Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Also as mentioned, if it were pre-determined opponents that would eliminate the consolation game issue... although that somehow makes it seem like less of a tournamet which is a negative in some ways.
    Personally the loss of tournament feel doesn't really bother me. It's not like this trophy is going to be the crown jewel of a trophy case ever. The only in season tournaments that have historical significance are GLI and BP, this won't make it 3 no matter what the format. I'd just enjoy seeing them play some different and nearby OOC games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      Personally the loss of tournament feel doesn't really bother me. It's not like this trophy is going to be the crown jewel of a trophy case ever. The only in season tournaments that have historical significance are GLI and BP, this won't make it 3 no matter what the format. I'd just enjoy seeing them play some different and nearby OOC games.
      exactly.
      not a tournament. call it a festival

pc and bron want their mayors cup, but with partners.

this is NOT included in our season ticket package!!

$35 is probably not going to get a full bldg, unless that is for both nights.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

don't think bu is putting up 91 tonight

Comment

Eh, it was a fun run.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
            If it was BU's choice they would have a home and home series with Cornell rather than MSG
            isn't it partly BU's choice? or are you saying that cornell wants the game at MSG and rather than not play cornell at all, bu goes along with it?

and this idea of BU teaming up with pc and brown on a tourney seems pretty random to me, but there might be a connection i'm not aware of. with the beanpot, i'm just not sure how successful something like this would be (and that includes bc being a part of it).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              pretty sure ylae has been up recently.
              love it

Comment

don't think bu is putting up 91 tonight
                Eeesh, sounds ugly on the Gamecast. Steal . . . missed jumper . . . turnover . . . missed jumper . . . 31-24 w/13 min left in the game.
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                  Eeesh, sounds ugly on the Gamecast. Steal . . . missed jumper . . . turnover . . . missed jumper . . . 31-24 w/13 min left in the game.
                  32% shooting
                  1-13 from 3pt line

it is on cbs sports net if you want to suffer along with

Comment

Epic choke job at Agganis tonight. They completely shat down their legs.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

They're were tight from the get go and it only got worse. I guess when your used to playing in front of 1200 fans.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

hey, we got to hear "thank you seniors" one last time

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          They're were tight from the get go and it only got worse. I guess when your used to playing in front of 1200 fans.
                          DJ 2 pts wow team really tightened up Maybe they can win an NIT game. Jamie Erdahl whooping it up on twitter to make it worse

Comment

And we got listen to "Lets go Eagles" and "SuxToBU" all night. Seriously I watched five games all year and I'm still mad they gagged so badly.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              this is NOT included in our season ticket package!!
                              No but as season ticket holders we would have the opportunity to purchase this through BU. What I'm saying is that I bet you would have to buy both games of the tournament. Just like you can't tell BU that you only want one if the two beanpot nights.

$35 is probably not going to get a full bldg, unless that is for both nights.
                              True, but I'd guess they wouldn't be much less than that. The Dunk isn't going to be charging eighteen bucks for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                isn't it partly BU's choice? or are you saying that cornell wants the game at MSG and rather than not play cornell at all, bu goes along with it?

and this idea of BU teaming up with pc and brown on a tourney seems pretty random to me, but there might be a connection i'm not aware of. with the beanpot, i'm just not sure how successful something like this would be (and that includes bc being a part of it).
                                I don't know if it's correct that BU would prefer a home and home thing (it may be true). I think the original plan was a three game series at MSG, at BU, at Cornell, but then the MSG thing became wildly successful.

I agree I'm skeptical at how successful a PC, Brown, western team, BU/BC thing would be. I might go down to see the western team game, but I'm not sure id drive down a second night in a row to see them play Brown or PC.

Comment

Working...
                                X