2	Wisconsin-Stevens Point	               16-4-4	            16-4-4
    3	St. Thomas (Minn.)	               15-5-3	            15-5-3
    4	Wisconsin-Superior	               14-4-6	            14-4-6
    5	Gustavus Adolphus	               15-6-2	            15-6-2
    6	Bethel	                               16-5-2	            16-5-2
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Re: Div III NCAA Rankings

Early line pits Amherst against Superior for the final Pool C slot, assuming no upsets.

Superior has the better Win %, while Amherst smokes them in SOS...

Amherst's record vs ranked teams is what is going to likely kill their chances. Amherst is 0-4-2 against ranked teams right now...Looks like 4v4 split this year to me unless there are major upsets in the East.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Hmmm.... can't speak to the West, but what do the Easterners think about Salve Regina. I haven't see them play this season. According to the NCAA stats, they are 21 out of 30 in strength of schedule (I may be a little off here because I eyeballed it). I look at their schedule and I see all their losses are to Norwich, Holy Cross (D1), Middlebury, and St. A's (D2). They tied Trinity and Colby and beat Wesleyan and Conn College (both 3-2) - bottom half/middle NESCAC teams. They tied Castleton. Their wins are largely against the pretty weak ECAC East teams. They beat the teams they should have, but they don't feel like a 6 seed. That being said, who else would be the 6 seed if they aren't?

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Early line pits Amherst against Superior for the final Pool C slot, assuming no upsets.

Amherst's record vs ranked teams is what is going to likely kill their chances. Amherst is 0-4-2 against ranked teams right now...Looks like 4v4 split this year to me unless there are major upsets in the East.
        Norwich and Plattsburgh SHOULD be a lock and Elmira almost certainly picks up an at large. I think Middlebury could be an upset - LOTS of close games they played in the NESCAC this season and they are due to lose one.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
          Hmmm.... can't speak to the West, but what do the Easterners think about Salve Regina. I haven't see them play this season. According to the NCAA stats, they are 21 out of 30 in strength of schedule (I may be a little off here because I eyeballed it). I look at their schedule and I see all their losses are to Norwich, Holy Cross (D1), Middlebury, and St. A's (D2). They tied Trinity and Colby and beat Wesleyan and Conn College (both 3-2) - bottom half/middle NESCAC teams. They tied Castleton. Their wins are largely against the pretty weak ECAC East teams. They beat the teams they should have, but they don't feel like a 6 seed. That being said, who else would be the 6 seed if they aren't?
          I think teams like Williams, Utica, Castleton and Oswego might be able to crack their heads into that No. 6 slot by season's end.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

The NCAA has ranked none of the teams from the NCHA and one of them will get an auto bid, ranked or not. Barring upsets (and the point HockeyEast33 makes about Middlebury walking to the edge and looking into the abyss is an apt one), I think a 4-4 split is likely.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
              The NCAA has ranked none of the teams from the NCHA and one of them will get an auto bid, ranked or not. Barring upsets (and the point HockeyEast33 makes about Middlebury walking to the edge and looking into the abyss is an apt one), I think a 4-4 split is likely.
              Good catch. Momentarily lapse on scanning that too quickly.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Good catch. Momentarily lapse on scanning that too quickly.
                With the current rankings that would pit Stevens Point against Amherst...I'm assuming Amherst doesn't fair much better against Stevens Point.

The SOS has always bugged me...does having a stronger SOS but losing all the games against good teams really mean you should get the SOS nod??

According to the USCHO PWC Stevens Point has a higher SOS than Amherst.
                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Code:
                  EAST
                  1	Plattsburgh State	23-1-1	23-1-1
                  2	Norwich	19-3-0	23-3-0
                  3	Middlebury	17-3-4	17-3-4
                  4	Elmira	20-4-1	20-4-1
                  5	Amherst	12-6-5	13-6-5
                  6	Salve Regina	14-2-3	16-6-4
                  WEST
                  1	Wisconsin-River Falls	18-4-3	18-4-3
                  2	Wisconsin-Stevens Point	17-4-4	17-4-4
                  3	St. Norbert	17-6-2	17-6-2
                  4	St. Thomas (Minn.)	17-5-3	17-5-3
                  5	Gustavus Adolphus	16-7-2	16-7-2
                  6	Lake Forest	15-5-3	15-5-3
                  This weeks rankings...a little wierd out west. How does St. Norbert go from unranked last week to 3rd this week? They're also 3rd in their conference??

Did the NCAA forget about the NCHA last week?
                  Last edited by gojackets; 02-25-2014, 11:49 PM.
                  UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                  NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                  Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

It looks like SNC has better numbers this week than UWS - Gustavus - Bethel and very close with 2nd place Scholastica. Their 5-1 record in the Season Ending W/L% is most likely what catapulted them way up there.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                      It looks like SNC has better numbers this week than UWS - Gustavus - Bethel and very close with 2nd place Scholastica. Their 5-1 record in the Season Ending W/L% is most likely what catapulted them way up there.
                      Still makes no sense. How do they shoot by Lake Forest? Both teams have identical 5-1 records past six games playing virtually the same teams, LF beat SNC in that stretch, and LF won the conference.

Comment

If conference finish was a primary criteria that the NCAA looks at, maybe LF woul be ahead of SNC. But it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                          If conference finish was a primary criteria that the NCAA looks at, maybe LF woul be ahead of SNC. But it's not.
                          What would it be then? The only change from the week before when St. Norbert wasn't ranked was that they beat Scholastica. Suddenly they move up to 3rd? For what reason? LF beat Scholastica, too, and beat St. Norbert. Not to mention that St. Thomas beat River Falls and they're below St. Norbert, too.

Comment

Originally posted by pucko View Post
                            What would it be then? The only change from the week before when St. Norbert wasn't ranked was that they beat Scholastica. Suddenly they move up to 3rd? For what reason? LF beat Scholastica, too, and beat St. Norbert. Not to mention that St. Thomas beat River Falls and they're below St. Norbert, too.
                            Only explanation is that somebody made a boo boo when they entered data into the computer program.

Comment

Rankings for 3/4:

EAST
                              1 Plattsburgh State 23-1-1 23-1-1
                              2 Norwich 20-3-0 24-3-0
                              3 Middlebury 17-4-4 17-4-4
                              4 Elmira 20-4-1 20-4-1
                              5 Castleton 14-6-2 16-9-2
                              6 Amherst 12-7-5 13-7-5

WEST
                              1 Wisconsin-River Falls 20-4-3 20-4-3