Northeastern Huskies 2013-14 Season Thread II: In Witt we Trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies '13-14 Season Thread Part II: In Witt we Trust

(grinding my teeth).. you should not have a problem getting tix Saturday..
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      So is the old Barn filiing up this year for games or is it 2/3rds empty (Dogpound excluded) like everytime I've been there? Thinking of coming down Sat so just curious.
      why would you want to go over to Comm Ave to watch the Dogpound when Maine is playing at Matthews in front of the DogHouse?
      DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        So is the old Barn filiing up this year for games or is it 2/3rds empty (Dogpound excluded) like everytime I've been there? Thinking of coming down Sat so just curious.
        Ummm.....the Dogpound can be found in the low-rent part of Commonwealth Ave. The Doghouse resides in an historic arena off of Huntington Ave., close by the cultural nexis of Boston. Confusing the two constitutes a high crime and misdemeanor. So show shame!

But to answer your question, attendance has been embarrassingly low this year for some reason.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

FYI - I have extra tickets for Friday and Saturday night.
          Go Huskies!!!!

Real men play Ice Hockey and Football, little boys play the rest of the sports.

Comment

Spoiler alert:....

Kendall Coyne & Team USA.. bringing home the Silver from Sochi.

2 Huskies.. 2 different medals at the podium for NU athletes today.. not a bad day @ Olympics Hockey.. well played. All the best to MHockey tomorrow.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2013-14 Season Thread II: In Witt we Trust

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

2 Huskies.. 2 different medals at the podium for NU athletes today.. not a bad day @ Olympics Hockey.. well played. All the best to MHockey tomorrow.
              Except for one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of Olympic hockey, yeah, not too bad of a day.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Except for one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of Olympic hockey, yeah, not too bad of a day.
                ..now that you put it that way..uggh!
                nevertheless.. Silver medal at the Games.. an accomplishment nonetheless.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

..now that you put it that way..uggh!
                  nevertheless.. Silver medal at the Games.. an accomplishment nonetheless.
                  Agreed.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                    why would you want to go over to Comm Ave to watch the Dogpound when Maine is playing at Matthews in front of the DogHouse?
                    LOL, I knew that would fire you guys up. All kidding aside, I love Matthews. Classic venue. I'm surprised that people aren't showing up. You guy's have been a nice surprise this year.

Comment

Four. Four Huskies.

Ah-ah-ah! (/The Count)
                      On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                      If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
                        Four. Four Huskies.

Ah-ah-ah! (/The Count)
                        yes.. yes, I was just being specific to hockey re the 2 today.
                        4 medals otherwise thus far.. nice job.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

With Roy, Szmatula and Witt I'd be mad with 0 out of 3, ok with 1 out of 3, happy with 2 out of 3 and ecstatic with 3 out of 3. I'd say Roy is 50/50, with the other two probably being under 50% that they are back.
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                            With Roy, Szmatula and Witt I'd be mad with 0 out of 3, ok with 1 out of 3, happy with 2 out of 3 and ecstatic with 3 out of 3. I'd say Roy is 50/50, with the other two probably being under 50% that they are back.
                            Zero and I mean zero chance that Szmatula goes anywhere after this season. He's a great playmaker in college but game not fitted for the pros.
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised at all if there are more Mainers Fri and Sat than non-DogHouse NU fans.
                              Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                                Zero and I mean zero chance that Szmatula goes anywhere after this season. He's a great playmaker in college but game not fitted for the pros.
                                What do you think about the chances of Roy and Witt leaving, Jeff?
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X