Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    That's steep.
    Mookie is now watching on TV
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      That's steep.
      Gotta make up for all those hockey ticket credits
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
        Gotta make up for all those hockey ticket credits
        They had me until $22

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          They had me until $22
          No kidding. I was actually considering going. Not anymore. Who is coming up with these ridiculous prices? Are they insane?
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Mike79 View Post
            I agree. But, the goaltending is still average to below average and looking ahead to the next few years, that will be an issue
            The goaltending is not a problem at all, and is far from average to below average.
            Did you see Maguire lead the team to last year's Hockey East championship game? It was every bit as good as we saw from Millan.
            Maguire played the whole season with back issues, but played very well for the most part, when he did.
            O'Connor had some great stretches again, and held them in and stole a few early, despite BU being badly out shot. O'Connor is an excellent shot stopper, and was controlling rebounds better as the season went along.
            Put a decent team in front of them, and they can win some silverware.

The team defense was pretty woeful, painfully slow and I have never seen a BU team have so much trouble getting the puck out of their own zone.
            The goaltending is what kept them in games, and kept a lot scores respectable, with only a few shell-shocked exceptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
              The goaltending is not a problem at all, and is far from average to below average.
              Did you see Maguire lead the team to last year's Hockey East championship game? It was every bit as good as we saw from Millan.
              Maguire played the whole season with back issues, but played very well for the most part, when he did.
              O'Connor had some great stretches again, and held them in and stole a few early, despite BU being badly out shot. O'Connor is an excellent shot stopper, and was controlling rebounds better as the season went along.
              Put a decent team in front of them, and they can win some silverware.

The team defense was pretty woeful, painfully slow and I have never seen a BU team have so much trouble getting the puck out of their own zone.
              The goaltending is what kept them in games, and kept a lot scores respectable, with only a few shell-shocked exceptions.
              These are not championship goalies sorry. What goalie recruits are coming in other then Starret in the next 2 yrs. ?

Comment

Now that men's hockey is over for the season, perhaps some of the puckheads here looking for something to actually celebrate at Agganis will show up to the Patriot League basketball championship game on Wednesday night.
                If you haven't see Joe Jones' hoop team, they are not only winning, but they play a fun, up-temp style to watch and Maurice Watson Jr. is one of the most exciting players in the country. And at the very least, it'll give you another opportunity to complain about the concessions at Agganis.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  These are not championship goalies sorry. What goalie recruits are coming in other then Starret in the next 2 yrs. ?
                  I'll take a healthy Maguire, and take my chances. He has a big game pedigree from his career in juniors and last season in the Hockey East playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Mookie sees the ticket prices for wed went up to 35/22 from today's 25/14
                    That's ridiculous. Are they trying to get people NOT to go? I was seriously thinking of going, but will probably watch on TV at that price. It's a shame, they could probably come close to filling the arena at the right price. I would like to see what a full Agganis would look like for basketball. I remember when Duke played BU at a packed Walter Brown Arena.
                    Last edited by Tater; 03-08-2014, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I went to the hoop game yesterday and bought a bunch of tickets after the game at $22 each. Not a bad deal for a conference championship game IMO. They're a good team and it's always a great crowd and environment. ESPN and all. Is the $36 the ticketmaster mark up? So poor if that's the case.
                      Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

The $35 is for courtside seats. Tickets are $22. It's a conference championship game. I think that's reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                          I'll take a healthy Maguire, and take my chances. He has a big game pedigree from his career in juniors and last season in the Hockey East playoffs.
                          I agree, albeit having seem a much more limited sample of both guys. The softies are frustrating, but those come at any level. A better defense in front of Maguire could make a very good team.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Before the pleas for renewing season tickets start to arrive, does anyone have any info on non-conference games next year? I believe UConn comes in next year so we're back to 5 non conference games including the beanpot
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                              ESPN and all.
                              NOT ESPN. The game is on CBS Sports Network.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                                Before the pleas for renewing season tickets start to arrive, does anyone have any info on non-conference games next year? I believe UConn comes in next year so we're back to 5 non conference games including the beanpot
                                By my count we had 12 NC games this season, NOT including the Beanpot. 8 of them at home. With UConn joining the conference, it looks like we would be down to 10 not including the Beanpot.

Comment

Working...
                                X