Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

I dunno rogie.... It sure SEEMED like 3 seconds
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Agree completely here. BU's goalies are facing a shooting gallery every night not to mention multiple odd man rushes every game due to boneheaded turnovers by their D. I can't say if they're championship level because Ken Dryden would have trouble winning games with these guys playing in front of him.
      I agree that goaltending was the least of the problems THIS year. However, as the talent on this team drastically improves in the next year or two, I don't feel confident going into big games with either one in the future. BC Maine Prov Lowell UVM and ND hands down had better goaltending this year. Of course you can say those teams had better D, but I still think they're goaltending was better. Too many soft goals.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Mike79 View Post
        BC Maine Prov Lowell UVM and ND hands down had better goaltending this year. Of course you can say those teams had better D, but I still think they're goaltending was better.
        Maguire had a better save percentage than the starting goalie from 3 of those 6 teams. Including WJC starter Jon Gillies. I don't think there is reason for concern at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          No schadenfreude here.
          How about "Shattenkirk?" ha ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Mike79 View Post
            I agree that goaltending was the least of the problems THIS year. However, as the talent on this team drastically improves in the next year or two, I don't feel confident going into big games with either one in the future. BC Maine Prov Lowell UVM and ND hands down had better goaltending this year. Of course you can say those teams had better D, but I still think they're goaltending was better. Too many soft goals.
            Strongly disagree. If you look at their performance in the few "big games" we've played over the past two seasons, by and large, their performances were somewhere between good and very strong. Maguire was excellent in the HE title game last year, and played well vs BC the night before. O'Connor was excellent in the Beanpot against BC this season. You can't discount the fact that they were getting hung out to dry left and right by our abysmal defense this season. You can probably take a good 10-15 goals off the board that were physically impossible to stop as a direct result of a defensive mistake. They've had their share of bad games, but at some level, every goalie has off nights. It's not a consistent thing for them. Neither are the next Jonathan Quick, but goaltending is far from the top of the list of things that need significant improvement.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Neither are the next Jonathan Quick, but goaltending is far from the top of the list of things that need significant improvement.
              Nobody thought Jonathan Quick was the next Jonathan Quick, either.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

• Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                Nobody thought Jonathan Quick was the next Jonathan Quick, either.
                This!

Also, I think both let in softies when the guys in front if them were playing Swiss cheese D. Human nature and all that. I expect less softies when the talent rises. #Focus
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                  Michigan and Michigan State, perhaps.

And, of course, we will get two games with Notre Dame and Jeff Jackson's bore-them-to-death Irish.
                  The three most boring teams to watch style-wise are Lowell, Notre Dame and Vermont. At least we won't have to see Vermont at home next season.
                  Mich and Mich State makes sense… I'd guess they do the opposite of last year and play Lowell on the opposite nights.

So, starting to piece next years schedule together…

22 Hockey East games
                  Michigan
                  MSU
                  Beanpot x 2

Do we owe anyone a visit? I'll assume we are not owing one to any of the American Hockey teams we played. How about Dartmouth? Wisconsin?

I would guess we have a home game against Harvard. What else is on the radar?
                  Last edited by ericredaxe; 03-11-2014, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Mich and Mich State makes sense… I'd guess they do the opposite of last year and play Lowell on the opposite nights.

So, starting to piece next years schedule together…

22 Hockey East games
                    Michigan
                    MSU
                    Beanpot x 2

Do we owe anyone a visit? I'll assume we are not owing one to any of the American Hockey teams we played. How about Dartmouth? Wisconsin?

I would guess we have a home game against Harvard. What else is on the radar?
                    2 @ Wisconsin
                    Harvard is Beanpot opener so we likely won't schedule a second with them, especially since we can't beat them.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

i'd hafta bet teddy is sending DQ flowers, begging bu to give harvard a game

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        This!

Also, I think both let in softies when the guys in front if them were playing Swiss cheese D. Human nature and all that. I expect less softies when the talent rises. #Focus
                        How many games can you remember in the last two years that BU didn't play well, but a goalie won for us? Not many

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          2 @ Wisconsin
                          Harvard is Beanpot opener so we likely won't schedule a second with them, especially since we can't beat them.
                          There was one year we skipped playing them another time the year we played them in the opener, but many more that we haven't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike79 View Post
                            How many games can you remember in the last two years that BU didn't play well, but a goalie won for us? Not many
                            Red hot hockey this year. Umass home opener this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike79 View Post
                              10 this year. 21 the year before...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                10 this year. 21 the year before...
                                And there were plenty that the goalies kept them close in this year that they still lost because you can't win when you don't score goals. Those kids were facing 40+ shots and giving 2 goals and losing. That's pretty **** good if you ask me.
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X