Northeastern Huskies 2013-14 Season Thread II: In Witt we Trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern Huskies 2013-14 Season Thread II: In Witt we Trust

We hit 1,000 posts in the other thread so time for a part 2.
    Last edited by SkinsFan09; 02-18-2014, 03:43 PM.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2013-14 Season Thread II: In Witt we Trust

Any news on the injuries at UMass?
    Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies '13-14 Season Thread Part II: In Witt we Trust

Who got hurt?
      The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
        Who got hurt?
        Manson, Benning, Hedges. Manson with a shoulder injury, Benning took a slash to a knee. Not sure on Hedges
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
          We hit 1,000 posts in the other thread so time for a part 2.
          Yippee! Only ~996 posts to go.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Who got hurt?
            A couple defensemen. Haven't seen any injury new break so I guess that's a good thing?
            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
              A couple defensemen. Haven't seen any injury news break so I guess that's a good thing?
              Fact of the matter is that we won't know for sure until the pre-game lineup chart is released. Coaches don't like to release injury status info in order to keep the next opponent guessing. It isn't like the NFL that sees some perverted obligation to keep the Vegas sports books up-to-date on who's playing and who's not days in advance.

To their credit (IMO) the NU players/coaches/trainers/etc. have been remarkably close-mouthed about internal team doings, at least since JM took over.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

..those nets at Matthews.. let's get 'em under the WiTTness protection program.

seriously though, Maine's too good of a team. I'd be okay with a split. (well not really.. I understand the ramifications re HE standings & playoffs). But being realistic.. i'd be happy with a 'W' Friday & a tie.. well.. ask me about Saturday, late Fri night.. Go Huskies
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  seriously though, Maine's too good of a team. I'd be okay with a split. (well not really.. I understand the ramifications re HE standings & playoffs). But being realistic.. i'd be happy with a 'W' Friday & a tie.. well.. ask me about Saturday, late Fri night.. Go Huskies
                  I think a sweep is definitely possible, but a split is likely with how the tenders have been playing this season. Northeastern needs to take 3 points MINIMUM in this series to hope to maintain a first round bye and home ice in the QFs.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Goalie Blake Weyrick decommitted from Brown today, along with F Miles Wood. I don't believe that NU has room for Wood, or that NU is on Wood's radar. He is probably headed for a Roy/Gaudreau-like landing at BC. Weyrick took an Official at NU back in October. NU was very interested in him, but Weyrick had his eye on Harvard. When Harvard didn't work, he chose Brown. Now, his aid package at Brown hasn't been approved. Could he be destined to arrive at NU?

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                      Goalie Blake Weyrick decommitted from Brown today, along with F Miles Wood. I don't believe that NU has room for Wood, or that NU is on Wood's radar. He is probably headed for a Roy/Gaudreau-like landing at BC. Weyrick took an Official at NU back in October. NU was very interested in him, but Weyrick had his eye on Harvard. When Harvard didn't work, he chose Brown. Now, his aid package at Brown hasn't been approved. Could he be destined to arrive at NU?
                      While I'd LOVE for him to come in and be Witt's successor in net, I wonder if he'd look for a place to start right away, rather than sit a year (assuming Witt stays for his senior year). I remember PC being very interested as well, but with Gillies/Ellis there, he'd be blocked. I haven't heard/seen anything regarding his potential landing spots, unlike Wood who is reportedly considering BU and BC, so I'd assume NU is still in the running? It would be a fantastic get for our future if he were to commit. #3 ranked North American goalie by NHL Central Scouting for this 2014 draft.

Also...any chance you could call up Keefe and offer some PP advice??
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        While I'd LOVE for him to come in and be Witt's successor in net, I wonder if he'd look for a place to start right away, rather than sit a year (assuming Witt stays for his senior year). I remember PC being very interested as well, but with Gillies/Ellis there, he'd be blocked. I haven't heard/seen anything regarding his potential landing spots, unlike Wood who is reportedly considering BU and BC, so I'd assume NU is still in the running? It would be a fantastic get for our future if he were to commit. #3 ranked North American goalie by NHL Central Scouting for this 2014 draft.

Also...any chance you could call up Keefe and offer some PP advice??
                        There is no reason why Weyrick could not win the job straight out if Witt stumbled. The big problem really is not playing time, its $$$. Witt is going to be a full ride if he is back, I am assuming D. Roy is getting some money, how much $$$ do you want to tie into the goalie position?

It is about time that they found another kid for either next year or the year after.

It will be interesting when the season is over to see how many guys jump, both on offense and defense.
                        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                          There is no reason why Weyrick could not win the job straight out if Witt stumbled. The big problem really is not playing time, its $$$. Witt is going to be a full ride if he is back, I am assuming D. Roy is getting some money, how much $$$ do you want to tie into the goalie position?

It is about time that they found another kid for either next year or the year after.

It will be interesting when the season is over to see how many guys jump, both on offense and defense.
                          I would think that Szmatula is really the only potential jumper because of his age. Roy probably has a small chance, but if Gaudreau is still in college hockey you would think Roy would follow that lead. I think there will be some kids asked to move on. I think Ferrero's brother will be gone, they have 8 d now, they have 3 coming in. Something has to give there.
                          The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

I would think that Szmatula is really the only potential jumper because of his age. Roy probably has a small chance, but if Gaudreau is still in college hockey you would think Roy would follow that lead. I think there will be some kids asked to move on. I think Ferrero's brother will be gone, they have 8 d now, they have 3 coming in. Something has to give there.
                            Neither Roy or Szmatula is making a NHL roster next fall. Or at least highly doubtful. The choice becomes becoming a pro and making money, hanging out with college kids and going to class. I cant blame them for making either choice. Especially Szmatula who is older, may not want to spend all his time around 18 year olds.

Ferriero is not going anywhere. His parents are big supporters of the program, the kid can play, just needs a year (this one) to get stronger. His brother was not all that good as a freshmen either after making the same kind of jump from prep. Cronin was willing to stick with Cody, JM has not been with Nathan. Though personally I think its a bit silly not to play him over a kid like Jamieson.

I think the majority of the defense is going to be gone.
                            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

I agree.. Nathan can play. Sees the ice well. Needs to work on his strength/ conditioning no ques with regards to the college gm.. & will be a good skater for NU.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X