Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Yes Cornell is playing Penn State this upcoming season at MSG
    Hey, that's our gig!!
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

If it was BU's choice they would have a home and home series with Cornell rather than MSG

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        Well, since BU can't win the Beanpot anymore........

The real reason why Parker is out as coach.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          Pretty certain BU would just be a first-year participant, providing that first year is 2014. This event was created to replace/expand upon the annual Mayor's Cup game between PC and Brown.
          Brown and PC struggle to get 2K fans that weekend. In order for this tournament to work in a 12,000 seat arena they probably need BU (in non RHH years) and BC (in RHH years) to alternate years as the "3rd" team, with a major B1G or NCHC team as the 4th team.

I wouldn't hate it if BU spent every Thanksgiving weekend in either NYC or Providence every year, assuming this has a 2 day combined attendance in the 15-20K range.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            Brown and PC struggle to get 2K fans that weekend. In order for this tournament to work in a 12,000 seat arena they probably need BU (in non RHH years) and BC (in RHH years) to alternate years as the "3rd" team, with a major B1G or NCHC team as the 4th team.

I wouldn't hate it if BU spent every Thanksgiving weekend in either NYC or Providence every year, assuming this has a 2 day combined attendance in the 15-20K range.
            For a western school, Providence isn't the easiest/least expensive/desirable place to get to for their fans, at least compared to Boston so that fourth team would have to come from a very short list of schools who'd help drum up attendance, since as stated above, Brown and PC aren't exactly world-beaters, and BU fans aren't necessarily going to flock down to Providence to see another game against PC, or see us play Brown. Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, maybe Denver or Michigan State. Other than that, this tournament is looking squarely at playing in front of a third-full arena at best.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              Well, since BU can't win the Beanpot anymore........
              Oh quiet you!!! Shouldn't you be getting some soup and preparing for nap time
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If this is set where PC-bron have their game and bu or bc play the guest. Then 2nd night bu/bc play bron and PC plays guest that would work.

I have no desire to play any more hea ooc than necessary. Beanpot is enough with nu/bc beanpot games.

Mookie loves providence and would prolly stay downtown for the weekend.

DQ is from there and would go for it I'd guess if presented like I did without having to waste games against prov & bc
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  If this is set where PC-bron have their game and bu or bc play the guest. Then 2nd night bu/bc play bron and PC plays guest that would work.

I have no desire to play any more hea ooc than necessary. Beanpot is enough with nu/bc beanpot games.

Mookie loves providence and would prolly stay downtown for the weekend.

DQ is from there and would go for it I'd guess if presented like I did without having to waste games against prov & bc
                  My fiancée lives 10 minutes from the Dunk. At rush hour!
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    For a western school, Providence isn't the easiest/least expensive/desirable place to get to for their fans, at least compared to Boston so that fourth team would have to come from a very short list of schools who'd help drum up attendance, since as stated above, Brown and PC aren't exactly world-beaters, and BU fans aren't necessarily going to flock down to Providence to see another game against PC, or see us play Brown. Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, maybe Denver or Michigan State. Other than that, this tournament is looking squarely at playing in front of a third-full arena at best.
                    I'd rather BU just have a decent OOC home game that weekend on the non RHH years.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      I'd rather BU just have a decent OOC home game that weekend on the non RHH years.
                      Me too, though in fairness, that weekend a lot of people are out of town anyways, and all students are essentially kicked off campus, so home attendance would be weak. If this "tournament" guaranteed a game against a B1G or big-time NCHC opponent, and would include a second game against Brown (read - set two-game schedule, not a bracket) that would be a good option. Otherwise, take the slot and schedule a big name opponent on another weekend, and play Brown at home on Thanksgiving.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        The problem is they usually don't have a decent OOC home game that weekend. St. Lawrence X2 and Brown the last 3 times. Never have drawn better than 5300. If I had a choice of playing Brown at Agganis with no students or play Minnesota in Providence at the dunk, it is a pretty easy choice.
                        GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                          The problem is they usually don't have a decent OOC home game that weekend. St. Lawrence X2 and Brown the last 3 times. Never have drawn better than 5300. If I had a choice of playing Brown at Agganis with no students or play Minnesota in Providence at the dunk, it is a pretty easy choice.
                          Well... maybe Minnesota (or someone else) in Providence, also with no students, and likely higher priced tickets. With another OOC game guaranteed to play Brown or Providence, also with no students, and likely higher priced tickets.

I could see them selling these tickets to season ticket holders as a package at $35+ per ticket. So if we lose the first night, we get a consolation game that we have already bought a ticket for.

Meh... I'll take St Lawrence at home.

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                            Also any big school (ie: higher profile than Brown and SLU) requires a return trip and money out of BU's budget to finance said trip. A tourney like this where all teams split the revenue and BU gets a local, neutral site OOC game against a top team and doesn't owe anything back would be a big postivie financially... and finances are one of the top priorities in "amateur" sports.

The "consolation" game wouldn't be as sparsely attended as the Beanpot because a holiday weekend afternoon doesn't have the same scheduling issues as a workday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Me too, though in fairness, that weekend a lot of people are out of town anyways, and all students are essentially kicked off campus, so home attendance would be weak. If this "tournament" guaranteed a game against a B1G or big-time NCHC opponent, and would include a second game against Brown (read - set two-game schedule, not a bracket) that would be a good option. Otherwise, take the slot and schedule a big name opponent on another weekend, and play Brown at home on Thanksgiving.
                              The setup according to the article is PC to play Brown in the first round while BU would play a western squad in the opening round. In the second round, what I would do is have Brown play BU and PC play the Western School to stay away from HE on HE crime!
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                                Also any big school (ie: higher profile than Brown and SLU) requires a return trip and money out of BU's budget to finance said trip. A tourney like this where all teams split the revenue and BU gets a local, neutral site OOC game against a top team and doesn't owe anything back would be a big postivie financially... and finances are one of the top priorities in "amateur" sports.

The "consolation" game wouldn't be as sparsely attended as the Beanpot because a holiday weekend afternoon doesn't have the same scheduling issues as a workday afternoon.
                                Also as mentioned, if it were pre-determined opponents that would eliminate the consolation game issue... although that somehow makes it seem like less of a tournamet which is a negative in some ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X