Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Thanks Sean. I do remember the semi final game, but not the next games at WBA. Most likely I was at at least one of them, but it does not stick out in my mind.
    Maybe this will help you remember. I believe it was the first home game of the year, if it wasn't, this much I know for sure - BU blew a big lead, like 5 goals or something. And they did the same thing against Michigan around a month later (or maybe the Michigan game was first). I remember the Michigan game better, since BU had something like 6 goals with lots of time left in the first - I was chanting "lets get 40". Then BU fell apart. Two terrible blown leads in the first few games of the season. We thought the pre-season #1 ranking had gone to their head. They of course righted the ship and came within a whisker of winning the whole darn thing.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Maybe this will help you remember. I believe it was the first home game of the year, if it wasn't, this much I know for sure - BU blew a big lead, like 5 goals or something. And they did the same thing against Michigan around a month later (or maybe the Michigan game was first). I remember the Michigan game better, since BU had something like 6 goals with lots of time left in the first - I was chanting "lets get 40". Then BU fell apart. Two terrible blown leads in the first few games of the season. We thought the pre-season #1 ranking had gone to their head. They of course righted the ship and came within a whisker of winning the whole darn thing.
      I remember the Michigan game for sure. IIRC, Michigan pulled their goalie early, and we scored again very soon after the change, before Michigan started their comeback.

I'd guess I didn't happen to be at the Colgate game, although I would have been at most of the home games that season.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Any speculation on the remaining games? Do we owe a return visit to Dartmouth? Will we keep on with the long term Harvard series? Will we have an AHA team on the schedule (perhaps Holy Cross again)? I know an OOC game against a. Hockey East team was mentioned. If they do that I'd hope there is at least some sort of semi interesting twist to it.... Maine at Portland or something like that.

I noticed there are only 15 regular season home games scheduled right now ( assuming HEA schedule is 11 at home and 11 away) which seems light doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          I noticed there are only 15 regular season home games scheduled right now ( assuming HEA schedule is 11 at home and 11 away) which seems light doesn't it?
          BU has averaged just over 16 regular season and 1 exhibition game each season since HAA opened. I would expect an additional regular season and an exhibition game to be added to the schedule. Or, if you go by the last two seasons, 2 additional regular season games plus exhibition game.

Scheduled regular season games since HAA opened:
          2004-05 9 (+ 9 reg and 1 exh. at WBA)
          2005-06 16 (+ 2 exh.)
          2006-07 16 (+ 1 exh.)
          2007-08 15 (+ 1 exh.)
          2008-09 19 (includes Ice Breaker)(+ 1 exh.)
          2009-10 16 (+ 2 exh.)
          2010-11 16 (+ 1 exh. and 1 exh. canceled)
          2011-12 15 (+ 2 exh.)
          2012-13 17 (+ 1 exh.)
          2013-14 17 (+ 1 exh.)

Sean
          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 04-27-2014, 05:31 PM.
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Any news at the banquet about Powers retiring and bringing in Albie O'Connell

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

The two games were very similar. BU blows Colgate/Michigan out of the tub in the first period, they gradually creep back into the games and win. Glad I wasn't in the locker room after either game.
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                Any news at the banquet about Powers retiring and bringing in Albie O'Connell
                Neither of them were there so I assume it's probably close to a done deal but it hasn't been finalized so they couldn't say anything. Same with Scott Young coming in as director of hockey ops
                GO BU

Comment

Nieto's first playoff goal (video) with his father in attendance and feature story in The Hockey News.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    Changes to next season's schedule? Coaching staff? Ticket Prices? Returning, or non-returning players?
                    Roster "realignment" appears to be coming soon.
                    http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...-cuts-for.html

And one of the staff changes will be official next week.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Nice to see BU guys tearing it up in the NHL playoffs.

Glory... Glory...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Can Quinn make some cuts to the BC roster too? Please?

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                        Nice to see BU guys tearing it up in the NHL playoffs.

Glory... Glory...
                        I wonder if Jofa still thinks Coyle is a 'dog with fleas.'
                        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 04-25-2014, 09:37 AM.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Can Quinn make some cuts to the BC roster too? Please?
                          Nick, who would be your choices to be "Felix Ungered"?
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            Nick, who would be your choices to be "Felix Ungered"?
                            Just about the entire junior and senior classes?

Don't get me wrong, they work hard, represent BC well, etc... but... from pure on ice standpoint...

Quinn getting massive commitments just in pure numbers, purging the roster, etc... you can see the swell from BU is coming and it's going to happen quickly.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Just about the entire junior and senior classes?

Don't get me wrong, they work hard, represent BC well, etc... but... from pure on ice standpoint...

Quinn getting massive commitments just in pure numbers, purging the roster, etc... you can see the swell from BU is coming and it's going to happen quickly.
                              Or the churn from guys who are 1-2 year guys for a team that is desperately searching for an identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Who will the "realigned" players be? Any guesses?

Comment

Working...
                                X