Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
    Well RIT upset Mercyhurst in the CHA Championship so I assume they get the honor of playing Minnesota in the 1st round.
    No autobid in CHA and this was the final year of probation for RIT (moving up from D-II) so they weren't getting in anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
      Threepeat and champions 4 out of last 5 years..
      and i'm sure bc is happy with their beanpot
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        and i'm sure bc is happy with their beanpot
        congrats and good luck going for the sweep! .................oh, wait

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          congrats and good luck going for the sweep! .................oh, wait
          Wow!! How cruel! No reason to mock yer girls

Comment

happy for you guys that they at least still play women's hockey at BU. now go and enjoy your reward of having to play at minnesota

at least it wasn't an NCAA tourney game, otherwise this would be like Worcester 2006

as the game was only on NESN+, i'm assuming there was a rebroadcast of last night's spring training game on NESN?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              happy for you guys that they at least still play women's hockey at BU. now go and enjoy your reward of having to play at minnesota

at least it wasn't an NCAA tourney game, otherwise this would be like Worcester 2006
              More likely, Providence in 1978, given the Brian Durocher connection.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                More likely, Providence in 1978, given the Brian Durocher connection.
                Seriously. All Mookie remembers are bu wins

Maiser hat trick game
                3 goals in 3 seconds in 2009
                Jack's last win
                Fields turning around to take a bow at conte in 1vs8

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  duh duh duh
                  duh duh duh
                  duh duh duh duh DUH duh duh!!

bu beats bc yet again in a hea playoff

well done girls!!
                  While the men have been light years behind BC for the past 15 yrs the BU women though being a newer program then BC have been solidly ahead of them in championship level play

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                    While the men have been light years behind BC for the past 15 yrs the BU women though being a newer program then BC have been solidly ahead of them in championship level play
                    The difference is the coach apparently , same deal with the men over the past 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      The difference is the coach apparently , same deal with the men over the past 20 years
                      Or maybe a hot goalie...Sperry stopped 119 of 125 shots in the tournament, including EIGHT in the final 1:02 after BC pulled their goalie!
                      Last edited by chickod; 03-10-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

No schadenfreude here. You had a terrible team that will probably improve when Quinn gets his guys there.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Seriously. All Mookie remembers are bu wins

Maiser hat trick game
                          3 goals in 3 seconds in 2009
                          Jack's last win
                          Fields turning around to take a bow at conte in 1vs8
                          3 goals in 3 seconds? That's even better than Rick Meagher's 2 SHGs in 9 seconds.

Here you go, Mookie.

Maiser tying and game-winning goals
                          2009 HE semifinal: 3 in 44 seconds
                          Parker's last win
                          No video of Fields (10 years ago this Wednesday) so this will have to do
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            They usually at least highlight a couple of the better OOC games when they start sendin out the renewals.

Do any teams "owe" us a visit?
                            Mich and MSU will each be coming to BU for 1 game.
                            BU will be going to Wisc for 2 games

6 more games OOC games to fill out the schedule. The agreement BU and ND had was just for 2 games at each site, but I know both teams enjoyed playing each other and talked about extending the series, not sure if that would take place as soon as next year.

Harvard and BU are the first round of the Beanpot so I hope they don't also schedule another game with them.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Or maybe a hot goalie...Sperry stopped 119 or 125 shots in the tournament, including EIGHT in the final 1:02 after BC pulled their goalie!
                              How about both... I don't watch much or care much about the women's game but tuned in to the final 2 periods yesterday while working some from home. This guy is your women's version of York. Katie King Crowley is our women's version of Dick Umile or Enrico Blasi. Sperry was in control throughout... although she barely saw any action until the last 3-4 minutes when BC finally got their legs moving. The BC goalie looked shaky and really with these ladies not really able to snipe up high like the men, the female goalies just have to stand there and let the puck hit them 99% of the time. How you go diving towards the corner in a women's championship game to allow someone to put it into an empty net I'll never know.

I've seen it written that BC is superior to BU this season. I have no idea how true that is.. However, that's what everyone says about the UNH vs BC men's matchups when UNH finishes higher in the RS and then BC turns it up going into the postseason while UNH chokes. I get the feeling we're looking at something similar here. We all knew who was superior all along (well not the hillbillies but that's another story) but let the standings and PWR tell us differently. Because yesterday didn't look like a fluke and BU simply manhandled BC yesterday in the last 2 periods I watched.

Oh and nice season for the BU men. Thank you seniors!
                              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-10-2014, 08:46 AM.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                                Goaltending is the least of this team's problems

Agree completely here. BU's goalies are facing a shooting gallery every night not to mention multiple odd man rushes every game due to boneheaded turnovers by their D. I can't say if they're championship level because Ken Dryden would have trouble winning games with these guys playing in front of him.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X