Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    I agree I'm skeptical at how successful a PC, Brown, western team, BU/BC thing would be. I might go down to see the western team game, but I'm not sure id drive down a second night in a row to see them play Brown or PC.
    Agreed on this, I honestly think the hindrance here is Brown and PC - it's appealing to no one. Minnesota fans aren't going to say "Yeah! Let's fly out and see them play Providence!" And many BU/BC fans aren't going to say, "Yeah! Let's drive down to the Dunk and see them play Brown!" In terms of sheer fan appeal this tournament would be heavily skewed towards the two teams not hosting, and only one of the four games would likely have much brand name sex appeal - usually not a formula for success. Perhaps a smaller venue than a cavernous (and old) 12K arena? Don't know if that exists anywhere down there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Attendance tonight = 2633

Too bad this happens when the students are on break.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Perhaps a smaller venue than a cavernous (and old) 12K arena? Don't know if that exists anywhere down there.
        Frozen McCoy Stadium!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          And we got listen to "Lets go Eagles" and "SuxToBU" all night. Seriously I watched five games all year and I'm still mad they gagged so badly.
          huh? no comprende

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            huh? no comprende
            American university, who BU played in the patriot league championship are also the eagles.

Comment

Glad to read Joe Jones acknowledged that his team collapsed under the weight of the moment. Can they re-group for a decent NIT showing?
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

I've watched like 3 mens b-ball games in three years on TV, and every time, they shoot like 20%. FIrst one was that NCAA game against Kansas. I'll stop watching for their sake.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  American university, who BU played in the patriot league championship are also the eagles.
                  lol, ok. Don't they know about plagiarism?

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    lol, ok. Don't they know about plagiarism?
                    They also started a "BC rejects" cheer.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      They also started a "BC rejects" cheer.
                      Can we start the conspiracy theories that these were BC superfans that showed up just to dump on BU? Usually these theories would have been put out there hours ago. Where's mookie in his tin foil hat?

Friggin slackers.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Can we start the conspiracy theories that these were BC superfans that showed up just to dump on BU? Usually these theories would have been put out there hours ago. Where's mookie in his tin foil hat?

Friggin slackers.
                        Super fans went to greensboro to scout the locker rooms before makin their bets. Last chance to bet bball with inside info this year
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Glad to read Joe Jones acknowledged that his team collapsed under the weight of the moment. Can they re-group for a decent NIT showing?
                          Everything Jones says I like. Guy has a great manner I hope he stays around for a while longer

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                            Everything Jones says I like. Guy has a great manner I hope he stays around for a while longer
                            I went to Saturday's game and sat behind the BU bench. He was very interesting to watch during the game. I really liked what I saw. Met him briefly at that alumni Meet the Coaches event last summer and he was super friendly.

Comment

Yep, he's a keeper. Now if they could just figure out how to get last nights crowd at every game. I'm just asking for 2800.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                I have heard that he will. He was an assistant at BC and was very happy that this job opened up (when Pat Chambers left to take the Penn State job AFTER signing a contract extension at BU) because, for one reason, his kids were in the school system and he wouldn't have to make them move. He's also a little older and understands that the next "dream" job won't always be what it's cracked up to be. After seven years at Columbia (where sports are even less important than BU), he realizes that the grass is not always greener. I believe that he may be around for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X