Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

first time back to back shutouts since 1941. nice
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Jesus.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        Jesus.
        yes, he did it this time. back then it was yale & princeton.

Comment

Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

240!
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

If the Blackhawks get shut out Thursday (Henrik!) I'll be... I don't know what I'll be exactly.

My weekend hockey following: Four games, zero goals. None. Nada. Zippo. Bagel. Goose egg. Zilch. Null.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              The last goal they scored was in the 1st period Monday.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                After watching the game last night I have to say that Quinn's body language and reaction to in-game setbacks is really off-putting. Every little thing that goes wrong he has that "You no-talent, craptastic bastids! I was an NHL assistant coach last year!" blank stare on his face. It's annoying.
                I've mentioned it before, and will mention it again. Quinn, and his assistants, have shown no fire at all on the bench. He doesn't need to be Jack Parker, but he needs to show some life. Does he ever argue calls? Des he ever try to spark the team from behind the bench?
                All well and good if he does it in the locker room, and one-on-one with the players ... but the BU fans would like to see that he has a personality and is into the game, not just resigned to another loss.

On one-hand, BU will honor Parker again by retiring his number 6 on Friday night. The school is cementing/protecting his legacy. But we also know that some in the administration wanted Parker gone, and there is a lot of speculation that his exit strategy was planned a bit sooner than he really wanted.
                Do they want to Quinn to be the anti-Parker. Quiet, detached, say the right thing, never do anything that might embarrass the university?

I remember Parker saying that he never wanted BU to win Hockey East's Lenny Ceglarski Award, for the least penalized team. Not because it was named after a former BC coach, but because if they had the fewest penalties, they weren't playing with the aggression that he had wanted.
                BU took a lot of dumb penalties the past few years, and Quinn has made it a point to reduce the number of trips to the box. But did he also take away some of the aggressiveness needed to really compete?

Perhaps it was best that Parker retired after last season. I doubt that his surgically repaired heart could have taken this season.
                As for Quinn, he needs to show some heart if he wants his players to do the same thing. It is probably eating him up inside what has happened this season. He needs to let some of it out. Not to be like Parker. But to show the fans and that players that he is into the games, not resigned to a horrible fate and just waiting for next season.

Come on, DQ, we know you've got it in you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  If the Blackhawks get shut out Thursday (Henrik!) I'll be... I don't know what I'll be exactly.

My weekend hockey following: Four games, zero goals. None. Nada. Zippo. Bagel. Goose egg. Zilch. Null.
                  Nyet

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                    After watching the game last night I have to say that Quinn's body language and reaction to in-game setbacks is really off-putting. Every little thing that goes wrong he has that "You no-talent, craptastic bastids! I was an NHL assistant coach last year!" blank stare on his face. It's annoying.
                    He was certainly laying into Ronan after the pop-fly over his head led to a goal. Unlike the announcers, I didn't think he was lazy in getting back after the fact. I just thought he made a bad decision to try to catch it out of the air, and should have pivoted to get back sooner.

I was glad to at least see that he was showing emotion. But the reality is that at this point, it does come off more as a blaming than a motivating. Technically, this team is not dead yet, thanks to the new playoff format.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      ... Technically, this team is not dead yet, thanks to the new playoff format.
                      so you're saying i got a chance.........

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                        I've mentioned it before, and will mention it again. Quinn, and his assistants, have shown no fire at all on the bench. He doesn't need to be Jack Parker, but he needs to show some life. Does he ever argue calls? Des he ever try to spark the team from behind the bench?
                        All well and good if he does it in the locker room, and one-on-one with the players ... but the BU fans would like to see that he has a personality and is into the game, not just resigned to another loss.

This!

Previously documented, I have attended a few basketball games this year. I LOVE Joe Jones passion and fire. He's constantly teaching. I'm a sucker for this stuff. Also, I didn't like the way Quinn sulked off after the UNH loss, leaving Greeley to go through the handshake line alone. Bad form.

Mookie made my laugh out load. Well played, my friend. Well played.

BU Hockey: Three More and Our Long Nightmare is Over
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Do you realize if we lose both remaining games, we get an advantage of only having to visit Vermont. ( a few other factors, like ND loses to BC @BC)
                          However, if we win just once, we move ahead of UMASS and must do the gong show travel to Notre Dame. So would you all say, they are in the drivers seat?

Comment

Originally posted by coachhockeybob View Post
                            Do you realize if we lose both remaining games, we get an advantage of only having to visit Vermont. ( a few other factors, like ND loses to BC @BC)
                            However, if we win just once, we move ahead of UMASS and must do the gong show travel to Notre Dame. So would you all say, they are in the drivers seat?
                            Yep. Gotta tank 'em both to play UVM. If you want them to win. Wait a minute, scratch that. A 1-0 loss in South Bend would be a perfect conclusion to this season. #Fitting
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                              I cannot tell you the frequency of which he explodes in the locker room, but I can tell you with certainty that he has done so at least once in the past 5 games.

Fans want to see their team win and when they don't they look for a reason that they never would have looked for otherwise. Millan was frequently described as sulking after goals he allowed during his sophomore and junior years when the team was struggling, but almost never during the team's winning years when he was a freshman and senior; his body language was the same all 4 years.

If Quinn was throwing clipboards, water bottles, and sticks and the team was still losing we would be saying he needs to be calm. If he acts like he currently does next year and the incoming recruits and returning players who get a full offseason under Quinn boost the team to top 10 this won't be a talking point. There are multiple ways to be a succesful coach (Bill Belichick, Phil Jackson, Scotty Bowman, Tony LaRussa, Terry Francona, Nick Saban) but listening to others tell you how to act is not one of them. This post isn't directly at you, Harry, you just happened to be the post I chose to quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                                I cannot tell you the frequency of which he explodes in the locker room, but I can tell you with certainty that he has done so at least once in the past 5 games.

Fans want to see their team win and when they don't they look for a reason that they never would have looked for otherwise. Millan was frequently described as sulking after goals he allowed during his sophomore and junior years when the team was struggling, but almost never during the team's winning years when he was a freshman and senior; his body language was the same all 4 years.

If Quinn was throwing clipboards, water bottles, and sticks and the team was still losing we would be saying he needs to be calm. If he acts like he currently does next year and the incoming recruits and returning players who get a full offseason under Quinn boost the team to top 10 this won't be a talking point. There are multiple ways to be a succesful coach (Bill Belichick, Phil Jackson, Scotty Bowman, Tony LaRussa, Terry Francona, Nick Saban) but listening to others tell you how to act is not one of them. This post isn't directly at you, Harry, you just happened to be the post I chose to quote.
                                I agree with this. I don't see the point of Quinn going all WWF on the bench and bodyslamming refs or sneaking up behind Jerry York and clobbering him with a chair. The team needs better players. Its starts and ends with that. Screaming at these guys isn't going to make them skate any faster because they can't. For all of Parker's fire, on and off ice discipline was a continual problem over the last several years. Not blaming that on Parker, just saying yelling isn't necessarily going to change behavior.

What I think Quinn can and should be held accountable for is all the bonehead turnovers the team generates. While their lack of skating ability can't be fixed, passing to the wrong team can and I'm curious how much they go over this when looking at film during the week.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X