Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Eric Gryba and Nathan Gerbe with matching roughing penalties in last night's Ottawa - Carolina game.

Is Gryba's wrist still attached to his arm?
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Nineteen years ago. NINETEEN!!! Where the heck does the time go?? Thanks to Rogie posting it in his blog. And Kenny Rausch for remembering on Twitter. Great tournament. Big win. Ah, memories.

Comment

If we are to believe the BC Twitter Kid (who has been wrong multiple times in the past) we have two new.....coaches. Albie and Scott Young. Presumably would be replacing Buddy and Pertti.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

lol

whether you can admit it or not, he's right far more often than not

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            If we are to believe the BC Twitter Kid (who has been wrong multiple times in the past) we have two new.....coaches. Albie and Scott Young. Presumably would be replacing Buddy and Pertti.
            I was told this as well......

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Haven't heard anything else to confirm nor refute this. Regardless of what we might think of the BC twitter kid, I'm well-aware his 2 sources are very well connected to both BU (extended family) & BC (immediate family) programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                did Young's kid graduate hs already?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Who's "Pertti?" Is that a nickname for Steve Greeley or Mike Geragosian?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                    Who's "Pertti?" Is that a nickname for Steve Greeley or Mike Geragosian?
                    He is director of hockey operations.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If we are to believe the BC Twitter Kid (who has been wrong multiple times in the past)
                      *insert butthurt form here*

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        *insert butthurt form here*
                        Charlie Coyle isn't leaving, he told me so!
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          lol

whether you can admit it or not, he's right far more often than not
                          He is right 90+% of the time, so when he breaks something it is likely happening. When McMahon or the like break something you basically know it is happening or they wouldn't put their name behind it.

That said I believe this is in the 90% of the time for him, not the 10% he is wrong, and I am a huge fan of the moves. Having a star player who went to your school, then to the NHL where he scored over 750 points, won 2 Stanley Cups, and participated in 3 Olympics where he took home a silver medal as the 5th member of your coaching staff is unreal.

I think the staff as it is now assembled is now the best recruiting lineup in the nation (especially once you factor in that kids committing now will have serious doubts York will be around for their 4 years). Take last year's results and toss in the aforementioned NHL resume and the guy who got Gillies and Gaudreau to commit to NU (and he had left before they decommitted). This has the potential to be fun.

Comment

Absolutely true. Great moves for BU. Just bringing Albie over should be great considering his recruiting at Northeastern (before they got caught for cheating, or was that just Roid Rage Cro?).

No more Jurassic Park(er) and company behind the bench. I think this younger staff will do well. In a few years BC will have to up the ante.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              He is right 90+% of the time, so when he breaks something it is likely happening. When McMahon or the like break something you basically know it is happening or they wouldn't put their name behind it.

That said I believe this is in the 90% of the time for him, not the 10% he is wrong, and I am a huge fan of the moves. Having a star player who went to your school, then to the NHL where he scored over 750 points, won 2 Stanley Cups, and participated in 3 Olympics where he took home a silver medal as the 5th member of your coaching staff is unreal.

I think the staff as it is now assembled is now the best recruiting lineup in the nation (especially once you factor in that kids committing now will have serious doubts York will be around for their 4 years). Take last year's results and toss in the aforementioned NHL resume and the guy who got Gillies and Gaudreau to commit to NU (and he had left before they decommitted). This has the potential to be fun.
                              As Director of Hockey Ops, is Young permitted to have contact with recruits? Can he play any role in the recruiting process? Is recruiting restricted to coaches?
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                                As Director of Hockey Ops, is Young permitted to have contact with recruits? Can he play any role in the recruiting process? Is recruiting restricted to coaches?
                                As I understand the role he is subjected to the same recruiting restrictions as the rest of the staff, although it is my belief he would be unlikely to participate much off site and most (all?) of his contact would be when the recruits visit BU.
                                Last edited by Agganis; 04-04-2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X