Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

What's the most likely first round upset in Hockey East?

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...errimack-umass
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
      The seemingly endless construction zone known as the Ohio Turnpike. One lane, barriers on both sides, sandwiched by 18-wheelers ahead and behind you...
      The only saving grace is the 75 mph limit when you're clear of all that.
      Boston University 2009 Champs
      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
        "Hey, kid! Not supposed to be here."

Gluttons for pain, I see. Enjoy the scenic drive though Ohio and Indiana.

Still disappointed they moved the college football HOF. That was actually pretty cool.
        Well, with only some slight detours, you could hit the Basketball, Soccer, Baseball and Football HOF's driving from Boston to Indiana. And Hockey and Tennis are not that far off the path either.

Sports Hall of Fames: Eastern Bias.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Sports Hall of Fames: Eastern Bias.
          That's because there's people here.

Bison and elk don't pay for their sports fix.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            Don't know if you've ever been but South Bend is a pretty miserable place.

The campus is gorgeous but once you step outside of it...
            Yes, the town is garbage. Found that out a couple weeks ago. Going back for moar. But they have two Culver's so that makes things nicer.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I'm told the $10 tour of the stadium is worth it for the true sports fan
              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Yes, the town is garbage. Found that out a couple weeks ago. Going back for moar. But they have two Culver's so that makes things nicer.
                I found South Bend pretty depressing considering all the $$ around ND

Went to a BC/ND football game a couple of years ago, no need to ever go back

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  I found South Bend pretty depressing considering all the $$ around ND

Went to a BC/ND football game a couple of years ago, no need to ever go back
                  The block on Eddy St between Angela and Napoleon is nice, it's a shorter, modern, and less hippie version of Church St in Burlington VT. Besides that, yeah, not much worth seeing not on campus.

Comment

My next door neighbor went to Notre Dame and he said South Bend is godawful. They rented a place off of someone right near campus for a football game visit and were informed by their host not to walk down to the corner at night due to the high level of drug dealing and associated violence going on over there.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      My next door neighbor went to Notre Dame and he said South Bend is godawful. They rented a place off of someone right near campus for a football game visit and were informed by their host not to walk down to the corner at night due to the high level of drug dealing and associated violence going on over there.
                      Recently? ND has done a pretty good job at buying up property and keeping the area just around campus clean enough. Definitely want to lock your doors. And probably have an alarm system. And close your blinds.
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        True story. Took the senior trip out to ND in an RV with the roomates/friends back in the fall 2000. Stayed/hung out at the place of a cousin of someone in our group. Not far off campus. We walk out the door the first afternoon we get there and a brother is walking down the street, sees us leave the house across the street and crosses the street and bolts right onto this porch asking us for money.

Didn't expect that. Surprised he didn't pull a knife or gun on us. Ghetto.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          True story. Took the senior trip out to ND in an RV with the roomates/friends back in the fall 2000. Stayed/hung out at the place of a cousin of someone in our group. Not far off campus. We walk out the door the first afternoon we get there and a brother is walking down the street, sees us leave the house across the street and crosses the street and bolts right onto this porch asking us for money.

Didn't expect that. Surprised he didn't pull a knife or gun on us. Ghetto.
                          Sounds "Detroitesque". Maybe the NCAA can hold the national championship there sometime...
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

bball wins big tonight. i believe they have army next game now?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              bball wins big tonight. i believe they have army next game now?
                              I'm out of town this weekend. If they make it to the championship game, I'll be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                I'm out of town this weekend. If they make it to the championship game, I'll be there.
                                saturday 330p vs army
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X