Cup Champs

29 Beanpots and counting

GO BU

Comment

Eichel signs LOI with BU so the season ticket renewals probably get sent out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                              Eichel signs LOI with BU so the season ticket renewals probably get sent out tomorrow.
                              Season ticket holder ticket price for next season will be $24.03

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...draft-prospect

Story on Eichel signing LOI, including info on Saint John GM open to trading Eichel's rights. Nothing is set in stone, but it's becoming more likely by the day Eichel ends up at BU.
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X