Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    2 @ Wisconsin
    Harvard is Beanpot opener so we likely won't schedule a second with them, especially since we can't beat them.
    2 ? I know this stuff is setup well in advance but a few teams come to mind: quinnipiac, Yale, and princeton in the east. St. Cloud and ferris out west. Just thinking of teams I don't believe BU has scheduled in the last 8+ years I've had tickets.

The Q I don't understand since it's now a solid program and fairly close.
    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
      2 ? I know this stuff is setup well in advance but a few teams come to mind: quinnipiac, Yale, and princeton in the east. St. Cloud and ferris out west. Just thinking of teams I don't believe BU has scheduled in the last 8+ years I've had tickets.

pretty sure ylae has been up recently. mookie however wants to go see a game in new haven.

anyone taking a guess what mike moran will get off eichel to hand over #11?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post

Yale was here in 2007. They would be due for a visit although ivy teams don't get too many OOC opportunities.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

I went to a BU-Yale game at the Whale pre kids. When was that? I think it was a. 1-1 tie. #ILikeStories

Yep. Time to schedule the Q.

Who's going to the game tomorrow? I think I'm going to justify the price by reminding myself I went to two hoop games for free.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            I went to a BU-Yale game at the Whale pre kids. When was that? I think it was a. 1-1 tie. #ILikeStories

Yep. Time to schedule the Q.

Who's going to the game tomorrow? I think I'm going to justify the price by reminding myself I went to two hoop games for free.
            tv for mookie.

got a dentist cleaning so i'm working from the house and won't be near boston proper.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Mike79 View Post
              How many games can you remember in the last two years that BU didn't play well, but a goalie won for us? Not many
              When North Dakota put up like 85,000 shots in game two of the series this year. When Maguire stopped 44 shots against BC in the HE semis last year and kept us close to allow the barrage of 2nd and 3rd period goals to happen.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post

The plan, as I heard it is Wisc comes here plays, BU and BC, we go to Wisconsin and play two, they come back, play BU and BC, BC goes there and plays two, in consecutive years. I believe there is some type of informal HE-B1G scheduling agreement in place. Perhaps a Penn State game? I hear theyre playing Cornell at MSG this year.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  pretty sure ylae has been up recently. mookie however wants to go see a game in new haven.

BC did a H/H with ylae* a couple of years ago with the game at the ylae* whale on Balck Friday, was an awesome time hope BC does it agian.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    The plan, as I heard it is Wisc comes here plays, BU and BC, we go to Wisconsin and play two, they come back, play BU and BC, BC goes there and plays two, in consecutive years.
                    Actually now that you mention that, I remember that as well. Not sure if it is 100% accurate but it makes sense and similar has been done before.

So:

22 league games
                    Michigan
                    Michigan State
                    @ Wisco x 2
                    Beanpot x 2

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      The plan, as I heard it is Wisc comes here plays, BU and BC, we go to Wisconsin and play two, they come back, play BU and BC, BC goes there and plays two, in consecutive years. I believe there is some type of informal HE-B1G scheduling agreement in place. Perhaps a Penn State game? I hear theyre playing Cornell at MSG this year.
                      Yes Cornell is playing Penn State this upcoming season at MSG
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

There is a rumor that BU, PC, Brown, and a guest school want to hold a yearly tourney around thanksgiving at the Dunkin Donuts Center very soon.
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          There is a rumor that BU, PC, Brown, and a guest school want to hold a yearly tourney around thanksgiving at the Dunkin Donuts Center very soon.
                          http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...-the-works.ece

Comment

Well, since BU can't win the Beanpot anymore........
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

You sure that BU would be included in that yearly? Thanksgiving weekend is when the bi-annual Cornell game is, and as long as that continues to sellout, or comes close, that ain't going anywhere. Plus, would BU want two yearly tournaments on their schedule each season? Still a pretty good idea if two solid HE/B1G teams would participate each season.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                You sure that BU would be included in that yearly? Thanksgiving weekend is when the bi-annual Cornell game is, and as long as that continues to sellout, or comes close, that ain't going anywhere. Plus, would BU want two yearly tournaments on their schedule each season? Still a pretty good idea if two solid HE/B1G teams would participate each season.
                                Pretty certain BU would just be a first-year participant, providing that first year is 2014. This event was created to replace/expand upon the annual Mayor's Cup game between PC and Brown.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X