Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
    Seriously...Just hop on Amtrak Lakeshore limited in the late morning and be there by the next morning. Round trip $214 online now!
    I took the Amtrak to Chicago once. It was supposed to be an overnight train ride. Peaceful I thought. 28 hours later getting into the S side...not so much.
    Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      what was nieto, 2nd round pick? don't think you can ever "expect" a 2nd round pick to stay four years. sure it happens but if you as a coach bank on that, you can get in trouble. hence mookie talking about the need for over recruiting. and you just worry about the log jam if one develops. not ideal, i don't like it but i've come to accept it.
      I heard from one of my sources that both Nieto and Gill were asked to leave.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
        Sure. But it worked very well yesterday, no?
        yes, it was critical to the puck deflecting off the knob of Demko's stick and the three posts that got dinged........................but, yes, it worked. They are very talented besides.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013-2014 (Part III): Close your eyes, we're coming up on the end here...

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
          I heard from one of my sources that both Nieto and Gill were asked to leave.
          I've heard mumblings about that too… both on here before and also off of these boards.

Nieto would seem hard to believe as one of the first things DQ said in his introduction press conference was something about having to talk to Nieto and Noonan and getting them to stay.

The question on Gill and (maybe) the Priv's is why? Was Gill disruptive in the clubhouse? We never heard of any of that in his prior three years.

Alexx I could see (maybe) if they thought he would be not able to control himself on the ice, but I had the impression that he pretty much took his punishment "like a man" and was even tweeting out stuff about how he was proud of his teammates (or something to that effect) towards the end of the season.

Why get rid of your more talented players, unless they are causing bigger problems?

Comment

Does the school get an allotment of tickets to this game that may be accessible to BU fans/season ticket holders/students? Any one? Bueller?
            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
              Does the school get an allotment of tickets to this game that may be accessible to BU fans/season ticket holders/students? Any one? Bueller?
              Think so. I got an email today from BU asking me to buy. Maybe call the gobu number?

Comment

nieto left right after the season ended last year. he played a handful of games in worcester. so figure the season was over mid march and he was playin in worcester end of march. that leaves a week to get signed.

when exactly then did DQ tell him to leave? or for that matter anyone was surprised he left?!?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  Regardless of what was said, I doubt BU was surprised by Nieto's departure. The Sharks have a reputation of being very willing to let prospects mature in college, and having the best ones turn pro after their junior season. BTW, Nieto was moved up to San Jose's top line yesterday with Pavelski and Thornton and scored the game-winner vs. NJ. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/03/sp...tml?ref=sports

The impact of Gill's departure cannot be underestimated. He was a top six forward since the middle of his freshman year, a key part of the power play and perhaps the best penalty-killer last year, and he was on track for a 100-point career. Leaving when he did not only denied BU his capabilities, but because it was too late to add a recruit, it reduced depth forcing more first-year players from a not-that-strong group of rookie forwards into the line-up. Playing a weaker, less experienced group of forwards in turn put added pressure on a young defense corps.

Not trying to pin this terrible season on the departure of Gill--who is having very strong season in the ECHL, but recognizing the impact.
                  You've struck a cord... With all due respect, I couldn't disagree with you more about Gill. He had 22 pts last year in 39 gms. (And those numbers include powerplay time and playing on top 2 lines) Would he be a marginal upgrade from our forwards this year? Yes. But, I'd just assume he left to give more ice time for younger guys to develop in a rebuilding year. I had no problem with him not coming back and really still don't. He had zero grit and didn't improve in his three years. I'd rather lose a few more games this year, than have younger kids be around him. (Not talking about his attitude, more about his style of play) As miserable as this forward group are, we still have 7 or 8 that I'd take over Gill.

Comment

I have heard they are taking a charter flight this time around. Was hoping they would have extra seats for sale, since from what I can see there is NO VIDEO Feed
                    for the game.

Comment

22 points would be 3rd on the team this year.... 2nd among forwards.

I'm not surprised Nieto left... Maybe if you asked me in December the I might have said different. Even Parker predicted all along that he would be "scoring in bunches" and he was right. The only reason I would think the staff would be surprised is if he had given indication otherwise along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by coachhockeybob View Post
                        I have heard they are taking a charter flight this time around. Was hoping they would have extra seats for sale, since from what I can see there is NO VIDEO Feed
                        for the game.
                        isn't hockey east paying for this travesty?!?!?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I hope. I did find out that ND has their own plane, they should be picking up the visiting teams with it. I bet HE picks up the tickets for teams on Commercial flights. I think the Charter is at the schools cost.

Comment

Correction, game can be viewed on watchnd. It was just posted.

Comment

So I must have a screw loose for wanting to hop a plane to go see this game?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe
                                Yes.
                                But I may do it anyway. What's the decent hotel?

Comment

Working...
                                X